Last Updated on February 25, 2022
Storage sheds provide practical solutions to store all the gears, tools, cleaning materials, and whatnots that you intend to keep out of the house. Rubbermaid storage sheds go the extra mile to offer benefits beyond storage that, otherwise, would be a cumbersome task.
- 1 Top 9 Rubbermaid Storage Sheds To Shop For
- 1.1 1. 7×3 ft Rubbermaid Garden Storage Shed
- 1.2 2. 7×10.5 ft Rubbermaid Garden Storage Shed
- 1.3 3. 5×2 ft Rubbermaid Outdoor Garden Storage Shed
- 1.4 4. Rubbermaid Slide-Lid Resin Garden Storage Shed
- 1.5 5. Rubbermaid Slide-Lid Resin Roughneck Outdoor Shed
- 1.6 6. 5×4 ft Rubbermaid Outdoor Garden Storage Shed
- 1.7 7. 5×6 ft Rubbermaid Resin Garden Shed Large
- 1.8 8. 7×7 ft Rubbermaid Outdoor Storage Shed
- 1.9 9. 7×10 Rubbermaid Outdoor Garden Shed
- 2 Rubbermaid storage sheds: Buying Guide
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Conclusion
Top 9 Rubbermaid Storage Sheds To Shop For
Why choose a Rubbermaid shed?
- Rubbermaid storage sheds are designed and engineered to be weather-resistant. All Rubbermaid sheds are made with resin with a quality that is built to last and resist wear and tear due to constant UV exposure.
- Rubbermaid outdoor storage products are built with added security in mind. Latches are included in case you wish to add a lock to keep your stuff safe and secure.
- Rubbermaid storage sheds are complemented by shed accessories that are sold separately. That keeps the cost of each unit down to the bare minimum and you can choose to pay only for the accessories that you absolutely need to stay organized.
- Each unit of Rubbermaid shed is supplied with floors. That is one less consideration for you to worry about. Not all outdoor sheds come with a floor so you’ll have to get your floor separately constructed.
That said, the table below lists 10 of the best outdoor sheds from Rubbermaid that you should definitely check out. Don’t forget to keep reading to the end for the ultimate guide to shopping Rubbermaid sheds so you know exactly what you should watch out,
(l x w x h)
BEST OVERALL7x3 ft Rubbermaid Garden Storage Shed
|95 x 84 x 42||239|
PREMIUM PICK7x10.5 ft Rubbermaid Garden Storage Shed
|84 x 126 x 103.02||443|
BEST VALUE5x2 ft Rubbermaid Outdoor Garden Storage Shed
|52 x 31 x 81||120|
|Rubbermaid Slide-Lid Resin Sandstone Garden Storage Shed|
|52 x 72 x 42||173.6|
|Rubbermaid Slide-Lid Resin Roughneck Outdoor Shed|
|60 x 79 x 54||173.6|
|5x4 ft Rubbermaid Outdoor Garden Storage Shed|
|52 x 48 x 72||155|
|5x6 ft Rubbermaid Resin Garden Shed Large|
|52 x 72 x 72||195|
|7x7 ft Rubbermaid Outdoor Storage Shed|
|81 x 81 x 91||311|
|7x10 Rubbermaid Outdoor Garden Shed|
|84 x 120 x 38.2||598|
Check out the highlights, pros, and cons of each of these garden sheds by Rubbermaid below:
1. 7×3 ft Rubbermaid Garden Storage Shed
This Rubbermaid outdoor storage is the Best Overall pick for providing medium to large storage space to hold and keep everything you need outdoors securely, safely, and neatly organized. Besides that, you’ll still have to check how it suits your backyard space. It may be too large for smaller open spaces yet even that will depend on your personal preference.
- Strengthened, double-walled make adds to the product durability
- Leak-proof and water-resistant
- Made available with flooring made of heavy-duty plastic
- Holds ample storage space for most households’ outdoor storage requirements.
- Customizable accessories that help save you money by buying only what is absolutely needed.
- This shed is made with dent-resistant material.
- Angled roofing prevents water from becoming stuck and stagnant.
- This will require at least two persons to successfully assemble.
- It may not be suitable for smaller lawns or outdoor spaces.
2. 7×10.5 ft Rubbermaid Garden Storage Shed
Of all the Rubbermaid storage sheds on this list, this product provides the largest space. It can store all your outdoor tools, gear, and equipment — from power tools to lawnmowers to mountain bikes. Moreover, if you choose to secure your stuff, you may always do so with a padlock.
- Designed with two windows
- Designed with air vents for enhanced air circulation inside
- Covered by 10-Year Limited Warranty
- This shed is designed with windows that allow sunlight to penetrate.
- It has air vents that allow air to move in and out freely which helps prevent molds from forming.
- Rubbermaid sheds have a huge lineup of accessories that cater to your every possible storage requirement.
- This unit is available in Roughneck and Sandstone variants.
- A padlock is not supplied with the unit and will have to be bought separately.
- Installing pegboards may require drilling through the unit and caulking to keep the unit leakproof.
3. 5×2 ft Rubbermaid Outdoor Garden Storage Shed
This is among the smallest, full-height Rubbermaid storage sheds. As such, it will smaller open spaces. It also complements leaner outdoor storage space requirements. That means, you will be able to fit smaller power tools or a ladder but not a riding lawnmower. Most smaller houses with smaller gardens to tend should find its size sufficient for their day-to-day gardening needs.
- Two doors and two handles provide easy access
- Impact-resistant and protected from dents
- Its compact size makes it ideal for smaller spaces.
- Handles that open outward provide ease of access to everything you need that is stored inside.
- The unit can be secured with a chain or padlock.
- This unit comes with the same sturdy flooring that keeps it leakproof from the bottom side.
- The conservatively angled roofing may not keep rainwater from becoming stuck.
- There are no vents or windows which can create a musty and damp environment inside conducive to the growth of molds and fungi.
- Rubbermaid wall anchors and drilling will be required if you’re planning to use pegboards.
4. Rubbermaid Slide-Lid Resin Garden Storage Shed
This Rubbermaid shed is only about half the size of full-length sheds from this brand. Besides that, this unit is made with the same leakproof, water-resistant, and double-walled construction durability that other larger Rubbermaid sheds boast of.
- Leakproof and water-resistant
- Includes 8 wall anchors
- Holds up to 96 cu. ft. of storage
- Sliding lid
- Wall anchors supplied with the unit makes customizations easy to achieve, including installing a pegboard.
- Rollers and sliding lids provide easy access to contents
- The unit is lockable although locks will have to be bought separately.
- Flooring quality seals it from water leaks.
- It provides very limited space compared to other full-length Rubbermaid storage sheds.
- Assembly still requires a few hours but with little help required from a second person to assist.
5. Rubbermaid Slide-Lid Resin Roughneck Outdoor Shed
The reinforced double-wall construction strengthens the unit and improves its durability to resist damage due to sun, rain, and other environmental elements. This is a feature common to all Rubbermaid storage sheds.
This unit is slightly larger than the previous product detailed above and so it provides some more space to store everything you need to keep outside of your home. Similarly, this unit does not have windows and vents to keep the natural airflow circulating and sunlight to shine through.
- Strengthened make with double-walled construction
- Sliding lid and rollers for easy access to contents
- Supplied with cane-bolt locking
- Weather-resistant, water-resistant
- It has a compact design that is only about the height of an average fence which is perfect if you don’t want your shed to be too imposing.
- Rollers and sliding lid allow easy access to contents.
- Two doors opening outward makes it easier to move stuff in and out of the shed.
- Customizable design and availability of accessories help you achieve your unique storage requirements with ease.
- Sloping roof prevents rainwater from being deposited and becoming stagnant.
- The unit does not have windows or vents which makes indoor air musty and damp.
- Limited space may not make this unit suitable for homes with larger lawns.
6. 5×4 ft Rubbermaid Outdoor Garden Storage Shed
This unit is among the smallest, full-length Rubbermaid storage sheds. It will suit modest outdoor and garden storage space requirements. For instance, it will fit a push mover but not a riding lawnmower. It can also be easily customized to meet your every possible storage requirement. Rubbermaid accessories, such as tool racks, power tool holders, and accessory kits that are each sold separately can help make it happen.
- Lightweight panels
- Easy assembly
- Lockable doors
- Each of the panels weighs no more than 50lbs. which simplifies construction.
- Highly customizable with separately sold Rubbermaid shed accessories.
- The conservative slope of the roof may cause rainwater to be deposited.
- Doors are lockable but chain or lock will have to be bought separately.
7. 5×6 ft Rubbermaid Resin Garden Shed Large
Rubbermaid storage sheds cater to different storage requirements. This unit, in particular, will fit large items like bicycles and motorized equipment you want to keep out of the house. This shed is highly useful and versatile. The two best reasons why it is a good buy is that it’s easy to install and will last you for many years.
- Double-walled construction promotes durability
- 159 cu. ft. capacity
- Lockable doors
- This shed will not rot just like wooden sheds do.
- The durable plastic material will also not rust as metal sheds do.
- Equally durable and leak-resistant floors are supplied with this unit.
- Two persons and at least a few hours are required to assemble this unit.
- Doors are lockable but locks will have to be purchased separately.
8. 7×7 ft Rubbermaid Outdoor Storage Shed
Among the larger-sized Rubbermaid storage sheds, this unit can hold everything you need stored but away from your main house. Assembly may require a few hours up to a day and two people going over the schematics to get it up. However, its durable material and construction should last you for a long time.
- High-angle sloping roof
- Designed with windows and air vents
- Double-walled construction
- Impact-resistant floor
- Lockable doors
- Sharply-angled roof with uneven texture helps keep rainwater from becoming deposited.
- Windows and air vents allow sunlight and air circulation which prevents molds and fungi from forming.
- Weather-resistant design and construction keep your tools and equipment dry and safe from the elements.
- Supplied with lockable doors although locks require added spend.
- It requires at least two people and about half a day to assemble.
9. 7×10 Rubbermaid Outdoor Garden Shed
One of the largest available Rubbermaid outdoor storage, this unit is easy to assemble and comes with a detailed guide. However, at least two people are required to set up this unit.
- 467 cu. ft. of storage space
- 2 windows and 2 skylights
- Lockable doors
- Double-walled construction
- Double-walled construction promotes overall durability.
- It protects contents from damages caused by water, wind, and other natural elements.
- Air vents, skylight, and windows promote enhanced sunlight penetration and air circulation.
- Made by a trusted global brand.
- Doors are lockable but locks are not supplied.
- Requires at least two people and about half a day to assemble.
Rubbermaid storage sheds: Buying Guide
Rubbermaid provides one of the best outdoor and garden storage solutions. Made of materials specially designed to help resist damage and corrosion due to unforgivable outdoor conditions and elements, these sheds are made to last for many years.
There are several considerations for you to keep in mind when shopping for Rubbermaid storage sheds. Making sure you got these factors covered in your buying decision will help guarantee that you are only paying for the storage and quality you want and are willing to pay for. Plus, it makes you satisfied with your purchase.
There are varying materials used in outdoor shed design and construction. Other than resin and plastic which Rubbermaid and Suncast storage sheds are made of, most are made with wood or metal which can make the unit rot or rust, respectively.
The potential downside of going for sheds that are made of plastic and resin is that these may become brittle and crack over time. Not so with Rubbermaid sheds. Remember that Rubbermaid also sells coolers that are made for tough conditions. They draw on the design and engineering of which to make sheds that are made for the outdoors.
Size of the Outdoor Space and Storage Needs
Exactly what size of shed do you need? There are several considerations yet two, in particular, stand out.
First, you have to assess how much space you have in your open area and about what size of shed it can accommodate. Now, just because you have a large backyard, it does not mean you should go for something larger. Except in case you are anticipating for future need for more storage space, you should consider what you need the shed for.
Overall Assembly and Construction Required
Most outdoor sheds you can buy online require some form of assembly on your part. If you don’t like having to assemble your own shed, you should get a prefabricated storage shed delivered to your place instead which is typically available from local suppliers.
Many of the units requiring assembly will also not be supplied with floors. On the contrary, all Rubbermaid storage sheds come with sturdy, leakproof floors that keep all of your stuff dry and well-protected from becoming wet or overly exposed to sunlight.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Rubbermaid Storage Sheds Come With Floors?
Yes. In fact, most sheds made with plastic resin are usually supplied with floors. If not, a base will have to be constructed separately, drilled down to keep steady, then sealed to prevent water leaks.
How Long Do Storage Sheds Last?
That depends on many factors, including materials used for construction, design, and maintenance. In the case of Rubbermaid storage sheds, each unit comes can last up to 20 years. The 10-year limited warranty coverage of each unit attests to its durability.
Are Outdoor Storage Sheds Made Of Metal Better Than Those Made Of Plastic?
Well, not necessarily. Each will have their own advantages and disadvantages. Depending on the plastic material used, plastic sheds can rival or even outlast metal garden storage sheds. However, overall, metal sheds will be able to bear more weight from its walls compared to plastic sheds. On the other hand, one of the advantages of plastic sheds over metal sheds is that these do not rust.
Rubbermaid storage sheds provide one of the best options out there if you are planning to add more space to accommodate your ever-growing storage requirements. In general, assembly is required to get units setup and this can be the worst downside. Full-sized Rubbermaid sheds will require two people to and several hours of putting it together but the reward is potentially deriving practical use for up to 20 years.
Therefore, if you are looking for a great buy without major compromises, it’s always advisable to buy from globally-recognized products with a proven reputation for delivering quality, like Rubbermaid. That gives you a storage shed that is “built to last” and “easy to assemble” — all for your “peace of mind”. This is Rubbermaid’s value proposition.
homestuffpro.com is reader-supported and a part of the Amazon Affiliates Program. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read our disclosure for more information.