Last Updated on February 25, 2022
Karcher is the world’s largest manufacturer of pressure washers. From small electric power washer to big heavy-duty machines, Karcher is known for providing outstanding results. While gas machines are heavy and best used for job-site work, an electric unit is ideal for residential use. Electric units are lightweight, easy to operate, and above all, the power they deliver is enough to deal with residential stuff.
Many people still hesitate to buy an electric pressure washer over gas one due to safety reasons. But you will not have to worry about safely with Karcher electric pressure washer for home use as they are certified for safety and equipped with a GFCI. GFCI stands for Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupter. In addition to GFCI, the electric washers are double insulated to work flawlessly in a wet environment. In short, you’ll not have to worry about short circuit incidences like cheap electric pressure washers.
Looking at the safety measures, ease-of-use, and quality tested units, we’ve picked some of the best electric Karcher pressure washers. With PSI range between 1600-2000, they offer enough power to tackle most of the residential jobs. So check below and find which Karcher washer is ideal for your home.
- 1 Best Karcher Electric Powered Washer Comparison
- 2 1) Karcher K2 Plus Electric Power Pressure Washer, 1600 PSI, 1.25 GPM
- 3 2) Karcher K3 Follow-Me Electric Power Pressure Washer with 4 Rolling Wheels
- 4 3) Karcher K1700 Electric Power Pressure Washer – Turbo Nozzle Included
- 5 4) Karcher K5 Premium Electric Power Pressure Washer
- 6 5) Karcher K1900 Electric Power Pressure Washer 3-Year Warranty & Turbo Nozzle Included
- 7 6) Karcher K1800 Electric Power Pressure Washer
- 8 7) Karcher K4 120V Electric Power Pressure Washer X-Series
- 9 Electric Vs Karcher Gas Washers
- 10 Conclusion
Best Karcher Electric Powered Washer Comparison
|Karcher K2 Plus Washer||1600 PSI||1.25 GPM||Check Price|
|Karcher K3 Follow-Me Washer||1800 PSI||1.3 GPM||Check Price|
|Karcher K1700 Power Washer||1300 PSI||1.2 GPM||Check Price|
|Karcher K5 Premium Washer||2000 PSI||1.4 GPM||Check Price|
|Karcher K1900 Electric Washer||1800 PSI||1.3 GPM||Check Price|
|Karcher K1800 Electric Washer||1800 PSI||1.3 GPM||Check Price|
|Karcher K4 120V Power Washer||1900 PSI||1.5 GPM||Check Price|
1) Karcher K2 Plus Electric Power Pressure Washer, 1600 PSI, 1.25 GPM
Clean dirt away from your pavement and driveway easily with Karcher K2 Plus electric pressure washer. Its 1600 PSI power at a flow rate of 1.25 GPM is ideal for all types of cleaning jobs around the house. Besides, K2’s high-pressure gun possesses a good balance which allows you to aim and clean various surfaces easily. In addition to G120 Q gun, Karcher K2 Plus features a Vario Power spray wand that allows to easily switch from low to high pressure. You’ll not have to take the walk back to the machine just to adjust pressure while cleaning.
Unlike gasoline machines, you’ll not have to go through maintaining the oil-gas ratio or pulling cords to start the engine. Simple connect the Karcher K2 electric pressure washer with a good water supply, turn the knob on and push the trigger. The best thing about this electric power washer is it the motor turns off itself when you are not pressing the trigger. And this feature helps to save both electricity and water. Besides, you can easily transport the unit from place to place, thanks to the tall design and small wheels. The plastic wheels will never get flat which makes it ideal for different types of terrains
Why buy Karcher K2 Plus?
- Durable, non-corrosive, and maintenance-free N-COR pump
- Generous cable hooks on the unit allow tidy storage of cable when not in use
- Best small electric pressure washer for home
- 2-year warranty with a rapid exchange program
- 1600 PSI; 1.25 GPM and 20-foot high-pressure hose
- Practical cleaning agent tank simplifies the application of cleaning agents
- Integrated water filter
- Lightweight pressure washer; weighs 13 lbs without accessories
2) Karcher K3 Follow-Me Electric Power Pressure Washer with 4 Rolling Wheels
Pressure washers are quite heavy which makes them infeasible for the elderly and people suffering from arthritis to move around. But now you’ll not have to ask for help with Karcher K3 Follow-Me electric power pressure washer. Thanks to its unique 4-wheel design that makes it highly maneuverable. You can keep on cleaning your dirty driveway while the mini pressure washer follows you. Such a design does not require frequent repositioning or adjusting unless its a sloped way.
With 1800 PSI and 1.3 GPM of flow rate, Karcher K3 works like a charm. Besides, it features a Vario power spray wand to adjust the water pressure easily. However, the hose is a bit short measuring 15 ft. But it does have a large width that helps with a quick cleaning. Do not let 1800 PSI confuse you with poor cleaning ability as the wand features DirtBlaster technology. This technology provides up to 80% greater cleaning performance as compared to VPS in terms of removal. And this much power is enough to remove loose paint, clean pavements, driveways, fences, etc.
What makes Karcher K3 Follow-Me worth buying?
- Its the only 4-wheeled electric pressure washer on the market
- DirtBlaster spray wand for better cleaning
- The best Karcher pressure washer for cars, trucks and RV’s
- Quick-connect system for fast initial startup of the device
- Lightweight and highly portable
- Integrated accessory storage on the device
- Easy to use and maneuver; a great choice for people with weak arms or the ones suffering from arthritis
3) Karcher K1700 Electric Power Pressure Washer – Turbo Nozzle Included
Cheap plastic parts tend to wear out before time. And in the worst case, you might see the nozzle and hose connections loosening after a few uses. But thanks to metal connection and integrated metal extrusions of Karcher K1700 that will last long offering strong performance. The 1700 PSI power and 1.2 GPM flow rate of Karcher K1700 is enough to tackle most of the residential cleaning. You can wash lawn tools, outdoor furniture, fences, motorcycles, small and medium SUVs. Speaking of cleaning cars, Karcher K1700 features a removable detergent tank for easy washing of vehicles.
User-friendly design is the best part of Karcher K1700. It features on/off footswitch which makes turning the machine on and off easily by stepping on the foot. Not only does it helps with easy start/stop but such design also reduces back strain caused by frequent bending over. Besides, there’s a large removable storage bin to hold your personal accessories and items while you’re cleaning. And a unique power cord storage reduces storage clutter and helps prevent cord damage while not in use.
Highlights of Karcher K1700:
- Foot On/off switch
- Covered by an impressive 3-year warranty and backed by the Rapid Exchange Program
- Universal quick-connect wand and a standard M22 hose connection
- Oversized wheels help to maneuver unit easily around your backyard and front driveway
- Easy 5-minute setup with no tools required
- Includes 3 nozzles: turbo, 15-degree all-purpose, and a detergent nozzle
- Durable aluminum frame makes it one of the best rated electric pressure washers for the price
4) Karcher K5 Premium Electric Power Pressure Washer
Clean like a pro with Karcher K5 Premium electric power washer. Its powerful water-cooled induction motor delivers 2000 PSI for thorough cleaning. Prolonged use of the machine can cause the motor to burn. This happens a lot when you’re working on large pavements, patio, or deck area. But thanks to water-cooled induction motor of Karcher K5 that circulates water around the motor that in turn, lowers the operating temperature. As a result, it improves motor life by up to 5x. You will not have to turn the unit off frequency after a short while to cool the motor down.
Karcher K5 premium includes two wands, a Vario Power, and a DirtBlaster spray wand. While the Vario Power wand is ideal for low-pressure cleaning like washing car, the DirtBlaster wand is perfect for most stubborn stains. It is great for cleaning off mold and mildew from fences, decks, pathways, etc. Also, you will love the long 25-foot high-pressure hose that lets you clean a large area conveniently. You’ll not have to move and adjust the unit frequently, thus, saves your back.
Why go for Karcher K5 Premium?
- Patented water-cooled induction motor lasts up to 5x longer
- Includes 2 types of wand for light and heavy-duty cleaning around the house
- Simple twist the Vario Wand to adjust the pressure from low to high and vice versa
- Best Karcher electric pressure washer for patios, driveways, pavements, sidewalks, etc
- Equipped with large 7.7-inch high impact wheels to move easily over different terrains
- Built-in pressurized hose reel to protect and store the 25-foot long hose
- Onboard detergent tank with adjustable detergent flow dial
- Backed by Rapid Exchange Program and 2-year limited warranty
5) Karcher K1900 Electric Power Pressure Washer 3-Year Warranty & Turbo Nozzle Included
If you’re in no mood to search for nozzle connections separately then Karcher K1900 power washer is perfect for you. Unlike its other models, K1900 comes with 4 quick-connect nozzles. There’s a turbo nozzle for maximum cleaning power, a 15-degree, a 40-degree, and a detergent nozzle. And all of these nozzles are extremely easy to interchange. Besides, all-metal hose connections and steel spray wand ensure durability. You’ll not have to search for a new wand or nozzles after a few uses like other inexpensive pressure washers on the market.
The size of Karcher K1900 is large as compared to the above models. This is due to its 1900 PSI of TruPressure™ cleaning power and large 1-gallon detergent tank. The tank lets you pour in a good amount of soap solution so to clean large SUVs, trucks, and RV in one go rather than refilling the tank again and again. But large size of the unit will not interfere with storage as you can fold the handle down once the work is over. This lets you store the electric pressure washer conveniently in the small space.
Why buy Karcher K1900?
- Heavy-duty frame, all-metal hose connections, and a steel spray wand offers long-lasting durability
- Compatible with industry-standard pressure washer accessories
- 3-year limited warranty with industry-leading Rapid Exchange Program
- Folding handle for compact storage
- On/Off foot switch
- Best home pressure washer under $500 offering premium performance
- Includes 4 quick-connect nozzles: turbo, 15º, 40º, and detergent
- Easy to assemble as it requires no special tools
6) Karcher K1800 Electric Power Pressure Washer
You might not need a heavy-duty pressure washer for light cleaning jobs around the house. Not only are the heavy-duty units large but also expensive. So instead get a compact yet powerful electric pressure washer like Karcher K1800 that offers enough power to deal with light cleaning. With 1800 PSI Trupressure™ and 1.2 GPM flow rate, Karcher K1800 is best for fences, paving stones, motorcycles, ATV’s, small cars and medium SUVs. Instead of a knob on the front panel, K1800 features an on/off foot pedal to start and stop the machine conveniently.
To help with residential cleaning, Karcher K1800 includes 3 nozzles. The turbo nozzle for maximum cleaning power on stubborn areas, a 15-degree all-purpose nozzle, and a detergent nozzle for effective car and SUV washing. All three nozzles have metal connections and are extremely easy to interchange. Plus, universal quick-connect wand and standard M22 hose connection simplify nozzle and accessory usage. There’s even a high cord wind to store the electric cord safely after use. And a large bucket-storage bin to store all the accessories on board while not in use.
Highlights of Karcher K1800:
- The K1800 meets all Pressure Washer Manufacturers Association PW101 performance requirements, ensuring accurate PSI and GPM ratings
- Covered by a 3-year limited warranty and backed by Rapid Exchange Program
- 0.5-gallon removable detergent tank and an innovative on/off foot switch
- Oversized no-flat wheels allow easy maneuvering over different terrains
- Highly durable integrated aluminum frame
- Best value pressure washer under $200 for home use
- The handle folds down for compact storage
7) Karcher K4 120V Electric Power Pressure Washer X-Series
Cleaning large driveways and pavements need a powerful residential pressure washer. And Karcher K4 120V electric unit is just perfect for quick cleaning of large areas. Thanks to its water-cooled induction motor that helps to cool down motor by circulating water around. This not only lets you clean a large surface in one go but also protects the motor from overheating. In fact, water circulation around the motor help prolongs its life by up to 5x. Besides, it works much quieter than a gas pressure washer. You’ll not have to wear noise-canceling headphones while working with Karcher K4 electric pressure washer.
Stubborn stains and molds on the patio are a breeze for Karcher K4 to handle, thanks to its DirtBlaster™ spray wand. The innovative wand technology helps to clear off mildew, mold, dirt, etc easily from concrete, stone, brick, patio, and other hard surfaces. For delicate surfaces, Karcher K4 includes a Vario Power Spray wand. This wand is ideal for cleaning garden tools, ATVs, outdoor furniture, etc. On the downside, this electric washer is a bit heavy weighing at 27.30 pounds. But it would not be a problem to maneuver the machine around with large never-flat 7.7-inch wheels.
What makes Karcher K4 worth buying?
- Durable N-COR pump with non-corrosive interior
- Water-cooled induction motor with high performance
- Large 25-foot high-pressure hose with 1900 PSI and 1.5 GPM flow rate
- Includes two spray wand for light and heavy-duty residential cleaning jobs
- Backed by Rapid Exchange Program and a limited 2-year warranty
- Adjustable detergent flow dial provides utmost control and prevents water wastage during light-duty cleaning as well
- Certified by CSA International for safety
Electric Vs Karcher Gas Washers
People often get confused on what type of pressure washer should they buy, electric or gas? It is a true fact that gasoline power washers are powerful than electric ones. But thanks to advancements in technologies that have left electric washers not much behind than gas ones. And you will not have to worry about the performance of Karcher electric pressure washer as they are both durable and safe to use.
Karcher electric power washer offer PSI range between 1600 – 2000 which is enough to handle a wide variety of residential cleaning. They are easy to operate, lightweight, and stores easily in small spaces. Karcher corded-electric pressure washers offer a long cord so you can easily maneuver the tool in your patio, pavement, driveway, and deck. There are a dozen of designs and PSI power to choose from for the optimal cleaning around the house.
On the other hand, Karcher gas-powered pressure washers are also a good choice for residential use. While they offer high cleaning power, you need to maintain the proper oil-gas ratio. Plus, gas engines make them a little heavier to maneuver around. Also, gas-powered machines emit smoke which is not good for the environment. But they are great for cleaning decks, concrete surfaces, patios, and other hard-surfaces in one go.
You can also read our other reviews related to different types of pressure washer.
- 7 Best Simpson Pressure Washer
- 5 Best Cordless & Battery Operated Pressure Washers
- Best Electric Pressure Washer Under $200
Earlier, electric pressure washer used to have a weak output. But now, things are different and you can expect an electric device to work as effectively as a gasoline unit. Karcher electric pressure washers are 100% quality tested and made with German technology. Their user-friendly designs and high durability makes them a top choice for household cleaning. Also, the price tag is reasonable according to the high-class performance Karcher electric washer offers. Their products are also backed by a Rapid Exchange program that bypasses hassles of a traditional repair program. Durable, innovative, and safe, Karcher corded-electric pressure washer are great for overall residential cleaning.
homestuffpro.com is reader-supported and a part of the Amazon Affiliates Program. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read our disclosure for more information.