Washing machines have now become more of a necessity as no one have time to hand wash clothes. Also cleaning laundry by hands need almost the same amount of water as that of a machine. And such activities even stress out your body. So here we are with our 5 best top loading washing machine reviews. Today we are only focusing on top loading units as they are quite popular with some people. Even some users trust the working of a top load washer more than that of a front loading washing machine. So we have 5 best products, especially for such buyers.
Wash quality of a top loading washing machine is better than hands. And they are a lot cheaper than front loaders. Even you do not buy special costly detergents with a top loader. A regular detergent or liquid works fine with such units. Further, there are fewer issues of door leakage and mildew build-up with top loading washing machines. Whereas, front models are more prone to mold and mildew build-up. We’ll discuss the[amazon table=”3280″]
- 1 1. Speed Queen TR3000WN – Best Top Load Washer For Hard Water
- 2 2. GE Haier HLPW028BXW
- 3 3. Giantex 17.6 Lbs Excellent Portable Twin Tub Washing Machine
- 4 4. ZENSTYLE Full-Automatic & Multifunctional Washing Machine Without Agitator – Top Rated
- 5 5. By Frigidaire The Best Top Loading Washing Machine Under $500
- 6 Buying Guide
1. Speed Queen TR3000WN – Best Top Load Washer For Hard Water[amazon box=”B01786RUJC” title=”Speed Queen TR3000WN – Top Load Washer”]
Simple controls of
You get an option to select wash temperature from hot, warm and cold. However, the only option of rinse is by using cold water. But on the positive side, it draws hot water directly out the tap as well as does not dilute it with cold water. Also, a heavy-duty hot water cycle finishes in just 30 minutes. Furthermore, it provides an extra-rinse switch that helps with hard water. If your area gets hard water supply then simply turn on the extra-rinse switch or else simple rinse is fine. Thus, all features of the unit make it the best top loading washing machine with an agitator.
2. GE Haier HLPW028BXW[amazon box=”B06X6MLP5G” title=”GE Haier HLPW028BXW Top Loading Washer”]
If small space is your concern then you might love this portable top loading washing machine. Its compact design easily fits in small apartments. But don’t let small size of the unit fool you with its efficiency. In spite of the compact size, this top loader can fit 2.1 cubic feet of laundry. This much capacity is good enough for small to medium size family. The absence of agitator helps in placing more number of clothes. Moreover, the weight of the unit is just 50 pounds which makes it easy to move around. You can also read our review of the best portable washing machine.
LED display lets you control 8 different wash cycles including dedicates, heavy duty, normal and speed wash. So yes you can wash a variety of laundry from soft wool to dirty shirts with this top loading washing machine. Furthermore, it comprises of a clear glass lid that allows you to monitor the ongoing process. Let us not forget to mention its adjustable feet. These adjustable feet improves the stability of such unit when placed in uneven surfaces. Plus, it comes with all necessary hoses and caster kit for hassle-free installation.
3. Giantex 17.6 Lbs Excellent Portable Twin Tub Washing Machine[amazon box=”B01ALBMIEI” title=”Giantex Top Loading Mini Washing Machine”]
Semi-automatic machines are best for people who likes to control each and every function of the unit. So we have an amazing product from giantex on our best top loading washing machine reviews. Powerful motor of the unit gives wash quality same as that of a fully automatic model. Also, it comprises of twin tub, one for washer and another tub for spin drying clothes. While it provides 10 lbs washer capacity, it takes up to 6 lbs load for spinning. In fact, you can run both washer and spinner at the time time to save time. Thus, making it
Eco-friendly design of the product uses less detergent and water. So if you face water scarcity then this product might be beneficial. Also, 300 watts of power will not use much electricity. Even if you make use this top loader daily, it will cost you much less than laundromat. Unlike fully automatic models that need professional for installation, you can install this giantex unit all by yourself. But above all, less price of the product makes it the best top loading washing machine under 500.
4. ZENSTYLE Full-Automatic & Multifunctional Washing Machine Without Agitator – Top Rated[amazon box=”B07H84Q5HM” title=”Full Automatic Compact Washing Machine”]
If high price of automatic units is stopping you from buying one then here comes a product that is both, less in price and fully automatic. Along with that, compact design of unit is perfect for small spaces such as apartments, dorms, condos, etc. Further, lightweight weight of this top loading washing machine allows you to carry it to camping. In spite of its small size it can hold up to 10 lbs of laundry. And this much capacity is enough to fit a light sweatshirt, 5 pair of tshirts and a jeans.
The zenstyle top loading washing machine offers 10 wash programs and 8 water levels. All the programs, operation and selections are clearly listed on control panel. Just select the most appropriate mode according to your laundry and leave rest of the work on machine. It will automatically draw water, wash the clothes and drain out dirty water without any manual interaction. In spite of offering such wonderful features it is a budget-friendly product. Therefore, it stands as one of the best top loading washing machine under $500.
5. By Frigidaire The Best Top Loading Washing Machine Under $500[amazon box=”B06XDT1XLM” title=”Frigidaire Top Load Washing Machine”]
4.1 cu. ft. capacity of this top loading washing machine is perfect for medium to large size families. With this much large capacity you can fit 9-10 printed t-shirts, 2-3 shirts and 2 pair of xl jeans at once. As agitator it quite rough on clothes, the unit provides with fabric softener dispenser. You can add a top load suitable softener to get a sparkling shine on clothes. Moreover, it offers a total of 12 wash cycles for different types of cleaning. You can select the most appropriate mode according to the quality and quantity of laundry.
Another interesting feature of this
1. Front load vs top load washing machine
There are certainly some differences between front load and top load washing machine. That is what makes both of them unique. We have below short points to make difference between both the models clear(1).
Benefits of Top Loading Washing Machine:
- Cheaper than front loaders
- Best for people having back or lower back pains
- Some models include agitator for better cleaning of laundry
- Less issues of leaky door
- You can add a cloth in between cycles by pausing the ongoing function
- Many of them do not need special detergent or liquid
- Repairing a top loader is much cheaper and easy
Benefits of Front Loading Washing Machine:
- They clean clothes more gently
- Front loaders are energy-efficient than top ones
- Less water consumption
- They run much more quietly as compared to top loaders
- Provides multiple number of features
- High efficiency of front loaders cleans laundry better without agitation
Cleaning a top loading washing machine is no big deal. Also, you should clean it on a regular basis to avoid build-up of mold and mildew inside tub.
Things you need:
- 1 liter white vinegar
- 4 oz of baking soda/2 cups of lemon juice
- Turn on the machine and select the hottest temperature and highest water level. In case, you do not have an option for hot water, simply select the highest water level.
- Once the tub is full of water, add vinegar and baking soda. You can replace baking soda with 2 cups of lemon juice if you wish. All these ingredients are effective in removing hard water deposit, dirt, and grime.
- Then after, select only wash mode and let the baking soda completely dissolve into water. Once it gets dissolved, pause the function and let the solution remain inside the tub for half an hour.
- Now start your top loading washing machine again and complete the cycle. Drain out the mixture and fill the tub again with hot water. But this time simply turn on wash mode without adding anything. Doing this will remove the smell of soda and vinegar from it as well as take away loose grime.
- However, you can skip filling tub with hot water second time and make use of tissues instead. Just wet tissues with hot water and wipe walls of tub. Doing so will also remove dirt and lose grime from inside.
A conventional top loading washing machine will use near about 40-45 gallon of water per load. However, it draws less water on selecting modes such as quick, delicate, etc.