In simple words, a steam mop is nothing but an advanced version of the bucket and regular mop cleaning. Cleaning of steam mops is so effective that along with removing stains it also removes many microorganisms. These microorganisms are generally difficult to remove using a simple cleaning method. But in case of a steam mop, it removes these tiny organisms from the floor as well as leaves a pleasant smell. This property of steam mop makes it best for people who have babies at home. And in order to ease your search of steam mops, homestuffpro present you the best steam mops of 2019.
Steam mops are the best cleaning solution for people who love deep cleaning. Also, it benefits a lot to people having dust allergies. And all the credit goes to steam cleaning of a steam mop. While steam itself kills germs and bacteria, the mop instantly wipes them away from the floor. So all you get is a shiny floor with no trace of harmful bacteria and germs.
One more point to add before beginning our best steam mop reviews is versatility of steam mops. You can use a steam mop to clean different floor surfaces such as hardwood floors, laminate, tile, etc. However, not all mops support versatility. But not to worry, as you will definitely find the perfect model from our best steam mop reviews below.
- 1 Top Ten Best Steam Mops + One Bonus
- 2 1. PurSteam World’s Best Steamers – Overall Best Steam Mop Cleaner For All Types of Floor and Tiles
- 3 2. BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop Review – Best Hard Wood Steamer and Tile Cleaner
- 4 3. Shark Genius Hard Floor Cleaning System Review – Best Shark Steam Mop
- 5 4. Shark Steam Pocket Mop Review – Good Cleaning with Swivel Steering and Large Water Tank
- 6 5. LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Steamer Review – Good Steam Mop For Hardwood Floors & Laminate Tile
- 7 6. Bissell Powerfresh Deluxe Steam Mop Review – Best Steam Mop Under $100 (Runner Up)
- 8 7. O-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop with Extra Refill and a Microfiber Replacement Pads
- 9 8. Shark Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop Review – Best 2 in 1 Steam Mop with Top Ratings
- 10 9. Bissell PowerFresh Slim Hard Wood Floor Cleaner Review – Cheap Stem Mop From Top Brand With Good Ratings
- 11 10. Shark Steam Mop Hard Floor Cleaner for Cleaning and Sanitizing with XL Removable Water Tank
- 12 11. Shark Original Steam Mop (S3101) – Best Cheapest Steam Mop From Shark Under $50
- 13 Buying Guide
Top Ten Best Steam Mops + One Bonus
|Model||Suitable Surface||Steam Modes||Water Tank Size||Price|
|PurSteam||All -Laminate, Tiles, Carpet, and Hardwood Floor||3||340 ml|
|BISSELL PowerFresh 1940||Tile and Hard Wood Floor||3||16 Oz|
|Shark Genius S5003D||Hard Floor||3||350 ml|
|Shark S3501 Pocket Mop||Every Hard Floor||Dual||450 ml|
|LIGHT 'N' EASY S3601||Hardwood, Laminate & Carpet||3||11.5 Oz|
|Bissell Powerfresh Delux||Any Tiles, Hardwood||2||16 Oz|
|O-Cedar With Microfiber Pads||Any Floor Type||3||11 Oz|
|Shark Lift-Away Pro - 2 in 1 Steam Mop||Steam Blast Any Floor||3||500 ml|
|Bissell PowerFresh Slim||Hard Wood||Dual||12 Oz|
|Shark Floor Cleaner||Tiles, Laminate, Hard Wood||3||XL Water Tank (Removable)|
|Shark Original Mop||All Sealed Hard Floor||On-Demand||220 ml|
1. PurSteam World’s Best Steamers – Overall Best Steam Mop Cleaner For All Types of Floor and Tiles
First, on our review list, we present you a multipurpose steam mop. This product cleans almost everything in a house. Be it a hardwood floor, tiles or windows, this little machine is suitable for all of them. You can even steam press your clothes with this steam mop. It comes with built-in handheld steam cleaner for pressing clothes. Also, you get multiple accessories such as nylon brush, bent nozzle, window squeegee for cleaning different objects. What makes the product more interesting is its low price. And due to this reason, it also stands as best steam mop under $100.
20 feet long cord allows you to cover more distance without the need to change plug again and again. In addition, the weight of this multipurpose steam mop is only 2.2 pounds. Therefore, you can work for hours without worrying about back strain.
Furthermore, 11.05 Oz of the water reservoir is good for 20-25 minutes of continues steaming on low setting. However, time reduces to half on high setting. But on the positive side, this multipurpose steam mop uses tap water alone to steam off dirt. Thus, eliminates the need of buying expensive detergent.
Once you fill the reservoir up to mark, the steam starts forming under 30 seconds. This steam kills up to 99.99% of germs without the use of harsh chemicals. Hence, which makes it best steam mop especially if you have kids or pets in your home. So overall, it is a cheap, lightweight and powerful product which possess the capacity to clean almost every object.
- Multipurpose steam mop
- Built-in handheld steam cleaner
- 3 steam modes
- 20 feet long cord
- 340 ml of a water reservoir
- 2-year warranty
- The unit uses tap water alone to clean dirt which in turn eliminates need to buy expensive detergent
- The built-in handheld steamer is good to steam dry clothes
- Includes accessories for cleaning more than just hardwood floor and tile
- Free replacement policy for 2 years
- Simply push the button to adjust the intensity of steam
- The large capacity of water reservoir allows cleaning a large area without the need of frequent refilling
- Hard to find one
2. BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop Review – Best Hard Wood Steamer and Tile Cleaner
Next, on the review list, we have
Setting a good steam intensity is important in order to get the best results. So
Spring breeze scent disk is what makes bissell 1940 Powerfresh steam mop different from others. Simply insert fragrance disk into mop pad to get fresh scent while you clean the house. Therefore, you get the dual benefit of powerful cleaning and pleasant smell with this bissell steam mop. Also, you can use it on a variety of sealed floors such as hardwood, ceramic, linoleum, granite and marble. In short, it is best bissell steam mop in terms of cleaning.
- Flip-down easy scrubber
- 3 steam modes
- 16 Oz water tank capacity
- 23-feet power cord
- 1 microfiber soft pad
- 1 microfiber scrubber pad
- 2 spring breeze fragrance discs
- Carpet glider
- 2-year limited warranty
- The product weights only 6 lbs which makes it easy to maneuver
- Steam generates in 30 seconds so that you can start cleaning without waiting for a long while
- Flip-down easy scrubber is beneficial in removing tough and greasy stains
- Its swivel steering makes cleaning under furniture a breeze
- Affordable price is one of the main attraction of first time steam mop buyers
- No need to add detergent as natural power of steam is enough for stains and dirt on the floor
- Does not include accessories for cleaning objects other than the floor
- No handheld steam cleaner
3. Shark Genius Hard Floor Cleaning System Review – Best Shark Steam Mop
It needs more power to clean hard floors as compared to laminate ones. This is because dirt is more stubborn on hardwood surface whereas it easily wipes off on sealed floors. And this shark genius steam mop is best for cleaning stubborn and dried dirt from hard floor.
Its stream blaster technology directly throws steam onto tough, dry and stubborn mess. This in turn loosens debris from the surface so that you can easily get it on mop pad in a single pass. Thus, you do not have to move mop pad again and again over the same surface which ultimately saves time. This powerful stream blaster technology of shark is responsible for making it a best steam mop for hardwood floors.
Direct stream channeling distributes steam throughout the pocket which in turn creates ultra-wide cleaning zone. Also, wide mop pad equally contributes in fast cleaning of the hard floor. And similar to many other models, shark genius steam mop also offers 3 steam modes.
You can control the amount of steam coming out from the device by simply pressing a button. Always select maximum mode in order to wipe off stubborn debris from the hard floor. Otherwise, normal mode is good enough for daily cleaning.
In case mop pad gets dirty or too wet while moping, you can flip it to the other side. In short, shark genius steam mop offers dual-sided pads to ensure hygienic cleaning every time. Also, you do not have to touch this dirty pad to remove it from the device. All you need to do is, press a button to attach and detach mop pad from its place. This feature simply increases user comfort and at the same time makes it best shark steam mop for hardwood floors.
- Dual-sided pad
- Touch-free technology
- Steam blaster technology
- 3 steam control setting
- Direct steam channeling system
- 350 ml water tank capacity
- 22 feet cord length
- 1-year warranty
- Wide mop pad makes it possible to clean large area in a short amount of time
- Special design of dirt pad helps to lift and lock in dirt
- The grip pads are washable which means you can reuse them until they tear off
- A simple press of button attaches as well as detaches dirt pad from the device
- Weight of the product is only 5.78 pounds which makes it easy to maneuver around furniture
- No need to add soap or detergent to water tank as steam cleaning is enough for tough stains
- Handle is quite thick in size which makes it uncomfortable for some users with a small hand to hold it
- The product cannot stand steady all by itself, thus, it needs support
4. Shark Steam Pocket Mop Review – Good Cleaning with Swivel Steering and Large Water Tank
Looking for a product ideal to clean all types of surfaces? Then here comes shark steam pocket mop to fulfill the purpose. Be it wood floor, tile, linoleum or vinyl, this unit from shark will give best results.
You might find cleaning of corners bit difficult with steamers. However, this is not the case with shark pocket mop cleaner. All thanks to its pocket mop technology that turns ordinary water into super-heated steam to remove everyday dirt and grime. In addition to that, shark’s wide mop pad size helps to wipe off a large area in less amount of time. Ultimately, it saves your valuable time.
Speaking of the construction, shark steam pocket mop consists of a soft-grip handle that is round in shape. And because of this round shape, it provides better stability which ultimately reflects the quality of cleaning.
In simple words, the better grip makes it easy to move the device around furniture and other obstacles. Lightweight of the unit equally helps in easy movement of mop pad. Plus, 25-foot long power cord allows you to freely work without the need to the re-plug device again and again.
To ease storage of the unit, shark steam pocket mop offers quick-release cord. You can simply detach the cord after use and keep both wire and unit safely. Besides that, shark steam pocket mop comes with 2 washable microfiber pads. Therefore, you can throw a dirty mop pad directly into a washing machine. So in short, steaming becomes a easy with shark steam pocket mop.
- Dual-sided mop pad
- 450 ml water tank capacity
- 20 feet cord length
- Weight 4.87 pounds
- Soft-grip handle
- Quick-release cord
- 1-year limited warranty
- Lightweight and soft-grip design of the handle makes it easy to move the unit around furniture
- In order to store the unit properly, shark steam pocket mop gives you the option to release power cord
- Good length of power cord allows you to clean the room hassle free
- The unit kills 99.9% of germs and bacteria
- No need to buy detergent as tap water alone is enough for deep cleaning
- Good width of the mop pad helps in steaming off a large area in a single go
- Manual steam control
- Does not include accessories other than pair of a microfiber pad
- Bit costly
5. LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Steamer Review – Good Steam Mop For Hardwood Floors & Laminate Tile
Get the benefit of a floor as well as above-floor cleaning with this product on our best steam mop reviews. Be it a table, garment or carpet, this powerful steamer is capable to do multiple tasks. Not just that, you can use this steamer on various surfaces such as wood, laminate, stone, and tile.
In short, this steam mop is suitable for cleaning the whole house including carpet and garments. A small handheld steamer is present on the main unit itself which you can detach for the different uses. Plus, you get different accessories that you can attach to the nozzle of the handheld steamer. These accessories are helpful in removing dust from the sofa, table, etc.
According to the cleaning requirement, you can set the intensity of the steam. In total, you get 3 setting options, namely, high, medium and low. While the low setting is good for daily cleaning, high setting is ideal for removing tough stains and grease.
Furthermore, the device does not need any type of detergent to wipe off dry and sticky dirt. The powerful stream of steam is enough to remove dirt and debris. Therefore, you’ll never have a dirty floor again with this unit which makes it the best steam mop for wood floors.
Water heats up less than 40 seconds so that you can start steaming without the need to wait for long. Moreover, its lightweight and swivel steering prove to be advantageous in cleaning areas around furniture. However, a water tank capacity of 11.05 oz might bother some people as they cannot cover a large area. But it does offer a wide mop pad to clean large area in a short time. Overall, it is another best steam mop for wood floor, laminate floor, and tiles.
- Multipurpose steam mop
- 3 settings
- 20 feet cord length
- A handheld steamer
- Smart sensor technology
- 11.5 Oz water tank capacity
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
- Includes a handheld steamer to clean surfaces above the floor
- The handheld steamer comprises of an in-built sensor which turns on/off steam according to touch of fingers
- You get a sofa cloth fresher free along with the unit that you can use to remove dirt from sofas
- The unit also offers a garment steamer tool
- Affordable price in combination with attractive features makes it the best steam mop under $150
- The device works quietly even if it is on high setting
- Not suitable for people having a large house
- Can not see the available amount of water in the steam mop’s tank
6. Bissell Powerfresh Deluxe Steam Mop Review – Best Steam Mop Under $100 (Runner Up)
Undoubtedly, the amount of dirt and grease increases when you have more kids in your house. And sometimes the dirt is so stubborn that it becomes tough for even the best steam mop to remove it. So here comes a solution for all that dry, stubborn dirt on hardwood floor and tiles.
The 25 feet long power cord allows you to move the device freely around the room. It also eliminates the hassle of the re-plugging cord after every few steps.
Moreover, the unit will not consume much electricity as it runs on 12 amps. In spite of offering such wonderful features, it is an inexpensive steam mop. And due to this reason, the product falls under the category of best Bissell steam mop under $100.
- Onboard spot boost brush
- 1 water cup measurement
- Scent tray
- 25 feet cord length
- 2 steam levels
- 16 oz water tank capacity
- 2-year limited warranty
- The on-board brush comes off easily so that you can remove tough and dry stains from the floor
- Great capacity of water tank allows you to clean large area in a single go
- Long power cord makes it possible for you to freely move the unit around the whole room
- The device includes a washable scrubby mop pad to deep clean hardwood floors and tiles
- Kills 99.9% of germs and bacteria without adding detergent to the water tank
- Price of the unit is not shocking at all
- Does not include any tool for cleaning objects other than floor
- No handheld steamer
- The water tank is not removable, however, it is safe to leave water in the tank when not in use
7. O-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop with Extra Refill and a Microfiber Replacement Pads
Similar to the weight of a broom here comes a fantastic product on our best steam mop reviews. This steamer from O-Cedar is so light in weight that even a kid can handle it. And due to this reason, it proves to be best for elderly people and persons with back pain. But don’t doubt the lightweight of this device to fool you with its cleaning abilities. In spite of its less weight, O-cedar steam mop offers great cleaning.
All thanks to its triangular mop pad design that easily goes around corners. This triangular design of the mop pad is equally beneficial in removing dirt under sofas and other furniture.
Unlike the majority of these models, this O-cedar microfiber steam mop heats the water in just 20 seconds. As a result, it saves the time that you would probably spend waiting for water to heat up.
O-cedar offers 3 different heat levels. But instead of a digital button, it comprises a knob. Just push and turn the knob to switch between 3 modes. Besides that, you do not have to press down trigger constantly in order to get a continuous flow of vapor.
A 200 ml cup comes with the unit to fill water in the tank. However, it is difficult to check the water level due to the opaque material of the body. Plus, there is no refill indicator which makes it hard for a user to judge when to refill the tank. But on the positive side, the mop pad is machine washable up to 25 times. And here you get a pack of 3 refills that will easily last for 2-4 months.
- Triangular mop pad
- Heats in just 20 seconds
- Weights only 5 lbs
- A snap-on glider
- 1 microfiber pad
- 3 modes
- 1-year warranty
- A green light indicates when the product is ready for use
- Water heats up fast as compared to the majority of the units
- Triangular head effectively cleans up dirt from corners and edges
- Decent cord length allows you to freely work with the unit
- The device is easy to move around because of its extremely lightweight
- Includes a snap-on glider to refresh carpet
- Opaque materials make it hard for the user to detect water level
- You can only clean floor and carpet
8. Shark Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop Review – Best 2 in 1 Steam Mop with Top Ratings
Let us agree on the fact that mop pads get very dirty even if the floor looks clean. And trouble arises when you have to touch that dirty pad to throw it in the washing machine.
But what if your device does it for you without the need of you to touch the pad?
Sounds so relaxing right?
An here comes the good news, never touch the dirty mop pad again with this
Shark lift away pro steam pocket mop offers a handheld steamer for cleaning above the floor. Do not worry about the storage of handheld steamer as it easily fits on the main unit itself. To clean areas above the floor, just press the button and take out the unit. Then after, attach the appropriate accessory to the nozzle of the handheld unit accordingly. So no matter what your cleaning needs are, shark lift away steam mop is your best partner.
Its water tank capacity of 500 ml is enough to clean more than 2 rooms in a single go.
Apart from that, the shark’s long power cord allows you to move the device around the whole room without hassle.
Its powerful direct steam channeling system attacks toughest dirt and grease while microfiber pad removes them in a snap. And in case, one side of the mop gets dirty, you have another side. Summing up all its features, shark lift away steam mop is best for first-time buyers.
- 2-in-1 steam pocket mop
- Removable handheld steamer
- Dual-side dirt grip pads
- 3 control levels
- 22 feet cord length
- 500 ml water tank capacity
- 1-year limited warranty
- You can continuously work for a long period of time because of its dual-sided dirt grip pads
- Never touch dirty mop again, all thanks to shark’s touch-free technology
- Its steam blaster technology is effective in removing toughest stains from hardwood floors and tiles
- Comes with a triangular scrubber with pad and a garment steamer
- The handheld steamer easily fits and comes out from the main unit
- Great capacity of water tank allows you to work for more hours as well as eliminates need for frequent refilling
- Heavy-weight of the product makes it difficult to move
- Head of the mop is quite thin
- Costly unit
9. Bissell PowerFresh Slim Hard Wood Floor Cleaner Review – Cheap Stem Mop From Top Brand With Good Ratings
Are you looking for a product that can clean the whole house including outdoor grills and bathrooms? Then here comes a perfect product from Bissell on our best steam mop reviews. The
Bissell powerfresh steam mop comes with 9 accessories that allow you to clean multiple surfaces. Therefore, this grout tool is helpful in removing dirt and grime from grouts, whereas, bristle scrub brush easily removes sticky mess from grills. Also, a flat scraper tool is extremely beneficial in scrapping off dry debris from stove-tops, microwaves, and countertops. All in all, Bissell powerfresh slim steam mop is the best device for whole house cleaning.
You can change the intensity of vapor by simply pressing buttons. And for user convenience, all the buttons are at your fingertip. Just select the appropriate mode and begin clearing dirt and debris from the house. Moreover, it is quite common that people often forget where did they keep small accessories. But this is not the case with Bissell powerfresh slim steam mop as it provides on-hand storage. This space is enough to store all small accessories so that you never misplace them again.
- 3-in-1 steamer
- A handheld unit
- 9 accessories
- 12 oz water tank capacity
- On-demand steam trigger
- Extension wand
- 2-year limited warranty
- Best steam mop for cleaning whole house as well as outdoor grills
- Better control over steam output due to its on-demand feature
- Slim design of the tool in combination with low profile is helpful in cleaning areas under furniture
- Includes wall mount in order to easily store unit after use
- Comes with an angle tool to remove debris from hard-to-reach area such as sink corners
- Washable microfiber pads
- Size of water tank is relatively small
- Top of the unit is quite heavy
10. Shark Steam Mop Hard Floor Cleaner for Cleaning and Sanitizing with XL Removable Water Tank
It is not always necessary that you want extra accessories especially if you’re living on rent or condo. Accessories increase the overall cost of the product which might not be beneficial for some people. So next on our review list we have shark steam mop which is best for cleaning hardwood floors. Apart from having excellent cleaning property, cost of this shark unit is very less. And due to this reason, it also stands as another good shark steam mop under $100. Not just that, the overall look of the product is as attractive as its working capacity. It comes in a beautiful color combination of white and cyan.
Instead of continuously blowing out vapor, it comes out only on-demand. Also XL capacity of water tank allows you to clean large area in a short time. Both of these features help to save water as well as the time of the user. Besides that, you can remove the water tank from the main unit to easily fill it with tap water. And similar to the majority of shark models, you do not need to buy expensive chemicals to add into the water. Thus, cleaning power this shark steam mop is enough to remove dry and greasy stains in 1-2 turns.
Assembly of the shark steam mop S1000A is quick and easy. You might even not require a user manual to put all parts together. But shark does provide a video tutorial as well as a guide on how to assemble shark steam mop. Other than that, the unit weights only 4.06 pounds which makes it easy to maneuver. Being lightweight, it does not put the strain on your wrist and reduce chances of muscle fatigue.
- Hard floor cleaning mop
- XL water tank
- 18 feet power cord
- On-demand steamer
- Removable water storage tank
- Weights 4.6 lbs
- 1-year warranty
- Ideal unit to clean hardwood floors, tiles, marble, etc
- Huge capacity of water tank allows you to wipe-off more space in less amount of time
- Putting all parts of the device together is a breeze
- The product will last for many years because of its sturdy construction
- Comes with an extra mop pad in case the other one gets too dirty while steaming
- Price of the product is not too high which is one of the reasons for its popularity among users
- No multiple levels of steam
- Does not include any accessories other than an extra mop pad
- Length of the power cord is short as compared to other shark models
11. Shark Original Steam Mop (S3101) – Best Cheapest Steam Mop From Shark Under $50
Last on our best stem mop reviews comes shark original steam mop that is safe to use on all sealed hardwood floor surfaces. Beautiful in style, this shark original steam mop is perfect for people who like simplicity.
It is a simple yet powerful cleaning mechanism is what makes it still popular among buyers. Unlike the rest of the models in this review list, shark S3101 have manual steam control rather than electric modes. Therefore, you need to move handle little bit up and down to heat the water inside the tank properly. A green light indicates when the product is ready to use. Once the vapor comes out from the unit, you are ready to attack dirt.
Don’t let simple working of the unit fool you with its steaming power. Shark original steam mop S3101 can wipe as well as dry out the area in no time. It also possesses the capacity to remove toughest grime and stains from hardwood floors and tiles. Thus, it can clean any type of sealed hardwood floor surfaces without any chemical. And no usage of chemicals while steaming floor makes it safe for kids and pets to play.
Decent size of water tank is suitable to clean small to medium size house. However, you need to refill tank in between steaming if the area is too large. But to make things easy, this shark steam mop provides a big mop pad. This in turn helps you to clean more fast as well as saves time. But above all, extreme less price of the unit makes it a best shark steam mop under $50.
- Original shark model
- Manual steam control
- On-demand steamer
- 1 micro-fiber pad
- 220 ml water tank capacity
- 18 feet cord length
- 1-year limited warranty
- Great for sealed hardwood floor surfaces
- It is extremely easy to put all parts of the unit together
- Storing the device needs less space due to its slim design
- Its powerful vapor is enough to clean and sanitize floor without using any chemical
- Cheap price of the unit is one of the main reason behind its popularity
- Do not worry about the sturdiness of the product as it will last for years
- Size of the water tank is small
- Comes with only 1 micro-fiber pad
- Short cord length limits the area of cleaning
Shark is one of the most popular steam mop brands and if you are a shark fan, then do have a look at our best shark vacuum cleaner reviews. As we are talking about keeping our house clean, you might also like to read our reviews on good garbage disposals, and riding lawn mower.
1. What is the best steam mop for hardwood floors?
Removing dust and dirt from hardwood floors is not a big deal. Obviously, you have that old option of mopping the floor with bucket and mop. But no matter how hard you rub the surface of the hardwood floor, there’s always some amount of dust. And it is hard to see this dust through the naked eye as it sticks onto the surface after using water on it. So is there any way to deep clean hardwood floors without leaving any trace of dirt and dust? Yes, and that option is to make use of steam mop for cleaning hardwood floors. Not only does a steamer thoroughly cleans the surface but it also kills germs and bacteria on the floor. That too without using any type of chemical. And one such best steam mop for hardwood floor is Shark Genius S5003D.
2. What is the best steam mop for tile floors and grout?
Cleaning gaps in between tiles is never easy, though it may look easy. And to clean the grouts thoroughly, you need to have a special grout tool. Not all of the units provide accessories to wipe off different objects in the house. But there are some models that come with attachments necessary to clean areas other than the floor. And one such model on our best steam mop reviews is Light ‘N’ Easy (S3601). It provides more than 1 attachment along with a handheld steamer. Also, you get 3 different heat control modes and a smart sensor which automatically turn the device on/off.
3. Which is the best steam mop in the market? (Overall Good)
To be honest, the answer to this question totally depends upon your cleaning needs. Some people might not need attachments that come along the main unit. Whereas many of them seek a steam mop with attachments. And our best steam mop reviews contains both types of models. However, to make things simple for you, we have selected one model from each of the categories. Bissell Powerfresh Deluxe 1806 is best when it comes to cleaning hardwood floors and tiles. Whereas, Light ‘N’ Easy S3601 comes with the main unit as well as attachments for whole house cleaning including garment steamer. No doubt there are many other models which are equally good as these two models. And our review list will surely help you to get a best steam mop that too under budget.
4. Benefits of Using Steam Mop
Obviously, there are some wonderful benefits of using steam mop which makes it so popular. We have shortlisted some main advantages of using a steam mop below. Let us find out why steamer is taking over bucket and mop cleaning.
- Hygiene: A steamer is undoubtedly way more hygienic than the traditional method of cleaning. The reason behind it is, steam coming out from steamer is enough to kill 99% of germs and bacteria. In no time it kills many deadly viruses which makes it best if you have kids or pets in your home.
- Chemical-Free: Unlike a bucket and mop system, a steamer does not need any type of chemicals. It can effectively deep clean an area without releasing harmful compounds on the floor. Not only does it save money but it also helps a person with allergies.
- Odor: Nothing can be better than a steam mop in removing odor. All thanks to its high heating capacity which effectively kills odor-causing bacteria. In fact, some models also offer a separate scent tray wherein you can place scent discs. This, in turn, leaves fresh smell inside the room for a long period of time.
- Economical: As we already mentioned that a steamer does not require any type of chemical. So ultimately it cuts off the cost of expensive detergents or chemicals. All you need is tap water in order to make the unit work properly. And water is very cheap as compared to detergents/chemicals.
So now that have a list of good reasons of having a steamer in your house, we hope you get yourself best steam mop.