Last Updated on February 25, 2022
Do you know what is the best part of owning a riding lawn mower? Mowing lawn becomes so much fun and easy. Not only it is fun to cut grass, but a best riding lawn mower can cover large area in short span of time. This in turn, helps to save time while cutting good amount of grass. Secondly, less need of applying physical strength is one of the benefit of having best riding lawn mower. As working mechanism of riding lawn mowers are similar to that of a car, they start quickly without much effort. Therefore, hassle-free mowing makes riding lawn mowers best for the money.
Generally, riding lawn mowers are of 4 types according to power source. These four power sources are battery, gasoline, electric and manual operation.
In our best riding electric lawn mower reviews, you’ll come across units having different power source. Apart from power source, there are many features that differentiate one unit from another.
We’ll discuss these features at the end of our best riding lawn mower reviews. And for now, without wasting much time, let us start with best riding lawn mower reviews of 2022.
- 1 List of The Best Riding Lawn Mower 2022
- 1.1 1. Husqvarna MZ61 24HP Riding Mower
- 1.2 2. Husqvarna MZ61 27HP Riding Mower
- 1.3 3. Husqvarna MZ54 967696001 Mower
- 1.4 4. Ariens Edge 915245 18HP Mower – Most Convenient
- 1.5 5. Snapper 5901557 25HP Lawn Mower – Most Enduring
- 1.6 6. Swisher Z3166CPKA 66HP Mower – Most Innovative
- 1.7 7. Simplicity 2691339 Conquest Mower
- 2 Buyers Guide
List of The Best Riding Lawn Mower 2022
1. Husqvarna MZ61 24HP Riding Mower
We loved the 24HP Kawasaki engine in this model. We discovered that it contributes to the start-up and speed variations when using the mower. You don’t have to worry about the machine giving you a hard time when in rugged terrain. It has a Roll-over protection system that takes care of this.
We also appreciated that it has a deck with an ergonomic lifting system to give you an easy time operating it. Its manufacturer includes a collection system that you get separately to take care of clipping. You will enjoy using it while seated on its high back seats with armrests and padded hand grips. These particular features combine to ensure comfort.
2. Husqvarna MZ61 27HP Riding Mower
Just like Husqvarna MZ61 24HP Riding Mower, this model also comes with a variety of features that make it an excellent option. It comes packed with ergonomics and power. For starters, it has a 24 HP Briggs endurance engine responsible for speed variation and smooth start-ups.
Its manufacturer also ensures that you have an easy time with the lifting system. You can operate it comfortably from your seat. You also don’t have to worry about disposals since it has a clippings collection system. The vibration dampeners in the system also ensure that you don’t have to ensure that you can stay on the mower for long.
3. Husqvarna MZ54 967696001 Mower
You are guaranteed a wonderful experience when you decide to use this mower on your lawn. It comes with a variety of features that make it one of the easiest ones to use. For instance, it has an intuitive operator interface that allows you to know which controls to apply when using it.
The kind of engine used in this model is by one of the most trusted engine manufacturers. Its design ensures that it does not give out when using it and maintains the speeds of your choice. We found the high back seat with armrests also convenient to have. It feels comfortable to sit and ride the mower for lengthy hours.
4. Ariens Edge 915245 18HP Mower – Most Convenient
All the features in this model ensure that it delivers top performance. All it takes is for you to master which parts to get to move as you would like. You are likely to enjoy using it primarily since it comes with high back seats that have springs in them to offer you maximum comfort.
The springs help manage the vibrations from the mower. It has a foot-operated deck lift made of steel to ensure you have an easy and safe experience. We found that Ariens Edge 915245 18HP Mower is convenient too since it saves the user a lot of effort due to automation.
5. Snapper 5901557 25HP Lawn Mower – Most Enduring
This mower is one of the top-performing ones that you will come across. Features like its Hydro-Gear ZT 3200 hydrostatic transaxles ensure that you have a smooth time using it. It influences your speed and direction adjustment experiences.
Regardless of the mowing terrain, you can use this mower anywhere. It won’t lose its attractive design. It comes with a steel bumper to manage such complications. The body of this mower is welded and reinforced to ensure that you can use it for years without it breaking down.
You will enjoy the easy-to-access and read controls on the mower as well. The control systems work hand in hand with its fuel indicator to keep you updated on its functionality.
6. Swisher Z3166CPKA 66HP Mower – Most Innovative
Swisher Z3166CPKA 66HP Mower has a variety of features that you are likely to find in other mowers. It runs on a powerful Kawasaki aneugen that allows you to get all your mowing without any hitches. Also, you will love the fact that it has a Patented Rapid Response Control System that easiness yard steering experience.
Your hands also feel comfortable on the ergonomic steering wheel as you achieve steady steering. Its blades effortlessly go through the grass without requiring your intervention. As you cut through grass using this mower, it efficiently clears obstacles to ensure that you have a clear view of the mowing path. It has tires that can move effortlessly through any terrain. You can get this mower if you have a lawn that you suspect could present a challenge.
7. Simplicity 2691339 Conquest Mower
We found this mower to be the most convenient one in our review because of the electronic fuel management feature. Since it primarily runs on automatic mode, this feature ensures that the system consumes fuel appropriately. You should get it if you are looking to achieve smooth finishes on your lawn. It can achieve this look using its full-width rear roller.
Another impressive property of this mower is the fact that it operates using cyclonic technology. It redirects debris so that it does not clog the air cleaner. It’s one of the most powerful and versatile mowers, which should encourage you to purchase it.
1. How to Start a Riding Lawn Mower?
If you’re buying riding lawn mower for first time then below step might be helpful for you. These step shows how to perfectly start a riding lawn mower.
Step 1: First and foremost thing before starting a riding lawn mower is sit comfortably on the seat. Make sure you reach all controls whether they are on the bottom of the unit or on either side.
Step 2: Press brake or clutch lever same as while you do before starting a car. Hold it and set the unit’s parking brake using lever or in some models, a knob. Then after, move the gear into neutral position.
Step 3: Now comes the main step. Therefore, in order to move the unit forward, move the throttle lever upwards. And for less speed, take the same lever downside. By this way you can change speed of the riding lawn mower once you start the machine. But before starting engine, you need to keep the throttle in “N” or neutral position.
Step 4: Than after, insert the key into ignition switch and turn on the engine. Give at least 15 seconds for proper start.
Step 5: Gently move the throttle upwards and there you are, ready to mow your lawn. In case you’re starting the unit for first time or after a very long time, then keep it on for a while. Doing this will make the engine warm and will run without any stoppage.
2. What to Look for When Buying a Riding Lawn Mower?
Undoubtedly, your search of buying a best riding lawn mower have many questions. And one such question from the list is, what things to consider before buying such units? Honestly, there are numerous things to take care of when you’re investing in such an expensive products. But not all of the points are as important as some utterly important features. And below is the list of features that you should keep in mind before buying a riding lawn mower.
- Engine HP: Engine is the heart of any machine. And horsepower decides the working capacity of the unit. Also, it is not always necessary to select a product having high horsepower. Therefore, you should select an appropriate unit according to the size of your lawn. Small lawn needs less HP whereas medium and big lawns demand unit with high horsepower.
- Cut Width: In our best riding lawn mower reviews, we have products having different cutting widths. If you wish to finish mowing job in less amount of time go for wider cutting width. But in case of small lawns, even short cutting width will help to mow your lawn fast.
- Fuel Capacity: Fuel tank capacity is only applicable to units that run using gas. Thus, unit will run for long period of time if it has greater fuel tank capacity. Whereas, reverse happens in case of unit having small fuel tank.
- Transmission: Generally, transmission are of 3 types, automatic, manual and hydrostatic. While manual transmission offers set of speed to select from, automatic transmission works similar to that of a car. Whereas, hydrostatic transmission uses fluids to transfer power from engine to wheels rather than belt. As a result, it reduces jerks, maintenance as well as they last longer. Most of the products on our best riding lawn mower reviews uses hydrostatic transmission.
- Overall Built Quality: No matter how good engine or transmission capacity is, nothing matters when build quality is poor. In our opinion, select models having metal construction over plastic. The reason for it is quite obvious, metal body is way more stronger than plastic ones. So if you’re investing huge amount of money always choose quality product that is strong and sturdy.
- Z-Turn: Standard riding mower with a turning radius that is effectively zero(1). Such feature is an added advantage. However, absence of Z-Turn does not make the product less effective. It is just a cherry on top feature which makes the deal better.
3. What is the Best Riding Mower for Hills?
Zero-turn radius riding lawn mowers are best when it comes to steep hills. Therefore, these type of units provides better control on uneven terrain. Also, you must check wheels before working on hilly surface. Make sure wheels of your unit are big, strong and have good friction. But above all, lawn tractor is best choice for uneven terrain or steep hills. In our best riding lawn mower reviews we have two products best for hilly areas. First one is from Cub Cadet whereas second product is from Husqvarna.
homestuffpro.com is reader-supported and a part of the Amazon Affiliates Program. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read our disclosure for more information.