What if I tell you that smoking and grilling can be fun without compromising your BBQ taste? Having the best pellet grill and smoker can help you do that.
Sounds, simple yet amazing right?
Using pellet grills can help bake amazing BBQ recipes without worrying about temperature control and electronic start.
Smoker grill such as pellet grills are easy to manage and can give you same taste as of the restaurant you ate last week.
They come in different size which can be easily installed in your backyard or in an open kitchen. But buying the right pellet grill can be daunting.
Don’t worry stick with us to get the best deal.
We are here to help you buy the best pellet grill that can smoke, grill and bake professional BBQ recipes.
Why trust our review, we tracked down users (mostly professional smoker and at home cooks) who use these products (mentioned in our list). After reviewing pellet grills for 8 days, we finally decided to put a list out for our readers.
For people who like a fast answer, Traeger Pellet Grills and Smoker(Check It Out) is perfect for BBQ of all kind. It comes with digital controls, wood pellets, full-length grill cover and a folding shelf.
- 1 Best Pellet Grills Review
- 2 1. Camp Chef Woodwind Pellet Grill with Sear Box
- 3 2. Z Grills Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker with Patio Cover
- 4 3. Green Mountain Grill Davy Crockett Pellet Grill – WIFI enabled
- 5 4. Traeger Grill Tailgater – Portable Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker
- 6 5. Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler
- 7 6. Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Wood Pellet Outdoor BBQ
- 8 7. Traeger Grills [TFB65LZBC]
- 9 8. Memphis Pro Wood Fire Pellet Smoker – Best For Professional
- 10 9. Z GRILLS ZPG-450A Wood Pellet Barbecue Grill And Smoker
- 11 10. Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill
- 12 11. Pit Boss 71820FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 820 sq. in.
- 13 12. Traeger Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker [TFB29LZA]
- 14 13. Big Horn Wood Pellet Grill Smoker – For Outdoor BBQ Cooker Patio Kitchen
- 15 14. Louisiana Pellet Grill [60900-LG900 LG 900]
- 16 15. Pit Boss 440 Deluxe Wood Pellet Grill
- 17 Factors to consider when purchasing the best pellet grill and smoker
- 18 Conclusion:
Best Pellet Grills Review
Here are some of the best of the best pellet grills which we could find out and reviewed. Take a look at them and by the end of the review, read our buyer’s guide to understand them better. The top 15 best rated pellet grill to buy in 2020.
|Camp Chef Woodwind Pellet Grill with Sear Box||4.9||View On Amazon|
|Z Grills Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker||4.8||View On Amazon|
|Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett Pellet Grill||4.7||View On Amazon|
|Traeger Tailgater – Portable Wood Pellet Grill||4.3||View On Amazon|
|Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler||4.2||View On Amazon|
|Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Wood Pellet Grill||4.8||View On Amazon|
|Traeger TFB65LZBC Grills Texas Elite 34||4.6||View On Amazon|
|Memphis Grills Pro-Smoker Grill with Wi-Fi||4.1||View On Amazon|
|Z GRILLS ZPG-450A 7 in 1 BBQ Grill||4.3||View On Amazon|
|Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill||4.9||View On Amazon|
|Pit Boss 71820FB, 820 sq. in.||4.0||View On Amazon|
|Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Wood Pellet Grill||4.1||View On Amazon|
|Big Horn Pellet Grill Smoker [BBQ Outdoor]||4.5||View On Amazon|
|Louisiana Grills 60900-LG900 LG 900||4.0||View On Amazon|
|Pit Boss Wood Pellet Grill 440 – Deluxe||4.1||View On Amazon|
Here is a detailed review of each and every grill we picked just for you.
1. Camp Chef Woodwind Pellet Grill with Sear Box
- SMART SMOKE TECHNOLOGY- The digital temperature control and automatic auger feed...
- ENDLESS VERSATILITY- Grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and barbecue all your...
- HUGE COOKING AREA- 570 square inches of cooking surface area and a removable...
Are you worried about babysitting your BBQ? then you are going to love this Camp Chef product.
Thanks to its Smart Smoke Technology and with the help of a digital temperature control system the pellets are pushed in the grill to maintain an optimal amount of smoke.
Most of the time people complain about limited flexibility with any BBQ smoker. We know, no one likes limitation right?
In our review, this camp chef grill ranked number one due to its wide range of applications. It can help you smoke, grill, bake, roast, braise and barbecue all your favorite food items.
Ok, I’m a regular cook and like to smoke meat all the time, so how big is it?
It comes with 570 square inches of cooking surface which gives you the flexibility to cook brisket, steak, chicken or smoke your turkey during Thanksgiving.
In addition to all that, sear box can take temperature up-to 900 degrees Fahrenheit very suitable to smoke burgers, chicken and any type of meat.
2. Z Grills Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker with Patio Cover
- SMART SMOKE TECHNOLOGY !--- Set it and forget it, Automated electric feed system...
- HUGE GRILLING AREA & HOPPRT CAPACITY!--- Great for Home, party, and Tailgating:...
- Ultimate 8 in 1 Barbecue Wood Fire Pellet Grill-----Grill, smoke, bake, roast,...
A good pellet grill can can produce high amount of heat for perfect steak and can maintain slow yet low temperature for amazing barbecue.
Many chefs have told us that to enjoy the perfect smoke flavor, always choose wood pellet grills over gas or electric grills.
So in our search for the best, Z company manufactured another best wood pellet grill according to our reviews.
The brand promises for a greater grilling experience, amazing flavor, and easier to operate guideline. But we did not take their word for granted and tried it our self.
Was it one of the best pellet grill? yes, it was for sure.
We ranked it on number second, however, there is not much difference.
You can ignite the grill from a digital control panel and it is powered with Fan-forced convection cooking that eliminates the need for a rotisserie. As a result, you can create a versatile environment for grilling, roasting, smoking, braising and baking.
3. Green Mountain Grill Davy Crockett Pellet Grill – WIFI enabled
For seasonal barbecue enthusiast Green Mountain brand has something amazing to offer.
So are you looking for the best portable pellet grill that can roast, smoke, cook chicken, cook your favorite brisket recipes and much more.
The Davy Crockett has a sense-mate thermal sensor which provides ultimate temperature control. You can adjust the range up-to 1 degree F, if you want to. Yes, no more burnt chickens and no more uncooked steak.
So what do you mean by portability, is it just this grilling machine? or even i can relax while cooking?
Thanks to its cloud based app so you can monitor the grill from anywhere you can get an internet connection and spend the time with your kids. Just keep an eye on the temperature and we know barbecuing is time consuming cooking process.
This portable BBQ equipment is the best in its class and have a reasonable price.
4. Traeger Grill Tailgater – Portable Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker
So what about another portable pellet grill review? Lets take a look.
Cooking with woods just taste amazing and no one can compare the smoke taste. Traeger Tailgater grill offers 6-in-1 versatility to grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and bbq food to juicy perfection.
We ranked this griller and smoker after green mountain’s Davvy Crocket for only one reason, it has a thermostat sensor which is some what old school concept.
Traeger company claimed that it comes with an Integrated Digital Elite Controller. In our reviewing and vetting process, the sensor worked fine. However, it does not allow accurate temperature. You can expect a plus or minus 10 degree F difference.
But please don’t judge it on just one old feature. Apart from that issue, we can announce that it is one of the best pellet grills that is portable and perfect for tailgaters.
It comes with 300 square inches cooking area, big enough to full fill one family camping requirement.
You can also buy it for your house, or people who occasionally barbecue or if you have a small family.
5. Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler
- 700 sq. in. total cooking surface.
- Porcelain coated cast iron grids.
- Digitally controlled burn system.
Pit Boss Pellet Grills make it easy to prepare and serve the finest in ‘World Class, Wood-Fired Gourmet Goodness’, As they claim.
It is perfectly designed to be as versatile as possible. You can use this pellet grill to roast, bake, sear, BBQ, smoke, char-grill, bake and braise.
In addition to that, Pit Boss has added an extra upper rack for cooking purposes as the unique design can provide heat up-to 600 degree F.
We loved the Flame Broiler feature as you can shift or slide the plate for direct flame grilling. It not only looks amazing but gives a unique taste to our food.
You may have understood by this time that automated temperature control can help you cook better and stress free. So no wonder we found the digital controller in this pit boss grill.
6. Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Wood Pellet Outdoor BBQ
- Large capacity pellet hopper with exclusive ash cleanout system
- Electronic auto-start ignition for quick and easy start every time
- Dual LED temperature readout shows internal cooking temps and food temps
No matter how many times you have used a grill, you always get frustrated at the cleaning part. Most of the wood pellet grills produce lots of ash which needs to be cleaned out, otherwise, it can cause a mess.
Thanks to the Large capacity pellet hopper with an exclusive ash clean-out system that makes it easy for even beginners to clean the ash.
While learning how to use a pellet grill to do some cooking, I have learnt that the temperature of food is different from the actual temperature in the grill.
This amazing machine comes with Dual LED temperature readout that can be used to measure the difference between the temperature of the internal cooking area and foods.
Warming and smoking rack is big enough to barbecue a turkey. So you know that it can be used during festival seasons.
7. Traeger Grills [TFB65LZBC]
- Never use gas or charcoal again: cooking with wood just tastes better. Traeger...
- Versatile barbecue cooking: hot and fast, or low and slow, the Traeger Texas...
- Precision temperature control: The Digital Elite Controller rocks Advanced...
Grilling is fun during winters, and many small grills fail to provide enough temperature to roast your chicken.
Traeger is not just a brand in this industry but a trend setter. No doubt they are selling so many grilling items.
The Traeger Texas Elite 34 Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker is highly versatile that gives you the flexibility to roast, grill, bake, braise, BBQ and sear your food.
Hot and fast, or low and slow feature provides an amazing support to cook your juicy food. Cooking brisket like a restaurant won’t be a myth anymore.
No matter if you are smoking a rack of ribs or grilling a wood-fired pizza it can handle it all.
Easy-to-clean porcelain grill gates are very helpful in cleaning out ash and dirt produced after burning wood pellets. Just wipe them out with a wet cloth or rinse it with water and you are ready to go.
Our favorite feature was, in built rolling wheels at the base of the grill. You can push it around your backyard or in your outdoor kitchen. It glides smoothly without causing any noise.
How big is the grilling space, it is 646 square inches which can fit up-to 32 hot dogs, 24 burgers, 6 whole chickens, or 9 racks of delicious Traeger-smoked ribs. So space is not an issue here you just need more recipes to try out.
8. Memphis Pro Wood Fire Pellet Smoker – Best For Professional
- Freestanding wood pellet smoker grill
- 304 stainless steel construction
- 18-pound capacity hopper offers up to 62 hours of cook time; Temperature range...
Grilling is fun when you are an expert or say master of barbecue.
What if you can slide your high-end pellet grill around your house or to the place of your choice?
Hold on let me explain,
Most of these heavy cooking equipment are static and you can not move them around. So what if you want to grill your steak in your backyard? or want to use that in your open kitchen?
Memphis Pro grill is not just a high-end product but also one of the best freestanding grill and smoker in the market.
In addition to that, the in-built WiFi system makes it more attractive, tech savvy and approachable.
Apart from professional cooks, anyone can use it to smoke, bake, braise, grill or roast their burgers or meat.
9. Z GRILLS ZPG-450A Wood Pellet Barbecue Grill And Smoker
- ULTIMATE 6-IN-1-- Barbecue wood fire pellet grill: bbqbakeroastbraisesmokegrill
- FAN-FORCED CONVECTION COOKING--eliminates the need for a rotisserie and creates...
- 2019 UPGRADE--Temperature and Pellet Feed Control System. The new upgrade...
In our journey of wood pellet grill reviews, Z grills have always amazed us. They are cost effective and gives you perfect BBQ experience no matter if you are a beginner or professional.
You must have the right recipes though!
Apart from recipes, this product can handle all other issues such as temperature control, long hours of smoking capacity and have enough cooking space to roast multiple chickens at one time.
If you are budgeting and trying to find out the best and cheap pellet grills that can bake, grill, roast, braise, smoke, and sear then look no further. Z grills ZPG-450A is the perfect choice which you will not regret after buying it.
10. Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill
- Digital Controls - Electronic auto-start ignition
- Dual LED temperature readout: internal cooking temps and internal food temps
- Stainless steel probe measures internal food temperature
Take your outdoor cooking to the next level with Camp Chef’s newest and largest Pellet Grill and Smoker. It is one of the most pro level product which not only help you grill better but also improve the taste of the food due to amazing smoking capabilities.
They claim to have a patented ash clean out system which can make your life little easier by reducing the cleaning time. The process is easy and you just have to pull out the ash collector and wash it away.
We all have BBQ recipes right? but, have you ever wonder what is the secret behind the award winning BBQ cooks?
Understanding the difference of temperature between food and internal cooking space is the key. You can measure the exact temps of your food to determine when it is fully cooked.
Advanced digital temperature chip enables steady smoke flow and prevent sudden fluctuation in temperature.
Any cook or normal person can use this home griller for roasting, baking, grilling, braising, searing, and smoking foods through out the day.
11. Pit Boss 71820FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 820 sq. in.
- Flame broiler for open flame searing.
- 820 sq. In cooking surface with porcelain coated, cast-iron main grid
- Dial-in temperature control with LED read out
Pit Boss 820 pellet grill is an amazing product Pit Boss company has ever produced.
Open flame searing was one of the biggest challenge in the BBQ community. The open flamer broiler feature makes it easy for cooking food directly on the wood flame.
Steak burnt on such wood fire taste slight different in a good way. You will just love the taste.
During our vetting and reviewing process, we roasted one semi-cooked steak for 15 minutes then grilled it. The taste was amazing even without using the smoker.
The Pit Boss 820Fb features a large 820 sq. In. total cooking surface.
If you love old stuff mixed with new things, then you are going to love its dial-in temperature control with led read out. It looks so classic and attracts people around it.
The ‘Flame Broiler’ allows for both ‘Direct’ and ‘Indirect’ cooking while adding flavor back to your cooking and channeling excess grease away.
12. Traeger Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker [TFB29LZA]
Similar to Traeger tailgater, this pellet smoker and griller is small and compact. You can put it in your car trunk and blaze away to throw a BBQ party.
This junior elite promise to set it and forget it concept. You can use a grill mat to protect the grates from getting damaged over the period of time.
Let me explain, you just have to fill the pellets and set the perfect temperature according to the recipe you are going to cook. Simple as that and easy to use.
300 square inch portable cooking space gives you an opportunity to have fun in your camping and tailgating.
Barbecue was never more convenient than this before. It is affordable and last long due to its high end built-in quality.
So much you can cook with this portable smoker?
One big happy family can really enjoy this product because it can be used for 12 burgers, 2 whole chickens, or 3 racks of ribs.
13. Big Horn Wood Pellet Grill Smoker – For Outdoor BBQ Cooker Patio Kitchen
- Easy wood pellet cooking system can be used as a BBQ grill or flavorful smoker
- Large 580 square inch cooking area is big enough for all your cooking & smoking...
- Heavy duty steel construction with weather resistant finish & porcelain coated...
Big horn is one of the most reputable brand in the BBQ world. They don’t advertise a lot which is why many people don’t know about this brand at all.
But not any more, we are here to present you the best wood pellet grill and smoker by big horn. In our review, they stood out from other griller which did not made their name in this list because of easy to use benefits.
It can get plugged in almost any power source such as your car battery or any plug inside your home. However, the official stats says that big horn pellet system operates on 110-120 household current, just plug it in any household outlet.
Rest features matches to the above listed item in this review.
14. Louisiana Pellet Grill [60900-LG900 LG 900]
- LG 900 Series Wood Pellet Grill
- 913 Sq. In Cooking Surface (633 Main 280 Upper)
- Porcelain Cast Iron Main Grids
You just can not complete the list of best pellet grill reviews without including any one of the Louisiana grills.
Weather you are going to smoke or sear, this beast has one of the best digital control center which allows you to adjust the heat from 170°F hot smoke to 600°F searing temperature range.
Programmable meat probe where you can set it and forget it until it is completely cooked.
Not juts that, even with 900 square inches of cooking space it comes with a flame broiler. It gives you the flexibility to prepare your food directly on the fire.
14-gauge steel construction make sure that your item stay long with you and make so many memories over the period of a few decades.
15. Pit Boss 440 Deluxe Wood Pellet Grill
- Deluxe features include two-tone black and copper finish, combination side shelf...
- Dial-In digital control with led read-out
- 100% all natural hardwood pellets
Pit Boss 440 Delux can win every meal you cook. It is one of the most cost effective wood pellet grills which not only smoke your food but can be used for barbecue.
It comes with all common feature which we have already covered such as digital temp controller, flame broiler, upper cooking rack space, automatic start and cool down features. However, in our review, we liked this griller due to its built-in quality and elegant design.
This pit boss 440 has two-tone black and copper finish making it look more beautiful and elite. In addition to that, it also have a bottle opener, bottom shelf and sliding shelf to make your cooking experience as good as possible.
Pit Boss 440 Deluxe is another example of best pellet grills and smoker which you can buy under you budget.
You might like to read our
Factors to consider when purchasing the best pellet grill and smoker
Before buying your best pellet griller you must keep these things in mind. All these points are necessary and important because you want to cook like professional right? So analyze the product according to these important features.
- Cooking Space: Always look for this feature, the bigger it is the more food your can cook at one time. If you host more than 10 people at your house then buy big griller with 700+ square inch of cooking space. Otherwise, for camping or small family, any size around 400 square inch will be enough.
- Digital Temperature Controller: It is one of the most important feature you may not want to overlook. Most of the BBQ recipes are designed to be cooked under a certain temperature. Digital controller will help you fix that temp.
- Versatility: How you will use pellet grills will decide its worthiness of buying in the first place. Always purchase such griller which can bake, braise, roast, grill, barbecue, and smoke your meal. Otherwise, spending hundreds of dollars is not justified if some product is just offering you one type of cooking experience.
- Convenience: How convenient is that pellet griller to use is a very important factor. You don’t want to stick around the kitchen just to make sure the heat is right. Features such as smart smoke technology, auto ignition, ash clean out system, additional rack and plenty of cooking area help in making it more convenient to the user.
Also, read about our views and on-hand feedback about the best charcoal gills in the market. And if you have a pet or trying to cook beef stick then you might want to buy food dehydrators that can remove all the moisture from the food.
Having the best pellet griller will allow you to smoke your meal perfectly and cook them according to the recipes. They are among the top rated pellet grill by more than thousands of people. During the vetting process, while using these griller(1) and smoker we found them super comfortable and reviewing them was fun.
Buying any of the listed product above will solve your so many problems. We have included the best of the best pellet grills and smoker that is completely value for its money. You won’t feel that your money is wasted or not compensated well. So what are you waiting for, bring out the cook inside you and start grilling, roasting, BBQ and many more.