Last Updated on February 25, 2022
One word which comes to mind when there is chilly outdoors is fire pit. So here we are with our best outdoor fire pit reviews to help to buy a perfect model according to your requirements. But before beginning our reviews let us let you know some of the advantages of using pits.
First of all, you have several options to choose from. There are many different shapes, styles and models available. Therefore, you do not have to compromise on look as you have lot of options.
Secondly, portable fire pits are easy to shift from one place to another. As the pit does not need to nail down, you can move it easily in your yard. Apart from that, you can also carry them along with you during camping.
Thirdly, they provide sufficient light along with warmth. Even they can be used for cooking. Simply place grates or grills over the fire and cook your food. This feature of fire pits makes them best during camping.
So let us begin with our reviews of 10 best outdoor fire pits to buy in 2022. In below reviews we have covered two majorly used models, namely, wood and propane fire pits. Scroll down and get your best fire pit to keep you warm during chilly winter days.
- 1 List of Best Outdoor Fire Pits To Buy
- 2 1. Outland Living Series 401 Brown 44-Inch Outdoor Propane Gas Fire Pit Table
- 3 2. Solo Stove Bonfire Fire Pit – Outdoor Fire Pit for Patio & Backyard
- 4 3. Catalina Creations 29″ Heavy Duty Cast Iron Fire Pit
- 5 4. Landmann 28345 Big Sky Stars and Moons Firepit
- 6 5. Blue Rhino Outdoor Propane Gas Fire Pit
- 7 6. Sunnydaze 42 Inch Large Fire Pit with Spark Screen
- 8 7. Camp Chef Redwood Port
- 9 8. Endless Summer GAD1401M LP Gas Outdoor Fireplace
- 10 9. AZ Patio Heaters GS-F-PC Propane Fire Pit
- 11 10. Best Choice Products Hex Shaped Fire Pit
- 12 Buyer’s Guide
List of Best Outdoor Fire Pits To Buy
|Outland Living Series 401||Propane||View On Amazon|
|Solo Stove Bonfire Fire Pit||Wood||View On Amazon|
|Catalina Creations 29 Inch||Wood||View On Amazon|
|Landmann 28345 Big Pit||Wood||View On Amazon|
|Blue Rhino Outdoor Propane Fire Pit||Propane||View On Amazon|
|Sunnydaze 42 Inch Large Fire Pit||Wood||View On Amazon|
|Camp Chef Redwood Port. (PRO)||Propane||View On Amazon|
|Endless Summer GAD1401M Fireplace||LPG Gas||View On Amazon|
|AZ Patio Heaters GS-F-PC||Propane||View On Amazon|
|Best Choice Products Fire Pit||Wood||View On Amazon|
1. Outland Living Series 401 Brown 44-Inch Outdoor Propane Gas Fire Pit Table
So here we start our best outdoor fire pit reviews with an award winning design. This propane fire pit have unique and stylish design that will definitely enhance beauty of your backyard. In addition, it have a rectangular shape with black tempered glass tabletop. And in the center it contains ice glass rocks which truly makes the unit attractive while fire is on.
The construction of the unit is strong and durable. Further, the wicker surface is all-weather resistant. And the aluminum powder-coated base adds more strength to the unit. Therefore, the product is going to last for years and years.
Running the unit requires a standard 20 lb propane tank. The base of the unit have enough room to fit the tank. Furthermore, it consists of excesses flow valve safety mechanism. Plus you can always adjust the flame height with the help of a chrome manual control valve. Overall, this outdoor propane fire pit is stylish, safe to use, durable and worth the value.
- The unit is extremely easy to assemble and requires at most 30 minutes to finish assembling all parts
- Resin wicker is both weather and rust resistant
- Great design that will definitely make your patio or gazebo look beautiful
- Very safe to use – but keep your kids away from the pit
- Could not find any issues.
- International design award winner
- Excess flow valve safety mechanism
- CSA approved
- 100% smoke-free variable flame height
- Propane – Best of the best propane fire pit that you can get for best price.
It has been selected at Amazon Choice product. Value for money and high customer satisfaction.
2. Solo Stove Bonfire Fire Pit – Outdoor Fire Pit for Patio & Backyard
If you are in search of a fire pit that requires less space then here’s a perfect product. This portable fire pit from solo stove is great to use in patio, backyards or lawns. As the unit is not heavy to carry and uses wood as fuel, it makes it perfect for camping. All you need is small wood logs and little fire to make the unit start.
Speaking of the its construction, it have strong and sturdy stainless steel design with a modern touch. Apart from that, secondary combustion is responsible in reducing the amount of smoke coming out from the burning wood. The double wall design maximizes air flow and burning process. Whereas, the bottom vent holes are responsible to warm up the channels between the walls of the stove. This in turn, causes a secondary combustion while producing very little smoke from the burning wood.
This wood burning fire pit consists of an ash pan at the bottom. This will collect ash and small particles of wood which makes cleaning process easier. Plus it will not make your patio or gazebo dirty with black substances. Conclusively, this small fire pit from solo stove is efficient, easy to carry and requires no setup at all.
- Lightweight of the pit makes it easy to carry and shift
- It merely emits smoke
- Best fire pit for people who loves outdoor adventures or camping
- You can also toast marshmallows on bonfire
- Keep the product indoors while not in use as it may rust
- Secondary combustion
- Double wall design
- Stainless steel outer body
- Portable unit
- Less smoke generation
- It runs using wood. In order to get optimum efficiency, make use of hard wood such as oak, maple, birch, etc.
3. Catalina Creations 29″ Heavy Duty Cast Iron Fire Pit
Cast iron fire pit is by far one of the most durable fire pits. So next on our list we have a strong cast iron fire bowl having 3 sturdy legs. The fire bowl have whimsical star and moon design which makes the fire pit look more attractive.
Thick cast-iron steel construction will continue to provide durability for years. Along with the purchase of the main unit you get a mesh spark screen free. This mesh screen ensures the spark coming out from burning wood does not affect surroundings. Thus, it reduces chance of fire.
One main benefit of using cast iron fire bowl is it throws off great amount of heat. Plus there are less chances of getting rust. Besides that, the hand-cut outs and log grate ensures proper air flow. This in turn, helps to burn the wood properly.
- Safe to use because of mesh screen
- Parts of the unit requires no assembly at all
- It comes with a small circular grate at the bottom of the cauldron through which the ash can fall
- Need to purchase metal ash-bucket and scoop for the ashes separately
- Not screen behind cutouts
- Large fire cauldron
- Star and moon design on fire bowl
- Includes wire mesh spark screen
- Sturdy construction
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty
Don’t like propane or gas, then here is the best pick for wood fire pit that can keep you warm.
4. Landmann 28345 Big Sky Stars and Moons Firepit
A 12.5 inches deep fire bowl is enough to keep you warm for hours. And this outdoor fire pit from landmann moon offers you a stylish model in an affordable price. What makes this product more interesting is, its full diameter safety ring surrounding the bowl. This in turn, reduces the fire accidents. Thus, making the unit more safe to use.
Sturdy steel construction of the entire unit will keep its performance intact for years. In addition, you can also repaint the steel body using high-heat or heat-resistant spay paint. Therefore, no need to worry about rusting or corrosion as you always have option to repaint it. Plus it will also make your fire pit look brand new.
Lightweight of the unit makes it easy to carry with you. If you love outdoor adventures or camping, then you can easily take this product with you. Apart from that, it includes cooking grate and spark screen with poker. Thus, you get a complete unit under budget.
- Lightweight design makes the unit very easy to carry
- Includes full size enamel cooking grate as well as poker for staking fire
- Screen behind cutouts to prevent spark from coming out
- Issues with paint peeling off after many uses
- 12.5 inch deep bowl
- Sturdy steel construction
- Safety ring
- Includes cooking grate and spark screen
Landman 28345 is another high quality wood fire pit that you can use. It is very handy and comes with free wood pack to get your party started.
5. Blue Rhino Outdoor Propane Gas Fire Pit
Next on our best outdoor fire pit list we have another stylish outdoor propane gas fire pit. Now this unit is especially for patio, gazebo and backyard. The blue fire-glass at the center with fire flare coming out from it makes the whole unit look beautiful. Not only that, it also contains room to fit a standard propane tank.
The 30000 BTU liquid propane model provides great warmth. As the heat comes out form the gas tank, it reduces hassle to clean the unit and collect ash. So all you need to do is get a standard 20 lb propane tank, fit it properly and enjoy the warmth.
Presence of a hidden control panel makes the unit more comfortable to use. In addition, the ignition start easily starts the device. And above all, this product is budget-friendly. Thus, making it one the best fire pit with great style and design.
- 30,000 BTU liquid propane fire pit for ultimate warmth
- The twin panels conceal heat source giving the polished look to the unit
- Hidden control panel for a seamless appearance
- It is an cheap propane fire pit that you can buy under $300.
- Assembly of all the parts is hard and time consuming
- 30,000 BTU
- Twin peak side panels
- Hidden control panel
- Ignition start
- Blue glad rocks at the center
6. Sunnydaze 42 Inch Large Fire Pit with Spark Screen
Moving ahead, we have a 42 inch large fire pit from sunnydaze. This wood burning fire pit includes safety ring as well as spark screen. Safety ring gives a proper support while cooking food or toasting marshmallows. Whereas, spark screen reduces the chances of fire hazard.
The large fire-bowl have beautiful moon and star cutouts. Furthermore, these cutouts contains mesh screen behind them in order to prevent burning wood or ash falling out. Apart from that, it have a strong steel construction with high-temperature heat resistant paint. Hence, you can repaint the body and make the unit look brand new.
Lightweight of the unit makes it portable. Therefore, you can easily carry with you. Also the assembly of the parts is easy and does not require much time. And keeping fire safety in mind, you get spark screen, built-in grate strips and lifting tool free along with main unit.
- Assembling the product is very easy
- You get all necessary fire safety accessories free
- large size of the bowl can keep more persons warm
- Portable fireplace comes with safety fire screen
- Built-in grate strips to hold woods
- It gets quite rusty after many uses
- The drain hole in the bottom is not adequate to drain water from rain
- 42-inch large fire pit
- 3 legs and outer rim
- Moon and star cutouts
- Includes fire safety accessories
- Heat resistant finish
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty
7. Camp Chef Redwood Port
A budget-friendly and stylish outdoor portable propane gas fire pit is all you need during chilly weather. And to fulfill this purpose we have a stunning product from camp chef. Well this product from camp chef can run using both propane gas and natural gas.
What makes the product more interesting is the matchless ignition. Further, it also posses a fully adjustable flame-control dial. This in turn, allows you to set flame according to your wish. This feature is really helpful while roasting marshmallows or cooking hot dogs.
It comes with a lava rocks that holds heat for a longer period of time. And not to mention, but they also increase beauty of the unit. Apart from that, it features safety shut off valve. Thus, makes the whole unit safe for use.
- Comes with bulk tank fitting and longer hose
- You can also run the unit using natural gas
- Comes with a zipper carry bag which makes the product portable
- Best compact firepit for small family
- Not suitable for large space, or big backyard
- 53000 BTU heat output
- Includes 4 adjustable roasting stick
- Safety shutoff valve
- Zipper carry bag
- Beautiful lava rocks
- Propane or natural gas
8. Endless Summer GAD1401M LP Gas Outdoor Fireplace
If you’re fan of lava rocks, then here’s another outdoor propane fire pit from endless summer. This square fire pit have enough room to keep plates and glasses around it. With the heating capacity of 8.79 kW, it provides descent warmth.
Strong steel construction of the unit is weather-resistant. But in order to prevent rusting, make use of cover while the product is not in use. Otherwise, the construction is durable. Speaking about its assembly, the parts are easy to put together and does not require special tools.
- Simple and sweet design
- Comes with protective cover
- Weather-resistant steel
- It takes inordinate amount of time to ignite
- Issues with starter
- 30000 BTU heat output
- Includes lava rocks
- Comes with protective cover
- Heating capacity of 8.79 kW
- 1 year limited warranty
9. AZ Patio Heaters GS-F-PC Propane Fire Pit
Second last on out best outdoor fire pit list we have amazing product from az patio heaters. Square shape of the table will beautifully blend with your patio or gazebo. Apart from that, the battery-operated pulse ignition system instantly ignites the 40,000 BTU output. Thus, this much heat output can effectively warm up space up to 15 feet.
The beautiful glass beads at the center of the table makes the flame look attractive. One noteworthy thing about this unit is, it can run using any of the one gas, propane or butane. Thus, makes the product more flexible. Besides that, integrated piezo ignition helps to start the device fluently.
Talking about the quality of the product, it is build using high-grade materials. Also it is CSA approved. Hence, which makes product durable and safe to use.
- Great value for the price
- Best fire pit for family of 4
- Does not cost much
- Assembly of the parts requires about an hour
- Overall the product is heavy
- Paint quality can be better
- Heat output of 40000 BTU
- Square tabletop
- Ignition start
- CSA approved
- 1 year warranty
- Can run on both type of gas: propane or butane
10. Best Choice Products Hex Shaped Fire Pit
If you find regular shapes of fire pits boring then our last product have different shape from the rest in the list. This hexagonal fire pit from best choice will definitely enhance beauty of your patio or gazebo. A distressed bronze finish along with rustic lattice design will get you lot of compliments from guests.
Further, the deep and hexagonal bowl is capable of holding good amount of firewood. Also the surface of the bowl have brilliant crisscross design. This design contains spark screen behind it to prevent ash or burning wood from falling out. Apart from that, this product is budget-friendly, which makes us include it in our best outdoor fire pit reviews.
Quality materials have been used in the construction of this unit. So it will continue to give great performance for years. Besides that, it is light in weight. This features gives you freedom to relocate its position. Also you can carry it with you while camping.
- Comes with lid
- Easy to put the parts together
- Affordable price
- Issues with improper alignment of screw holes
- Need to purchase poker separately in order to remove hot lid
- Rusting starts after many uses
- Hexagonal shape of fire pit
- Durable steel construction
- Fire-retardant lid
- Spark screen behind crisscross design
So now that you have list of 10 best outdoor fire pits, let us move towards buyers guide. Below question will solve general doubts about fire pits. So please have a look in order to get perfect product to keep you warm during chilly winter days.
1. What is a pit of fire?
Traditionally during winters people use to dig a whole (pit) wide enough to start a fire. That pit was filled with burning substances such as wood, wood chunk, dried leaves, and dried grass.
Over the period of time, we created artificial fire pits with steel and other heat resistance material. Now you can lit a fire in your backyard or garden during winter to enjoy warm winter evenings.
Propane patio heaters are also another good alternative for firepits. They won’t cause the risk of fire while keeping you warm.
Types of Commercial Fire Pits
There are three different types of fire pits which you can buy from online market or walk into Lowes or Walmart.
Wood Fire Pit: You will be using wood and wood dust as a fuel to ignite the fire. People love this one because it gives them the sense of actual bonfire. You can buy wood fire pits to bring it to your picnics or arrange your own bonfire.
Gas Fire Pit: Now a days you can buy fir pit fuel from gasoline. Just fill the gas and forget about refelling like wood. It produces less smoke and you are now helping environment without compromising your party.
Propane Fire Pit:Cheap fuel like propane give it more flexibility to fire pits. They are propane powered and have automated cooling system that is safe and sound.
The major difference among them is fuel type. All those types of fire pit does the same work, produces flames. It’s up to you which fuel is most favorable to you. To know more about tips and reviews related to home improvement, keep visiting Home Stuff Pro regularly.
How Far Does A Fire Pit Have To Be Away From A House?
Safety first, your fire pit should be at least 10 feet away from your house. It prevent any unwanted accident that can lit up your entire home. If your home is filled with combustible material like curtains and wood furniture then its best you keep the pit at least 12-15 feet away from your home.
Weather is another thing you must consider before lighting an outdoor fire. Avoid using fire pits during windy days as it can carry burnt substances(embers) to your house. Avoid making DIY fire pits as you may miss out important safety points. Fire and DIY thing should not go hand in hand.
Anyhow, modern fire pits are protected and safe to use, if used with certain precautions. In case of wood pits, make sure to use the burnt wood in compost tumbler to prepare fertilizers. Moving one, We highly like it to use them during cool evenings or keep a bonfire at our backyard/garden.
homestuffpro.com is reader-supported and a part of the Amazon Affiliates Program. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read our disclosure for more information.
I like what you said about hexagonal fire pits. I think that fire features are great for summer hangouts. If I were to need such a feature for my yard, I would definitely buy some of these fire pits.