Last Updated on February 25, 2022
If you are living in an apartment or a rented house, your bathroom probably won’t come with any windows. What can you do about this woeful lack of natural light? You can install a set of fantastic LED lamps that will illuminate your bathroom properly. In case you’re wondering what to buy, we have prepared a list of the best lighting for bathroom with no windows. We have a top 10 product list, product reviews, and a comprehensive buying guide.
- 1 Best Lighting for Bathroom with No Windows for 2022 Review: Key Features, Pros, and Cons
- 1.1 1. L Lohas A19 E26 Standard LED Light Bulbs
- 1.2 2. On-For-U Flush Mount 11-inch Square Ceiling LED Light
- 1.3 3. SHINESTAR 8-Pack Bright LED Globe Lamps for Bathroom
- 1.4 4. LEDVance Sylvania Smart Light LED Bulb 4-Pack – Best for Smart Homes
- 1.5 5. LuxVista J-Type R7S J118 LED Bulbs Dimmable – Best for Heavy Duty Usage
- 1.6 6. StripLight T8/T10/T12 2FT LED Light Bulb – Best Tube Option
- 1.7 7. AL AboveLights WiFi LED Smart Bulb 2-Pack – Best for Kids’ Rooms
- 1.8 8. LANGREE Vintage LED Edison Bulb (Pack of 5) – Best for Aesthetics
- 1.9 9. C by GE Tunable White LED Light Bulbs – Best for Beauty Care Enthusiasts
- 1.10 10. Aooshine G25 LED Bulb with E26 Base (4-Pack) – Best for Vanity Mirrors
- 2 Buying Guide
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Conclusion
Best Lighting for Bathroom with No Windows for 2022 Review: Key Features, Pros, and Cons
If you don’t know where to start, then we are here to help! To make things easier for you, we have compiled a list of the 10 best lighting options that we could find online. Apart from the product names, we have also included some important specs that you need to watch out for. This table will help you to buy the best lighting for a small bathroom with no windows.
1. L Lohas A19 E26 Standard LED Light Bulbs
When it comes to buying the best lighting for bathroom with no windows, you need to choose something that is bright, power-efficient, and easy to install. We’re happy to tell you that the L Lohas LED light bulb checks all of these boxes. The E26 base is easy to install, you just need to twist it in. It has an impressive power rating of 12W. It can light up your bathroom very well with its 1200L brightness.
- Color temperature of 5000K (Daylight)
- 12W Power Rating
- 1200 Lumens brightness
- E26 standard base & A19 shape
- Compliant with FCC, ROHS, & CE
- L Lohas LED lamps are 100% eco-friendly.
- This bulb has a great power rating.
- The 5000K color temperature provides “daylight” illumination.
- It also has a brightness rating of 1200 Lumens.
- We love how the E26 base makes installation very easy.
- These bulbs aren’t waterproof – please install enclosed fixtures.
2. On-For-U Flush Mount 11-inch Square Ceiling LED Light
If your bathroom doesn’t have windows, you need a powerful LED light option to illuminate it properly. You should definitely take a look at the On-For-U LED lamp, which has a fantastic brightness rating of 2100 Lumens. It also has a 120° wide angle beam which can cover a lot of area. We love the IP54 waterproofing specification and the stylish lampshade. This is a really great ceiling lamp that you can easily install on your own.
- Color temperature of 5000K (Daylight)
- 24W Power Rating
- 2100 Lumens brightness
- 120-degree wide-angle light beam
- IP54 waterproof & easy installation
- This lamp is perfect for the bathroom because it’s IP54 waterproof.
- Its 120° wide angle beam covers a lot of area.
- The 2100L rating is great.
- It’s very easy to install.
- The 5000K color temperature gives a clean light.
- We thought that the 24W power rating needed improvement.
3. SHINESTAR 8-Pack Bright LED Globe Lamps for Bathroom
This SHINESTAR LED Lamp provides the best lighting for a small bathroom with no windows. If you’re on a budget, then you’re definitely going to love these lamps. They consume only 6W of power and they have a respectable brightness rating of 600 lumens. 2 bulbs would be perfect for any bathroom. These bulbs also have an E26 fixture and a color temperature of 5000K on offer. We were also impressed by SHINESTAR’s lifetime of 30,000 hours.
- Color temperature of 5000K (Daylight)
- 6W Power Rating
- 600 Lumens brightness
- E26 fixture for installation
- Lamp lifetime of 30,000+ hours
- SHINESTAR’s 8-pack is one of the most cost-effective options.
- The E26 fixture makes the lamps very easy to install.
- The power rating of each bulb is ONLY 6W.
- The lamp’s lifetime is 30,000 hours.
- It doesn’t flicker or buzz.
- It does not have a dimmer option.
4. LEDVance Sylvania Smart Light LED Bulb 4-Pack – Best for Smart Homes
The Sylvania LED bulbs are some of the best products that we have ever come across. We love smart appliances, and these WiFi-enabled smart bulbs are very cool. They have a CRI of 90+ and you can customize them to emit any colour that you like. You can set them up with your home’s Google or Alexa controller. You can actually control and customize them with the Sylvania app. The 800 Lumens brightness is also commendable.
- Color temperature range of 2700K to 6500K
- 9W Power Rating
- 800 Lumens brightness
- Alexa & Google control compatible
- Comes with Sylvania app
- You’ll have millions of colors to choose from.
- CRI of 90+ gives a sharp and bright light as well.
- It has a fantastic power rating of 9W.
- These lamps can be automated, timed, and controlled via an app.
- It’s very easy-to-install.
- The WiFi setup can be difficult to follow.
5. LuxVista J-Type R7S J118 LED Bulbs Dimmable – Best for Heavy Duty Usage
We were looking for some J-type LED lamps for the bathroom, and the LuxVista R7S is one of the most premium products that we came across. This lamp has a wide-angle beam of 200° and can provide 3300L worth of brightness. This is a dimmable LED lamp, which is perfect for using in the bathroom. This lamp also has a CRI of 80 and moreand can provide your bathroom with solid and dependable illumination.
- Color temperature of 6000K
- 30W Power Rating
- 3300 Lumens brightness
- Fit with 64 high brightness 5730 SMD
- 200° wide angle beam
- The 200° wide angle beam is perfect for large bathrooms.
- 3300L LED lamps are very heavy duty.
- The 6000K color temperature is crisp, bright, and strong.
- Enclosed 5730 SMD are durable.
- LuxVista’s lamps are energy-saving and easy to install.
- The dimming fixture is difficult to find.
6. StripLight T8/T10/T12 2FT LED Light Bulb – Best Tube Option
If you’re looking for the best tubelight, then we’d recommend the Striplight 2FT LED light bulb. It can provide consistent color temperatures of 5000K, a brightness of 1120L, and it also has a lifetime of 50,000 hours. These lamps are compatible with 3 kinds of fixtures and are very easily installed. It has a power rating of 8W, so we think you can easily save more than 80% of your power.
- Color temperature of 5000K
- 8W Power Rating
- 1120 Lumens brightness
- Compatible with T8, T10 & T12 fixtures
- Lamp lifetime of 50,000 hours
- The 1120 Lumens brightness comes from a 8W power rating.
- 50,000+ hours lamp lifetime is very good.
- StripLight is compatible with T8, T10 and T12 fixtures.
- You can save 80% of your power.
- The risk of breakage is almost nil.
- The frosted cover of this lamp makes the light dim.
7. AL AboveLights WiFi LED Smart Bulb 2-Pack – Best for Kids’ Rooms
With a 810L brightness and over 16 million colors, the AL Wi-Fi AboveLights can be regarded as one of the best options available in the market. We wanted a perfect lighting arrangement for the kids’ room that connects with Wi-Fi, and we got this one. The light comes with a timer, and we absolutely loved its easy-to-install nature. Also, we found out that it was compatible with Echo, Alexa, Google Home, and Siri, which is literally the ‘icing on the cake.’
- Compatible with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi
- Works with Siri, Alexa, Echo, & Google Home
- 810L brightness
- 16 million colors to choose from
- 9W power rating
- You have more than 16 million colors to choose from!
- These smart bulbs can be controlled via voice commands.
- You can set it up with your home wi-fi.
- They come with an amazing timer.
- This is very easy to install.
- The bulbs take a lot of time connecting to Siri.
8. LANGREE Vintage LED Edison Bulb (Pack of 5) – Best for Aesthetics
These Vintage Edison LED bulbs provide the best lighting for a small bathroom with no windows. If you want an aesthetic lighting option that can pack in a lot of power, then these are the best choices. They draw only 6W of power, but they can provide you with 700L of brightness. Each bulb has an aesthetic vintage design and a lifespan of 20,000 hours. Installing it is also very easy.
- Color temperature of 4000K
- 6W Power Rating
- 700 Lumens brightness
- CRI of 95 and more
- 280° field of beam
- You can enjoy stable and stress-free illumination with this 95+ CRI lamp.
- The aesthetic and vintage appearance is perfect for your private bathroom.
- It will save you 85% of your power.
- Lamp lifetime of 20,000 hours.
- E26 sockets are easy to install.
- The cool white light is not ideal for lots of people.
9. C by GE Tunable White LED Light Bulbs – Best for Beauty Care Enthusiasts
We were looking for smart LED lamps that can be used in the bathroom, and we think that the C by GE Tunable White LED Lamp is one of the best choices. If you take your skincare and beauty regimen seriously, then the dual color temperature option will be perfect for you. These smart LED lamps can actually be directly controlled via an app or by using Alexa/Siri.
- Dual color temperature of 2700K & 7000K
- Connect directly with Wi-Fi
- Can be voice-controlled
- Can be controlled via app
- Power rating of 9.5W
- Beauty & makeup fans will love the dual color temperature.
- The power rating of 9.5W is impressive.
- These smart lamps can be fully automated and controlled via Alexa, Siri, etc.
- They use 84% less power.
- C by GE is also very easy to install.
- Installing multiple bulbs on one network is rather complicated.
10. Aooshine G25 LED Bulb with E26 Base (4-Pack) – Best for Vanity Mirrors
The Aooshine G25 LED bulbs provide the best lighting for bathroom with no windows. If you have a vanity mirror and a lack of natural light, then this bulb is the best choice for you. It has a color temperature of 2700K, which provides a cozy warm light. Incidentally, this is also the best tone for doing makeup. Moreover, it has a power rating of only 5 Watts.
- Color temperature of 2700K
- Power rating of 5W
- 500 Lumens of brightness
- E26 screw base for easy installation
- 50,000+ hours lifetime
- The warm white color temperature is ideal for makeup and skincare.
- 5W power rating uses 95% less energy.
- It has a high CRI value which provides a vivid and stable light.
- 500 lumens of brightness is ideal for vanity mirrors.
- They’re very easy to install.
- The Aooshine’s brightness is not enough for standard bathroom illumination.
Are you new to buying the best lighting for bathroom with no windows? To help you make a good decision while you are shopping, we’ve come up with a fairly comprehensive buying guide. Before you embark on a shopping spree online or offline, take some time to read this through.
Color of the Light
What kind of color/brightness are you looking for in your bathroom? Do you want a daylight color or do you want something cozier and warmer? The LuxVista J-Type LED lamp is great for a bright 6000K light. If you’re interested in a cozy 2700K light, the Aooshine G25 is a great choice. If you want both, then the “C by GE” bulbs are just perfect.
Power Rating of the Bulb
If you get an LED lamp, you’ll save a lot of money on your power bill. The Shinestar and the Langree LED lamps have a very small power rating of only 5-6W. If you can afford to splurge a little on your bill, then you can try out the On-For-U Flush Mount ceiling LED lamp.
Smart Bulbs & Remote Bulbs
Right now, we like to recommend everyone to make the switch to smart bulbs. C by GE, AL AboveLight, & LEDVance Sylvania are some of the best smart bulbs that we’ve seen. You can set these up using your home WiFi and connect them remotely. You can also connect and control them using voice commands and apps.
Brightness & Lifetime of the Lamp
Lastly, we’d recommend you to pick a lamp that has the brightness level that you’re going for. This will actually depend on what you have in mind. The LuxVista J-Type LED is ideal if you want some heavy-duty brightness for your bathroom. You also need to think about the average lifetime of bathroom lamps.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you brighten a bathroom with no windows?
The best way to brighten a bathroom with no windows is to install a powerful LED lamp/lamps in it. Use the L Lohas standard LED light bulbs if you want the best lighting for small bathroom with no windows.
How many lumens do I need for a windowless bathroom?
You are going to need at least 1500-2000 lumens if your bathroom has no windows. We think that the best course of action is to install 2-3 LED lamps.
What color LED light is best for a bathroom?
This will depend on your needs, but most people are comfortable in the 5000-7000K range. If you want a softer color, then you can look for bulbs that offer lighting in the 2700-4000K range. The C by GE tunable lamps offer both of these colors.
Are Smart LED lamps worth it?
They might seem like a costly investment, but we can assure you that smart LED lamps are worth it. Your home life is going to be significantly more entertaining and comfortable with them.
This is basically all of the information that you will need if you are interested in buying the best lighting for bathroom with no windows. Go through our top 10 list and the buying guide, so that you know what features and specifications you need to look for while shopping
homestuffpro.com is reader-supported and a part of the Amazon Affiliates Program. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read our disclosure for more information.