Last Updated on February 25, 2022
The ideal way to keep yourself cool during the hot summer months without racking up the power bill is to get the best high velocity fan. The right model can give you 4-5 years of service and can also save thousands of dollars in the form of monthly power bills. If you struggle with insomnia, the white noise and soft airflow of a tower fan can actually help you sleep. What’s more, the right fan can help with ventilation too. Here are the 10 best high velocity fans of 2022.
- 1 The Best High Velocity Fan for 2022 Review: Key Features, Pros, and Cons
- 1.1 1. Lasko U35115 Oscillating High Velocity Tower Fan
- 1.2 2. Master Professional MAC-24P-EP High Velocity Pedestal Fan
- 1.3 3. Comfort Zone High Velocity 3-Speed Cradle Fan
- 1.4 4. Hurricane Pro Series Wall & Floor 16” Fan – Most Versatile
- 1.5 5. Geek Aire Outdoor High Velocity Fan – Best for Outdoors
- 1.6 6. Hurricane Pro Series 20” Stand Fan – Best for Homes
- 1.7 7. Tornado Heavy-Duty Drum Floor Fan – Best for Industrial Use
- 1.8 8. Aikoper Oscillating High Velocity Tower Fan – Best for Kids
- 1.9 9. Lasko High Velocity Wall Mount Fan – Best Wall Model
- 1.10 10. Dr. Prepare Tower & Oscillating High Velocity Fan – Best Design
- 2 Buying Guide
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Conclusion
The Best High Velocity Fan for 2022 Review: Key Features, Pros, and Cons
Here are our top 10 recommendations that you should check out if you want to buy the best high velocity standing fan for your home. We’ve also got you covered in case you want something else, such as a wall mounted model or a floor fan. Check out our recommendations and reviews so that you can find the perfect product.
1. Lasko U35115 Oscillating High Velocity Tower Fan
The Lasko U35115 is a high-velocity tower fan, and it impressed us with its airflow, high speed, and performance. It has a powerful motor and a sleek design, which allows it to provide users with 25% higher air velocity. The louvered airflow control makes it a very user-friendly model. It is very easy to control and also comes with a fantastic electronic auto-timer. It’s the best high velocity fan that you can buy online.
- 25% higher air velocity
- 3 powerful speed settings
- Louvered airflow control & side-to-side oscillation
- Multi-function remote control unit
- ETL Blue Plug safety fuse technology
- Lasko’s tower fan has directional louvers that deliver precise airflow.
- The powerful Lasko motor provides 25% faster air velocity.
- Blue Plug safety fuse technology helps prevent accidents and injury.
- It’s incredibly easy-to-use and it also has an electric auto-timer.
- The high power mode is too noisy for sleeping.
2. Master Professional MAC-24P-EP High Velocity Pedestal Fan
The Master Professional is the best high-velocity standing fan for the home or office. With a 0.33 HP electric motor, this amazing fan can provide you with a comfortable and cool experience. In fact, the MAC-24P-EP is rated to provide 3900 CFM at most. Apart from all this, it has 4 speed settings and large fan size. You can also adjust the height, speed, oscillation, etc. easily.
- Large 24” fan size
- 0.33 HP electric oscillating motor
- 4 variable speed settings
- OSHA-compliant safety features
- Guaranteed airflow of up to 3900 CFM
- The 24-inch fans can provide you with a very good cooling performance.
- The 0.33 HP electric motor can provide 3900 CFM of airflow.
- Master Professional has 4 speed settings and OSHA-compliant safety features also.
- The 360° rotation is a very convenient feature.
- The base is large and not great for tight spaces.
3. Comfort Zone High Velocity 3-Speed Cradle Fan
The Comfort Zone is a floor cradle fan with a very unique design. We were very impressed with its 180° adjustable vertical tilt feature, which will let you get quality airflow in tight spaces. This is the ideal choice if you’re looking for something that is cheap and low maintenance. It has an all-metal frame, 3 speed settings, and rubber stands. It is also 100% free of all vibration.
- Compact 12” fan size
- All metal cage with rubber stands
- 3 variable speed settings
- 100% free of vibration
- 180° adjustable vertical tilt feature
- This 12” fan is ideal for small to medium rooms and vehicles.
- The 180° adjustable vertical tilt feature can provide a very strong airflow.
- The all-metal frame is sturdy and 100% vibration-free.
- It’s quiet and doesn’t make a lot of noise.
- The bolts on the tilt need to be tightened regularly.
4. Hurricane Pro Series Wall & Floor 16” Fan – Most Versatile
We are huge fans of the Hurricane brand, and their Pro wall and floor fan is one of the best high-velocity fans that you’ll find. With a working speed of 1400 RPM and a heavy-duty motor, this fan can generate a whopping 3800 CFM of airflow. The 16” blades are also coupled with a 360° orbital gear technology, allowing it to provide full-circle oscillation and be easily positioned.
- Orbital 16” wall & floor fan
- 360° orbital gear technology
- 3 variable speed settings
- 3800 CFM for 16”
- Industrial motor for heavy-duty usage
- Hurricane’s 360° orbital gear technology provides high-quality airflow very easily.
- The industrial motor keeps the fan running at an amazing 1400 RPM.
- It can generate more than 3800 CFM of airflow with ease.
- It can be wall-mounted and placed on the floor.
- The model tends to leak oil from time to time.
5. Geek Aire Outdoor High Velocity Fan – Best for Outdoors
Geek Aire is one of our favorite brands and this is the best high velocity fan that you can find for outdoor use. First of all, it has a rechargeable and built-in 7800mAh battery that can provide 24 hours of use. It also has a brushless DC motor that can provide extremely high performance while making very little noise. The 10-inch blades can provide a healthy 1300 CFM airflow.
- In-built rechargeable 7800mAh battery
- Curved groove for noise reduction
- 1300 CFM of airflow
- Portable and waterproof design for outdoor use
- Brushless DC motor
- Geek Aire’s massive 7800mAh battery provides 24 hours of continuous use.
- The tiny 10” blades can generate 1300 CFM of airflow.
- Its brushless DC motor is powerful, quiet, and energy-efficient.
- The fan is waterproof and portable – making it the perfect choice for outdoor use.
- Charging the Geek Aire 10” fan can be somewhat time-consuming.
6. Hurricane Pro Series 20” Stand Fan – Best for Homes
If you want something powerful for the living room that will keep you cool during the sweltering summer months, you can’t do any better than the Hurricane Pro Series. This is the best high-velocity standing fan for the home, and it also happens to be one of Hurricane’s best products. It can provide 4500 CFM of airflow, and the 20” blades also come with adjustable tilt, height, and speed.
- 20” aluminum fan blades
- All metal frame and weighted base
- 4500 CFM of airflow
- Adjustable height with oscillation control.
- Adjustable tilt and speed
- The adjustable height and tilt provide a very comfortable experience.
- Hurricane Pro’s huge 20” blades generate 4500 CFM of airflow.
- The aluminum blades are coupled with a weighted all-metal frame.
- It consumes only 145W of power even when it’s on high mode.
- The oscillation movement of the pedestal fan is rather jerky.
7. Tornado Heavy-Duty Drum Floor Fan – Best for Industrial Use
If you’re looking for a high-velocity fan to ventilate your garage, workshop, warehouse, etc. then this is the best choice for you. This 24” drum floor fan can give you 7800 CFM of airflow at a very quiet 100db of noise. It’s easily portable and also comes with an 8’ power cord. What’s more, is that this Tornado high-velocity fan comes with UL certification – which is really great!
- 24” aluminum fan blades
- Drum fan for heavy-duty use
- 7800 CFM of airflow
- Very low noise level (100db)
- Portable & 8’ power cord
- The Tornado heavy-duty drum fan can provide 7800 CFM of airflow.
- This is a powerful fan that’s best for industrial use.
- Its aluminum fan blades operate at a low noise level too.
- The product is a UL-certified product with a full 360° tilt.
- Using the Tornado at a stretch makes it heat up.
8. Aikoper Oscillating High Velocity Tower Fan – Best for Kids
The Aikoper tower fan is the best choice for a nursery or a kid’s room. It comes with an already installed guard which will protect your kids from the blades. Apart from this, the fan comes with a full 60° wide-angle and curve tilt for better ventilation. It can be easily controlled with a remote and comes with an in-built timer. It also has an intelligent power-off memory function.
- Protective fan guard for kids
- 3 powerful speed settings
- 60° wide-angle & curve tilt
- Multi-function remote control unit
- Timer and power off memory
- It has a 7-hour timer that regulates the fan usage.
- Its in-built power-off memory function saves all the user settings.
- The Aikoper tower fan is very, very quiet at 40db.
- Aikoper is no-screw, safe, and very easy to assemble for kids.
- We wish that the Aikoper had a longer cable.
9. Lasko High Velocity Wall Mount Fan – Best Wall Model
A wall-mounted fan is a great way to provide your room with proper ventilation and airflow. This is a powerful fan with 20” blades that can provide 3460 CFM of airflow. The frame of the fan is made of tubular steel, which is tough and durable. It comes with 3 speed settings and rubber pads to protect your surfaces. The QuickMount bracket converts from floor to wall very quickly.
- Tubular steel frame for stability
- 3 powerful speed settings
- QuickMount floor to wall bracket
- 3460 CFM of airflow
- Rubber pads for high portability
- Lasko’s QuickMount bracket converts from wall to floor very quickly.
- The 20-inch fan blades can provide you with 3460 CFM of airflow.
- Its tubular steel frame is durable, lightweight, and portable.
- The rubber pads make it easy to use on different surfaces.
- Lasko’s wall fan is rather loud, but it works well.
10. Dr. Prepare Tower & Oscillating High Velocity Fan – Best Design
This is the best high velocity fan in terms of design, and we think that the Dr. Prepare is ideal for personal use. If you want a fan to keep you comfy in your apartment or dorm room, then this is a great choice. It has a 110° oscillation as well as 12” dual fans – which maximize the total airflow. Last of all, it has 3 variable speeds and timers.
- 12” dual fans for maximum airflow
- Tower design for easy installation
- 110° oscillation & swing
- 3 speed and timer options
- Noise level of 60db
- This 12” tower fan comes with efficient and powerful 12” dual blades.
- It has a 110° oscillator for effective personal cooling.
- The 3 auto-shutdown timer settings which help with power conservation.
- Dr. Prepare’s fan has a whisper-quiet noise level of only 60db.
- It would’ve been better if it came with remote controls.
If you want to pick the best high velocity fan for your home, then here are some pointers that you need to keep in mind. These are some important factors that will help you to make a good choice. Shortlisting is very important, given the immense range of available products.
Type of Fan
Fans are basically of 4 types – floor, wall mount, tower, and pedestal. The choice of type will obviously depend on your living conditions and preferences. We recommend the Dr. Prepare fan if you want something for personal use. If you want the best high-velocity standing fan for the home, Hurricane Pro and Master Premium are great.
The best way to measure the ventilation power of a fan is to check its CFM rating. CFM stands for Cubic Feet per Minute. The larger the CFM of the fan, the better its performance is. Most of the Hurricane Pro models have a CFM rating of 3600-4500. Heavy-duty industrial models like the Tornado Drum have even higher ratings, such as 7800 CFM.
Oscillation & Tilt Angle
The oscillation and tilt angles of the fan you buy are also important, as this decides how well the air is transferred and distributed in the room. If you want 360° oscillation, then you should check out models like Hurricane Pro, Lasko, and the Geek Aire. The tilt angle is also very important, especially when you’re using wall-mounted or floor fans.
Range of Usage
Lastly, we’d advise you to choose a tower fan if you want something quiet and comfortable for your personal use. If you want something to keep you comfy while you’re outdoors, then the Geek Aire is a great choice. For regular around-the-house and daily use, the Hurricane Pro and Lasko fans are the best choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What’s the difference between a regular fan and a high-velocity fan?
A high-velocity fan is designed to provide better airflow. The RPM of high-velocity models is much higher, which is why their CFM rating is also large.
Q: What is the quietest high-velocity fan?
The Dr. Premium and Lasko U35115 tower fans are the quietest high-velocity fans in the market. They have an ambient noise level of only 60db, which is ideal for white noise purposes.
Q: Are high-velocity fans noisy?
Pedestal and wall-mounted fans tend to be noisy in general. However, modern fans like the Lasko, Hurricane Pro, and the Tornado are designed to operate at low noise levels (ranging from 100 to 120 db).
This is all the information that you’ll need to pick the best high velocity fan. If you make the right choice, you and your loved ones will be able to stay comfy during the summer. The right fan can also save you a lot of money by reducing power bills.
homestuffpro.com is reader-supported and a part of the Amazon Affiliates Program. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read our disclosure for more information.