Are you looking for a budget gas grill? A $300 cap is a good price to buy some of the best units by top grill brands.
Let’s not make our summer and (indoor winter) boring! Do you love to barbeque? Then let Home Stuff Pro help you find the best gas grill under $300.
The best thing about summers is you have a lot of things to do. And one such thing among them is showing off your grilling techniques. Let us agree with the fact that no matter how hard we try we cannot resist ourselves from grilled food.
But is excellent grilling skills enough to make the perfect dish? Obviously no. Having a good grill is an important thing along with brilliant grilling skills. And if you’re looking for a good gas grill, then my friend you’re at the right place.
Stay with me! Let me explain…
Before beginning our best gas grill reviews for under 300, Why don’t we bust some common myths.
Many buyers often believe that performance of grill is directly related to its cost. So more expensive a gas grill is, more accurately will it cook. Well, this is not really necessary.
There are many cheap gas grills that are as good as expensive ones. Though you might not get all of the features but buying a gas grill under $300 comes with most of the features you need for perfect grilling.[amazon table=”3719″]
- 1 Top Gas Grills Under 300 – Table
- 2 1. Best Overall – Blackstone 4-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 3 2. Char-Broil Performance 300 Review – Best 2-Burner Gas Grill For Small Spaces
- 4 3. Monument Grills 4-Burner Propane Gas Grill with USB Light
- 5 4. Cuisinart CGG-7400 4-Burner Gas Grill Review – Heavy Duty Steel Frame All Under $300
- 6 5. Megamaster 720-0983 Propane Gas Grill – 6 Burners Propane Grill
- 7 6. Weber 51010001 Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill – Best Selling Portable Grill
- 8 7. Smoke Hollow TableTop Propane Gas Grill Review – Perfect for Tailgating, Camping or Any Outdoor BBQ Event
- 9 8. Char-Broil Classic 280 Review – Cart Styled Best Gas Grill Under $300 2020
- 10 9. Cuisinart CGG-180T Review – Good Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill
Top Gas Grills Under 300 – Table
|Grill Model||Burner||BTU||Cooking Area||Price|
|Blackstone 36 inch||4 Burner||60,000 BTU||720 sq. Inches|
|Char-Broil 300||2 Burner||24,000 BTU||400 Sq. Inches|
|Monument Grills||4 Burner||60,000 BTU||723 Sq. Inches|
|Cuisinart CGG-7400||4 Burner||44,000 BTU||610 Sq. Inches|
|Megamaster 720-0983||6 Burner||54,000 BTU||753 Sq. Inches|
|Weber 51010001||1 Burner||8,500 BTU||189 Sq. Inches|
|Smoke Hollow 205||U" Burner||10,000 BTU||310 Sq. Inches|
|Char-Broil Classic||2 Burner + 1 Side||28,000 BTU||280 Sq. Inches|
|Cuisinart CGG-180T||Single Burner||5,500 BTU||145 Sq. Inches|
1. Best Overall – Blackstone 4-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill[amazon box=”B078HFRNPQ” title=”4-burner Propane Fueled Gass Grill…”]
The large cooking surface of Blackstone 36-inch outdoor grill is perfect to cook for large groups or parties. And if you’re a grilling enthusiast then this might be the best gas grill under 300. With 720 square inches of cooking area, you can cook and grill a variety of food at once. Thanks to its 4 solid stainless steel burners that allows you to set 4 different cooking zones. Hence, gives you ultimate versatility to cook any meal you desire.
Cooking for a single person? Don’t worry you do not have to lit all the 4 burners of the gas grill. The 4 adjustable burners make it possible to use just 1 or 2 burners when cooking for a single person. This, in turn, saves a lot of gas as well as prevents burning of surfaces that are not in use.
Electric push button igniters save time by starting the unit in seconds. Just a simple push of a button is all you need to do to start the griddle. Moreover, the 4 industrial strength, caster wheels provide easy movement from place to place. And in order to lock the unit in place, this Blackstone gas grill provides with 2 locking caster. Simply push the locks down with your foot to keep the unit firmly in place.
The unit has 4 controllable heat zones each having 15,000 BTU stainless steel burner. A combined 60,000 BTU burners which you can control for a versatile cooking option. Having this unit will give a satisfying BBQ experience.
Side shelf of this barbecue outdoor gas grill is what makes it worth the money. This side shelf provides a user with a removable cutting board so that you can cut food conveniently. Further, it comprises of a paper towel holder and a place to hang a trash bag. Whereas, a rear grease management system allows you to collect grease coming out from food in one place. This way you do not have to give more time in the cleaning of the grill after grilling.
- 4 burners
- 720 sq inch of cooking surface
- Total 60000 BTU’s
- Fold-up legs
- Electric igniter
- 2 cantilevered shelves
- Built-in grease catcher
- 1-year warranty
- It is the best to cook breakfast, lunch or dinner for large families or parties
- You can control all the 4 heat zones independently so that your food does not burn
- Built-in grease catcher allows you to collect excess oil and grease in one place
- You have the option to turn on any 1 burner in case you’re cooking for a single person or two
- Hooks on side of the barbecue grill allows you to conveniently hang a garbage bag
- A paper towel holder helps in better oiling on the cooking surface as well as eases clean up
- The weight of the unit is quite heavy to handle alone
2. Char-Broil Performance 300 Review – Best 2-Burner Gas Grill For Small Spaces[amazon box=”B01HID4Y7Q” title=”Char-Broil Performance Propane Gas Grill…”]
Grilling becomes more fun if a unit is both, stylish and durable. And having the same features we have this Charbroil gas grill that too under budget. But don’t let the stylish exterior of the product confuse you with its capability. The char-broil barbecue grill comprises of 2 burners that deliver 24000 BTU’s of heat across 300 sq inch of cooking surface. You can even control heating temperature from high to low and vice versa with a temperature control knob.
Char broil’s porcelain-coated cast iron grates are rust-resistant as well as prevents sticking of food. This ultimately improves your grilling session and eases clean up afterward. In addition, you get ample space to cook up to 16 burgers a once in the primary cooking area. While 100 sq inch of swing-away warming rack provides a secondary cooking area. This rack is ideal for sides or toasting buns. No doubt why it also falls under the best-rated gas grills under $300.
In spite of the unit being a 2 burner gas grilling unit, it is compact in size for easy storage. Thanks to its two metal side shelves that fold easily after use. You can make use of these shelves for preparing, chopping or garnishing of food. Whereas, a cabinet-style offers convenient access to the storage area and keeps propane tank out of sight.
Char-broil propane grill comprises of an in-built temperature gauge present on top of the lid. This gauge informs you about the temperature inside the chamber so that your dish comes out perfect. Furthermore, it features a removable grease pan that collects oil and grease releasing from food. Simply detach the pan from the unit in order to throw away grease. Thus, all of its features make it one of the best propane gas grills under $300.
- 2-burner cabinet gas grill
- 300 sq inch of primary cooking area
- 100 sq inch of warming rack(secondary cooking area)
- Electronic ignition system
- 2 metal side shelves
- Lid-mounted temperature gauge
- Removable grease tray
- Attractive look of the product goes well in your backyard
- The stainless steel construction of grill lid and UFC are capable of standing up to tough weather
- You can place food items such as buns, vegetables, etc in warming rack to toast them perfectly
- Cast iron cooking grates are rust-resistant as well as prevent sticking of food
- You can fold up metal side shelves when not in use to store the unit conveniently in small space
- A lid-mounted gauge lets you know about the current temperature inside the cooking chamber
- No provision for hanging trash bags
- Assembly of the unit is a bit time consuming but you will be able to do it with the help of the instruction manual
3. Monument Grills 4-Burner Propane Gas Grill with USB Light
Monument grills 4 burner propane gas grill is a perfect solution for summer grilling blues. You get plenty of cooking surface for grilling, barbecuing food for a bunch of people. And if you love to throw summer parties then this unit is just perfect. With 513 square inches of primary cooking area, you can cook a variety of food at once. Whereas, 210 sq inch of secondary cooking area is perfect for toasting veggies, buns and sides. In short, it is best propane grill for events like getting together or tailgating.
The rugged stainless steel construction of this barbecue unit is meant to last for years. Thus, you can use it worry free all the summer to make a variety of dishes. Apart from providing with basic cooking surface and warming rack, it offers a side burner. This side burner is useful in the initial cooking process of a certain type of food. Once they are partially cooked, you can place them directly onto the primary cooking surface. This way you save a lot of time that you could probably spend with your loved ones.
Blue led light on all the knobs enhances the beauty of the propane gas grill. Whereas a built-in thermometer lets, you know about the temperature inside the chamber. This way you get more control over the cooking process that ultimately helps you make the best tasting dish ever.
Propane tank compatibility of product eliminates the need to deal with those hard-to-light charcoal. In fact, it provides you with a pilotless ignition to start the burners without any hassle. Lastly, smooth-rolling casters are helpful in transporting the unit from one place to another. And lock 2 rear casters to make the product stand firmly in place.
- 4 burners
- 60000 BTU’s
- 513 sq inch of primary cooking area
- 210 sq inch of secondary cooking area
- 1 side burner
- LED light on all knobs
- Pilotless ignition
- Built-in thermometer
- Blue led lights on knobs make the whole unit look beautiful
- The side burner is beneficial in the initial cooking of some foods so that you don’t have to visit the kitchen repeatedly
- Warming rack effectively toasts up veggies, fruits, and buns
- Temperature gauge reads up to 500 degrees F in minutes after turning the unit on
- Even temperature cooks the food well as well gives beautiful sear marks on meat
- Assembling all the parts together is a breeze
- Led lights are not much useful in bright daylight
- Cleaning up the product needs a good amount of time
4. Cuisinart CGG-7400 4-Burner Gas Grill Review – Heavy Duty Steel Frame All Under $300[amazon box=”B074QQW4PC” title=”Cuisinart Gas Grill – 4 Burner…”]
Sear mark on food is not only beautiful to look but they are also capable of boosting our appetite. So we have Cuisinart gas grill CGG-7400 that will give perfect grill marks on all your meat, vegetables, burgers, etc. Credit goes to its generous cast iron cooking grates that retain heat for a longer period of time. In addition, they help to spread the heat more evenly than a wire grate. As a result, you will end up having perfectly grilled food having beautiful sear marks on it.
Like many other models, this unit also features a warming rack. This rack is great in keeping veggies, hamburgers, hot dog buns and other bread warm. Other than that, Cuisinart comprises of 2 side tables wherein you can place seasoning and grilling tools. While a removable drip tray catches all the grease coming out from meat and vegetables.
An accurate thermometer on the lid helps prevent overcooking or burning of foods like chicken and turkey. For controlling temperature, Cuisinart gas grill provides a separate knob for each burner. Together both the functions help in making your favorite dish just perfect. Apart from that, you do not need to look for matches or lighter in order to start the unit. Each burner lights independently with a simple twist of the control knob. This single control over each burner saves a lot of gas.
Cuisinart’s smooth rolling wheels is what makes it a portable grill. Unlike wheels on front and the rear side, cgg-7400 have wheels on the rear side only. So if you wish to move it, you need to raise it slightly and then push forward. Moreover, the cover, fascia, control knobs, and burners are made of stainless steel so they won’t rust easily. Conclusively it is another good option if you are looking to buy a portable propane gas grill.
- 4 burners
- 44000 BTU’s
- Total of 610 sq inch cooking space
- 167 sq inch additional space
- Twist-start ignition
- Built-in thermometer
- 2 side tables
- Built-in bottle opener
- Stainless steel construction will last for many years without premature rusting
- Each knob of 4 burners lights independently as well as gives accurate control over flame
- Open beer or any of your favorite beverage using the unit’s in-built bottle opener
- A thermometer on lid displays precise temperature so that you don’t under-cook or overcook food
- Tables on both the sides of the barbecue grill provide ample space to place seasoning ingredients and serving dishes
- With Cuisinart cgg-7400 it is possible to keep the temperature in one area warm while another being sizzling hot
- Only 2 rear wheels and bit heavy weight of product might not be easy for everyone to move
- Assembling the product needs patience and a good amount of time
- Side shelves do not fold down for storage
5. Megamaster 720-0983 Propane Gas Grill – 6 Burners Propane Grill[amazon box=”B079KPDS1Z” title=”6 Burner Propane Gas Grill By Megamaster…”]
Megamaster 720-0983 grill comprises of 6 burners with each burner having 9000 BTU’s. And with a total cooking space of 753 sq. inches, you can prepare any outdoor feast without the need of cooking in multiple batches.
It is indeed very simple to fire up the 6 stainless steel burners. Simple turn on the propane tank knob, twist the burner knob and push the electronic ignition. And there you go, ready to place all your favorite items on the grill. In addition, precise heat control allows you to alter heating temperature. This way you can cook more than one food items at the same time. Plus there’s always a warming rack that is perfect to keep cooked food warm and toasty.
One different feature of this propane grill is the design of its cart. The cart with tank hole and tank lock holds the propane tank firmly in place. You are left with space even after placing a propane tank. This space is good enough to store all your grilling tools and serving dishes. But let us not forget about its 13-inch oversized shelves on each side. Large space of these side shelves can store the big size of dishes, seasoning ingredients, etc.
Thanks to its 0.6mm porcelain flame tamers that helps in distributing the heat evenly throughout the surface. Whereas, 7mm cast iron grids gives beautiful sear marks on meat and other food.
- 6 burners
- Total 54000 BTU
- 543 sq inch primary cooking space
- 210 sq inch warming rack
- Electronic ignition
- 13-inch side tables
- Built-in thermometer
- Tank hole
- 1-year warranty
- For a price of less than $300, it is one of the best units to cook meals for a large number of people, perfect for hosting outdoor barbeque get together
- Upper-level rack is perfect for keeping your food warm and toasty
- You can cook a bunch of burger patties all at once because of its large space
- Special hole and lock for propane tank firmly holds it in into place
- In spite of having 6 burners, it is very easy to fit everything together
- The unit heats up quickly and stays at a steady temperature so that food cooks evenly
- Storage of the unit is a bit difficult due to its big size (Not downside thou, but still can be frustrating sometimes)
- Oversized side shelves do not fold down
- Design of warming rack could be better
- The cleaning process is time-consuming, again because of its big size
6. Weber 51010001 Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill – Best Selling Portable Grill[amazon box=”B00RFXS1Z6″ title=”Weber Compact Gas Grill…”]
Can’t compromise on grilled food even while you’re out camping or during a similar outdoor activity? Not to worry as this portable gas grill will be your perfect partner during such events. The small size of Weber q1200 is easy to store in your truck’s trunk. While 29.1 lb weight of the unit makes it easy to shift from one place to another all by yourself. Even though the size of the product is small, it can fit enough food to feed 2-3 persons.
Weber gas grill Q1200 comes in more than one color so that you don’t have to settle for black color only. In fact, you get 7 different color choices apart from black that too under 300 dollars. Not to mention but we love to work with models that have our favorite color. Besides that, the unit comprises only one stainless steel burner due to its compact size. But in spite of being a single burner, it does produce 8500 BTU-per-hour. And this much heat is enough to make food items that do not take too much time to cook.
Cast aluminum lid and body of the unit are the reason behind its sturdiness. However, you need to cover product when not in use as aluminum is more prone to rusting than steel. But that is not a major issue as the small size gas grill is very easy to cover. In fact, you can easily move it under a shelter when not in use.
Just like other big models on our best gas grill under 300 reviews, Weber also comprises of a grease management system. This system consists of an angled tray and a catch pan. The grease tray rests beneath cook box at a safe distance from burner tubes to prevent grease from catching fire. As a result, Weber gas grill effectively does both the task of catching grease and reduce chances of a fire hazard.
- Single burner
- 8500 BTU-per-hour
- 189 sq inch cooking area
- Cast aluminum lid and body
- Electronic ignition
- Fold-out side tables
- Built-in thermometer
- This mini grill is excellent for camping, picnics, RV’s etc
- The shape of the cook box in combination with shroud allows for proper circulation of heat around food for even cooking
- Steel cooking grates are durable as well as easy to clean. They even leave beautiful sear marks on meat
- The burner valve has infinite control setting so that you can fine-tune heat levels
- Both the grease tray and catch pan are easy to remove and clean
- You get a total of 8 different color options
- Single burner only (Not a downside if you are looking for it)
- The gap on sides after folding tables is too large
7. Smoke Hollow TableTop Propane Gas Grill Review – Perfect for Tailgating, Camping or Any Outdoor BBQ Event[amazon box=”B00ENJRK3E” title=”Smoke Hollow TableTop Gas Grill…”]
This small gas grill under $300 by Smoke Hollow features both, primary and secondary cooking area. While the primary area is great for grilling food, warming rack is best for toasting buns, veggies, etc. Moreover, the light weight of the product is what makes it portable. And besides being lightweight it has a compact design along with folding legs. These foldable legs keep the unit little above from tabletop to prevent overheating of the table surface.
Smoke hollow 205 feature locking lid and a large front carry handle for easy transportation. Other than that, you can run this portable gas grill using either of the 2 ways, one is by making use of disposable 1-pound propane cylinders or by using a regular propane tank. However, in the case you wish to use a propane tank, you will need to buy a propane hose adapter. Whereas, you can easily buy a 16 oz disposable LP bottle and directly attach it on the side.
Stainless steel construction is long-lasting as well as easy to clean. And similar to almost every product on our review list this portable gas grill also features a push-button ignition. Simply turn on the knob present on the right-hand side and push the button. And you’re ready to cook delicious meals and toast some buns.
An in-built temperature gauge displays temperature inside the cooking chamber. Whereas a stainless steel drip tray collects all the grease coming out from food. This drip tray is extremely easy to remove in order to wash it.
- Stainless steel “U” burner
- 10000 BTU’s
- 205 sq inch primary cooking area
- 105 sq inch warming rack
- Removable drip tray
- Temperature gauge
- Fold-able legs
- Locking Lid
- Compact design with locking lid and folding legs is responsible for the unit’s portability
- You can make use of small propane bottle or regular propane tank
- Large front carry handle makes the grill very portable and easy to transport or store
- Grease pan collects excessive oil and grease coming out from food
- You can either place the unit on the ground or on a tabletop
- We did not like the distance between the ignition button and knob
- No side tables
- You need to buy propane hose adapter separately in case you wish to use a regular tank
8. Char-Broil Classic 280 Review – Cart Styled Best Gas Grill Under $300 2020[amazon box=”B01HM7BUY8″ title=”Char-Broil Classic Propane Gas Grill…”]
Problem with portable units is they lack a side burner. And side burner is a must for preparing sauces, eggs, and other such similar food items as you cannot prepare them on a grill. So next on our review list we have char broil classic 2 burner gas grill under 300. This product is best to use on your backyard to prepare a meal for 4-6 people at once. But however, it does not feature a warming rack like many other units. Instead of providing secondary cooking space this Char Broil classic gas grill features an 8000 BTU side burner.
Thanks to its piezo ignition system that provides fast and reliable burner start-ups. Just a simple push of a button is all you need to start the burners. Therefore, no need to search for matches every time you want to start the unit. Moreover, stainless steel inline burners are durable for long-lasting performance. Also, they offer better high and low heat control as well as give beautiful sear marks on food. And who doesn’t love to have food that has beautiful sear marks on it? right!
Its two 6-inch wheels are helpful in moving the Char-broil gas grill under 300 freely in your backyard. While the flat base legs keep holds the unit firmly and prevents from tipping over. Speaking about built-up quality, Char-broil classic 280 2-burner is solidly built to last for many years. Besides offering sturdy construction the product is great in looks too.
Metal shelf on the side provides you with space to keep serving dishes, tools or ingredients. You can even convert side burner into a shelf in case you need more space. Just make sure not to cover side burner immediately after using it as it may damage the cover. Thus, user-friendly control and simple design make it one of the best propane gas grills under $300.
- 2 burners
- 280 sq inch of cooking space
- 20,000 BTU’s
- 8000 BTU side burner
- 2 in-line burners
- Metal side shelves
- Piezo ignition
- Two 6-inch wheels
- Great product for grilling food in your backyard
- The grates are porcelain-coated, making them rust-resistant and easy to both cook and clean
- The side burner is helpful in making sauces and certain side dishes
- 2 fixed legs and 2 wheels make the unit both portable and stable
- The inline burners offer better high to low heat control vs traditional pancake burners
- The cooking area is wide enough to fit up to 12 burger patties at once
- An absence of warming rack(secondary cooking area)
- Assembling the parts together takes a long while
9. Cuisinart CGG-180T Review – Good Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill[amazon box=”B004H4WWA6″ title=”Cuisinart Gourmet Portable Gas Grill…”]
Unlike the majority of the units that are completely black in color, this gas grill has a red color lid. Whereas the bottom is black in color. This color combination of red and black simply enhances the beauty of the tabletop unit. Not only is this portable tabletop unit is good in looks but it posses some really fantastic features. And these features made us include it in our best gas grills reviews.
In spite of its small size, cooking space of this small gas grill is good enough to cook family meals. And by that we mean, it can fit up to 8 steaks, 8 hamburgers, 6-9 chicken breasts, or over 4 pounds of fish. This much food quantity is enough to serve a medium size family in one go.
Quick heating of grills is what makes it worth the money. It might be small in size but cooks as well as a full-size grill. In addition, it consumes far less amount of gas than big units. And similar to other big products Cuisinart also features ignition start. Just twist the knob, push a button for easy lighting.
Aluminum legs and stabilizing feet set up in seconds. Also, the length of both the legs is long enough to keep the unit at a decent height from a tabletop. This, in turn, prevents overheating of a tabletop. Besides that, an integrated lid lock keeps the lid secure while you’re carrying the product. Therefore, you can enjoy your grilling session no matter where you are. Be it a beach, campsite or backyard of your home, you’ll be serving tasty gourmet meals.
- Single burner
- 5500 BTU’s
- 145 square-inch grilling area
- Foldaway legs
- Integrated lid lock
- Generous carry handle
- Drip tray
- 3-year limited warranty
- The briefcase-style carrying handle makes it easy for the user to carry it from one place to another
- The unit heats up fast to temperature over 350-400 degrees
- Potable legs fold inwards in seconds so that you can store the gas grill easily
- You get 3 color choices, namely, red, black and stainless steel
- The product weighs only 13.5 pounds which makes it ideal for camping, RV’s, tailgating and other such outdoor activities
- No need to invest time on the assembly as it comes pre-assembled
- Grease pan is hard to clean
- Legs do not fold up tight to bottom
- Heat control over grill could be better
You might also like:
- 15 Best Pellet Grills Reviews
- 15 Best Electric Smoker Review
- 11 Best Charcoal Grill Review
- 10+ Best Deep Fryers
What to Look for in a Gas Grill Under $300
Type of Gas
Most people use liquid propane in the grill because of easy availability and cheap cost. Beyond that, a user can use natural gas as fuel, however, make sure the brand allows it or has an inlet unit for natural gas (most brands have it)
The size of the grill matters a lot. But it depends upon the size of your family or number of people attending your outdoor party. Any gas grill having 2 or more burner with large cooking space is enough to prepare food for 5-10 people. However, if you are hosting more than 10 people, buy 2 such units or one 6 burner grill to reduce the cooking time.
Any gas grill having a more than 250 sq. inches of cooking space is considered a good unit for a price less than $300.
British Thermal Unit (BTU), is a measure of energy or traditional unit of heat. The term is defined as the amount of heat(energy) required to raise the temperature of one pound of water by one degree Fahrenheit.
Higher BTU does not need to make any grill better than others(1). It depends upon the cooking area size to the heat ration. So buying a gas grill having 6,000 BTU per burner can be considered as a good choice.
Whiling buying the right gas grill, you must also look for other features such as side burner, removable upper cooking grate (helpful in cooking buns, small meat pieces, and veggies). Also look for automatic start, wheel for portability, LED lights, thermometer, bottle opener, and a propane gauge.
You don’t have to spend a fortune to enjoy a perfect grilling and BBQ. Gas grills are safer as compared to conventional pellet grills. You can grill, sear, and even smoke the meat, burger, buns, and veggies.