Last Updated on February 25, 2022
A garden is a relaxation place in your house where you view the blooming flowers, your vegetation, etc. But often, gardens can get messy with all the things lying around like gardening tools, pool tools, bikes, etc. A garden shed can be the perfect solution for this problem. It will provide you with an adequate space to store all the things lying around and make your garden appear clean. Additionally, it will also ensure that your tools and vehicles stay protected.
- 1 Best Garden Shed Review – Handpicked And Reviewed The Best For You
- 1.1 1. YardStash IV Heavy Duty Outdoor Storage Shed
- 1.2 2. Rubbermaid Weather-Resistant Garden Shed
- 1.3 3. 2x4basics Shed Kit With Barn Roof
- 1.4 4. Bravindew Waterproof Bike Storage Shed
- 1.5 5. ShelterLogic All-Steel Metal Ripstop Cover
- 1.6 6. Rubbermaid Horizontal Resin Garden Shed
- 1.7 7. The YardStash III Garden And Pool Storage
- 1.8 8. Arrow Newburg Eggshell Steel Shed
- 1.9 9. Outour Industrial Gray Shed
- 1.10 10. EighteenTex Waterproof Bike Storage Tent
- 2 Best Garden Shed Buying Guide
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Conclusion
Best Garden Shed Review – Handpicked And Reviewed The Best For You
Now that you have decided to buy a garden shed, you will be faced with the dilemma of what to choose. There are a plethora of options available in the market, which can make you feel overwhelmed. But to make things easier for you we have selected some of the best products in the market. And in this best garden shed review, we will help you make the best decision. By the end of this article, you will be able to choose the one for your space.
|YardStash||Vinyl tarpaulin||7 x 32 x 68 in||18.7 lbs||See Price|
|Rubbermaid||Plastic||87.2 x 45 x 17.8 in||239 lbs||See Price|
|2x4basics||Wood||6.8 x 11.5 x 5 in||14.5 lbs||See Price|
|Bravindew||Fiberglass||26 x 7 x 7 in||12.27 lbs||See Price|
|10 x 15 x 8 in||109 lbs||See Price|
|Rubbermaid||Rein/plastic||63.5 x 48.75 x 13.06 in||92.81 lbs||See Price|
|YardStash||Polyester||74 x 30 x 65 in||16 lbs||See Price|
|Arrow||Steel||59.5 x 76.25 x 67.88 in||91 lbs||See Price|
|23.75 x 7 x 7 in||12.62 lbs||See Price|
|EighteenTex||Industrial polyethylene||20.63 x 8.39 x 7.95 in||9.8 lbs||See Price|
1. YardStash IV Heavy Duty Outdoor Storage Shed
The first product on our list of best garden shed options is by YardStash. With a space-saving footprint, this storage shed is capable of storing two adult bikes efficiently. As per the manufacturer, there will still be room to store things like furniture cushions, garden tools, lawnmowers, etc.
The storage shed is also said to be easy to set-up without needing any tools. The fact that there is no tool required and it is not that big, it is touted as a great portable storage shed. Yardstash has added rubber tabs on the top and bottom zippers featuring storm flaps for accessibility. These features also protect against dust, water, pests, etc. Lastly, the sealed seams along with the patented snow shedding roof design offer weather protection all year round.
- Space-saving design
- Easy assembly
- Rugged rubber top tabs with bottom zipper and storm flaps
- Vinyl tarpaulin construction
- The product is easy to assemble and disassemble.
- You get a sufficient amount of space to store stuff.
- It includes vinyl tarpaulin construction for weather protection.
- The well-thought design offers maximum durability.
- The sides feel a bit flimsy.
- Consumers have complained about the space.
- The sturdiness is questionable.
2. Rubbermaid Weather-Resistant Garden Shed
Rubbermaid has designed this outdoor shed with a double-wall construction for additional strength. It also makes the storage weather, dent, and leak-resistant. The manufacturer has said to leverage heavy-duty plastic along with impact-resistant flooring.
The company claims that the shed can be assembled using common household tools by two people. The dimension of this garden storage shed measures at 95-inches (H) x 84-inches (W) and 42-inches (D). The brand offers versatile garden sheds, and this is among the best garden shed options available.
- Double-wall construction for maximum strength.
- Protection against weather, dent, and leaks
- The use of impact-resistant flooring and heavy-duty plastic
- Easy to assemble with a common tool
- It has a strong, high-quality construction for durability.
- You’ll have sufficient space to store different things.
- It offers water, dent, and leak resistance.
- The design holds up steadily.
- Customers have complained about the customer services.
- The assembly process is time-consuming.
- The door does not close properly.
3. 2x4basics Shed Kit With Barn Roof
Next on the garden shed reviews is a customizable shed featuring a barn roof. It comes with .22 gauge galvanized steel brackets for installation. The manufacturer claims the height of the shed up to 10 feet. The shed is entirely made of wood, but the lumber is not provided with every kit. Within the kit, there is the main shed, steel brackets, instruction manual, and design plans. Considering only 90-degree cuts are needed, the company claims the installation to be quite easy. And consumers can customize it as per their needs.
- Customizable as per the needs
- Galvanized steel connectors
- Built using 90-degree cuts
- Includes assembly instructions, lumber cut list, and material needed list
- The 10-feet height is impressive.
- You get the flexibility to customize the shed.
- There is different options for the roof portion.
- It comes with easy cuts for the installation process.
- Users have complained about the installation process.
- The metal used is flimsy.
- The connector fails to offer proper stability.
4. Bravindew Waterproof Bike Storage Shed
This is a shed option with great features. It uses a small footprint to offer large storage space. According to the manufacturer, users can store two adult bikes along with many garden tools like lawnmowers, toys, garden tools, etc.
The shed features a waterproof cover along with a top-to-the-bottom zipper on the door for maximum security. This heavy-duty shed is made with fiberglass, vinyl tarpaulin, and UV treated to offer strength and durability. The brand claims the installation process is very easy where users will not need any tools.
- Fiberglass and vinyl tarpaulin
- Space saving design
- UV-treated for sun protection.
- You get ample space for storing things.
- The floor offers good stability.
- No hardware is needed for installation.
- It’s made from strong and durable materials.
- It fails to offer 100% water resistance.
- The zipper quality of the unt is not good.
- It does not come with an instruction manual.
5. ShelterLogic All-Steel Metal Ripstop Cover
Cover tensioning system This is a great garden shed made using all-steel materials to offer maximum strength as well as stability. To protect from peeling, chipping, rust, and corrosion, the product is coated with a premium powder-coated finish. The company has added a sandstone cover that offers an advanced triple-layer ripstop with UV and water protection.
The product also includes a patented ShelterLoCK stabilizer to ensure optimum stability. Additionally, the manufacturer has also incorporated a cover tensioning system to make sure that the drum-tight covers the shed properly. This claims to keep the shed tight and proper. The slide cross rail system locks down the frame to offer a good fit throughout the frame. According to the manufacturer, the assembly may take around six hours with two people.
- All-steel material construction Rust, chipping, and corrosion resistance with powder-coated finish.
- Advanced triple-layer ripstop for water and UV protection.
- Patented ShelterLock
- The built quality offers durability.
- The space offered is huge.
- UV and water resistance protects from fading.
- Shelterlock does a good job with stability.
- The poles are not strong enough to hold the wind.
- The fabric may sag over time.
- Users have often complained of the missing parts.
6. Rubbermaid Horizontal Resin Garden Shed
When it comes to the best garden shed options, this horizontal garden shed is certainly the one to consider. It features a double-walled resin design for maximum durability.
The manufacturer has added a hinged roof to make it easier for the user to access the stuff inside. The manufacturer claims the product to be leak, weather, and dent-resistant for 365-day usage. It also comes with a heavy-duty floor mat to keep the inside dry.
Moreover, for added security, the storage shed comes with a dedicated lock, which is sold separately. The manufacturer allows users to customize the shed by including an additional shelf.
- Sufficient space to store a wide range of things
- Customizable as per your needs
- Double-walled resin design
- All-year-round dent and weather protection
- Heavy-duty floor mat included
- The assembly process is quick.
- Users get good water protection.
- The compact design offers better storage.
- The design offers a lot of space.
- The hinged lid opens up every time the box is opened.
- Misaligned seams create gaps.
- Customers have complained about the sealing efficiency.
7. The YardStash III Garden And Pool Storage
Next on the garden shed reviews is garden and pool storage by YardStash designed with space-saving in mind. The manufacturer allows you to store two adult bikes, kids’ toys, pool supplies, lawnmowers, garden tools, etc. It comes with a heavy-duty vinyl tarpaulin ripstop roof featuring UPF 50+ protection. Additionally, the shed includes a polyester body, which offers a thick weatherproof coating on the interior.
The manufacturer has also added a top to bottom zipper to seal the door completely, providing protection against dust, pests, water, etc. The product is claimed to be easy to set-up without needing any kind of tool. The reinforced integrated floor, back panel for locking the big bikes zipper featuring storm flaps, front mesh vent, etc., are some other features of the tent.
- Space-saving design
- Complete enclosure with zipper
- The heavy-duty vinyl tarpaulin, ripstop roof UPF 50+ protection
- The polyester body for weatherproof interior coating.
- The compact design is efficient.
- The product is backed by a warranty.
- You can install it in your garden easily
- The company offers great customer service
- No fade protection offered.
- While it should have space-efficient-design, users claim the space design is inefficient.
- The instructions are not proper.
- Users have complaints about the material’s durability.
8. Arrow Newburg Eggshell Steel Shed
Another option is this product by Arrow. It is treated with zinc to offer water and corrosion resistance. Moreover, the UV-resistant steel panels are treated to protect against extreme weather conditions, rust, and insects. The manufacturer has leveraged a low gable reinforced steel roof to provide additional stability. For security, the company has added a pad-lockable sliding door. Users will have to purchase the padlock separately. The neutral palette of coffee and eggshell offers visual appeal to complement any house.
- Electro-galvanized steel
- UV resistant steel panel fLow gable roof for added stability
- Pad-lockable sliding door for security
- The neutral color palette for aesthetic appeal
- This shed has a compact and lightweight design suitable for small spaces.
- The strong construction will offer durability.
- Sliding door with padlock offers security.
- The steel proof offers adequate stability.
- The quality of the piece is flimsy.
- Lacks in height as opposed to other options.
- The instruction is poor and unclear.
9. Outour Industrial Gray Shed
This shed is made using industrial, weatherproof, ripstop, and UV-resistant material. There is an additional cover on top so that no rods are exposed to the environment. The design of the shed makes it highly versatile and portable than many other sheds.
The assembly process is claimed to be easy, and the manufacturer has also added an instruction manual. The shed measures 80-inches (W), 32-inches (D), and 66-inches (H), offering ample space to store two adult bikes. Along with the bikes, users can also store pool supplies, kids’ toys, gardening tools, etc.
- Heavy-duty waterproof and UV-protected design
- Portable storage unit
- Easy assembly with no tools
- Space-saving design for more storage
- The product offers sufficient space with spacious depth and width.
- You will get supportive and timely customer service.
- There is heavy-duty construction for durability.
- Portable design is easier to carry around.
- The color faded over time.
- With flimsy material, users tend to experience ripping.
- The assembly process is a bit tricky.
10. EighteenTex Waterproof Bike Storage Tent
Measuring 75-inches 43-inches 74inchess, the EighteenTh is the last product on this list of best garden shed reviews. The users will get sufficient space to store their bikes. Additionally, it comes with easy-to-store-and-carry cylinder bags for efficient storage capacity. The tent is made using industrial polyethylene featuring ten mil thickness and a durable frame.
Overall the construction is claimed to offer greater stability. Along with two adult bikes, the shed can be used to store a generator, lawnmower, blower, firewood, chairs, coolers, gardening tools, etc. The manufacturer claims to offer water resistance to protect against rain and snow. The material is also resistant to sun and UV damage. The portable shed comes with easy to set-up design.
- Space-saving design to store many things
- Weather and water resistance
- No tool, easy assembly process
- One year limited warranty
- Good height to store bigger items.
- Lightweight design makes it easy to set up.
- It has a full-length zipper for maximum coverage.
- The shed is not entirely waterproof.
- It comes with an unclear instruction manual.
- The material is susceptible to get torn quickly.
Best Garden Shed Buying Guide
After the best garden shed reviews, you know what the best options are. Now let’s understand the primary factors that you need to consider.
Garden sheds are offered in different materials like metal sheds, vinyl/plastic/resin sheds, wood sheds, etc. Each material has its pros and cons, so it is up to the users’ preferences and purposes. Make sure you read about where these materials work the best and where they do not.
When choosing the size of your next garden shed, you need to consider the things you are planning to store inside it. Based on your requirements, the garden shed can be bought in small, medium, and large sizes.
Garden sheds come with a wide range of accessories. Some of the popular items include anchors, shelves, windows and skylights, ramps, roof strengthening kits, etc. So based on the purpose of storage, you can consider the product that comes with a particular accessory you need.
Consider the permission requirement
Before you start reading through best garden shed reviews, understand if you are in compliance. If you are living in a rented property, you need to get permission from the landlord. By knowing and being in compliance with the rules beforehand will avoid any future complications.
The garden shed comes in a plethora of different varieties and prices. The right approach to get the best garden shed is to be clear about your purpose. Moreover, you should also set a budget before you start the search. This way, you can narrow down your options and pick the most suitable option.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best quality garden shed?
There is no definite answer to this question. Instead, the answer varies based on the preferences of the customers. YardStash, Rubbermaid, ShelterLogic, Arrow, etc., are some of the best brands that offer a strong and durable garden shed for multiple purposes.
Is it cheaper to build or buy a shed?
It can be cheaper to build your own shed only if you already have all the necessary tools for the same. Moreover, if you are not knowledgeable about garden sheds, the chances of error increase, raising the overall construction. On the other hand, if you do not know how to build a shed, then it would be more cost-efficient to buy a pre-made garden shed, which comes with no-tool installation. You can save the money you would have to spend on buying hardware for installation.
Are metal or plastic sheds better?
When it comes to durability and strength, metal wins. The material is strong and offers long-lasting protection to the shed. Even in the plastic shed, there is metal reinforcement to offer stronger support.
What is the best base for a metal shed?
The base you use for your garden shed contributes to its stability. And there are different types of bases available for metal sheds. Tarmac, paving slabs, or concrete are the best materials to place as a base for a metal shed. Concrete is the strongest option among them. And if you have a smaller shed, you can choose paving slabs.
There you have it, our review for the best garden shed options in the market. Furthermore, the additional information will further help you to be knowledgeable about garden shed in general. Doing proper research beforehand will allow you to make an informed decision and buy a product that lasts you for a long time.
homestuffpro.com is reader-supported and a part of the Amazon Affiliates Program. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read our disclosure for more information.