A chainsaw is powerful device which flawlessly cuts wood with the help of sharp teeth attached to the rotating chain. Generally, these machines are portable so that you can carry them along with you. You can differentiate chainsaws on the basis of their working power. And obviously, these differences makes commercial units different from residential chainsaws. But not to worry as we are here with our best chainsaw reviews to help you buy your perfect model.
Not only you can use a chainsaw to cut trees, but they are also helpful in many other ways. Therefore, it proves to be helpful in fast and clean trimming of branches of the three. And as we know, at a certain point you need to prune certain branches which are decaying or getting overlarge. This in turn prevents decay organisms from entering as well as ensures long life of the tree. Also a chainsaw is beneficial in obtaining small pieces of wood from a huge wood lodge. And you can make use of these small pieces of wood in your outdoor wood fire pit . So now let us begin our best chainsaw reviews without wasting much time.
- 1 List of Best Chainsaw Reviewed
- 2 1. Husqvarna 455 Rancher 2 Stroke Engine – Best Gas Chainsaw
- 3 2. Makita XCU02PT Battery Chainsaw – Best Under $200
- 4 3. DEWALT DCCS620P1 Professional Chainsaw – Best in Size to Power Ratio
- 5 4. Greenworks 20312 – 40V Cordless Chainsaw – Top Rated
- 6 5. Makita UC4051A 16″ Electric Chain Saw – Amazon Choice Product
- 7 6. Tanaka TCS33EDTP/12 Top Handle Chainsaw – Overall Best Performance
- 8 7. BLACK+DECKER LCS1020 20V – Best Chainsaw Under $200
- 9 8. Oregon 570995 CS1500 Self-Sharpening Electric Chainsaw – Best Under Budget
- 10 9. XtremepowerUS Gasoline Gas Chainsaw – Top Pick Under $150 (RunnerUp)
- 11 10. Remington RM4618 Outlaw Professional Gas Chainsaw
- 12 11. Worx WG322 20V Cordless Chainsaw Tension and Auto-Oiling – Best Under $100
- 13 12. Hurbo 2 Stroke Petrol Chainsaw – Overall Good For Outdoor Garden and Yard Use with Tool Kit
- 14 Buyer’s Guide
List of Best Chainsaw Reviewed
|Model||Saw Length||Power Source||Price|
|Husqvarna 455 Rancher||20 Inch||Gas|
|Makita XCU02PT||12 Inch||Battery|
|DEWALT DCCS620P1||12 Inch||Battery|
|Greenworks 20312||16 Inch||Battery|
|Makita UC4051A||16 Inch||Electric|
|Tanaka TCS33EDTP/12||12 Inch||Gas|
|BLACK+DECKER LCS1020||10 Inch||Battery|
|Oregon 570995 CS1500||18 Inch||Electric|
|XtremepowerUS 82100-XP||22 Inch||Gas/Gasoline|
|Remington RM4618 Outlaw||18 Inch||Gas|
|Worx WG322 20V||10 Inch||Battery|
|Hurbo 2 Stroke||20 Inch||Petrol/Gas|
1. Husqvarna 455 Rancher 2 Stroke Engine – Best Gas Chainsaw
Husqvarna chainsaw proudly stands on #1 on our best chainsaw review list. This powerful gas chainsaw is perfect for homeowners and professional works. Its powerful cc engine is easy to start as well as deliver excellent torque. And torque is an important factor which helps to determine power of the object. This Husqvarna chainsaw uses x-torq that reduces exhaust emission levels which proves to be more eco-friendly. Also it consumes less fuel which ultimately gives you more running time. Further, this Husqvarna chainsaw is extremely easy to start which makes it user-friendly. And for user safety, this unit comprises of inertia brake which prevents kickback while cutting wood. The reason why it takes 1st position on our best chainsaw review list.
To make working more smooth, this Husqvarna chainsaw features anti-vibration technology. And by that we mean, you feel less vibrations while trimming wood which prevents muscle fatigue. In addition, its 5.5 lbs weight makes the unit easy to carry and move as you work on your project. As a result, you can continuously work for hours and get smooth output every time you use this unit. However, the major downside of the product is, it is costly. And reason behind this unit being costly is its excellent features which you will not find in any cheap chainsaws. Thus, which makes this model fall in our best chainsaw reviews.
The centrifugal air cleaning system helps to remove particles of wood and dirt before they reach air filter. This in turn, increases life span of engine as well as results in less frequent cleaning of air filter. Besides, this Husqvarna 455 Rancher chainsaw comprises of hand guard which reduce chances of accident while you’re working. And safety should be your first priority when you deal with such sharp devices. Hence, excellent working capacity of the unit makes it ideal for homeowner, landowners, farmers, and woodworker.
Next on our best chainsaw review list we have a brilliant chainsaw from Makita. Unlike above product, this Makita chainsaw works on battery. As a it runs on battery, it is obviously cordless. Therefore, cordless chainsaws eliminate hassle of refilling gas or power cord extensions. All you need to do is charge the batteries completely and start working on your project. This Makita cordless chainsaw runs on two 18 volt LXT batteries. And by combining them, you get power of 36 volts which is sufficient enough to complete large project. Also these lithium-ion batteries charge up quickly so that you can work for long period of time. Hence, making it best in the class of cordless chainsaw.
As the unit requires no gas, it results in zero emission (100% Eco Friendly). Hence, which do not harm environment as well as makes the unit more safe to use. Plus, the Makita XCU02PT Battery Chainsaw generates less noise at 89 db which makes working more comfortable. Not only that, it also features front hand guard and rubber grip handle for better grip. While rubber handle provides perfect grip, hand guard actuates chain brake in case of sudden contact. Thus, which makes this cordless chainsaw safe to operate. Apart from that, it does not require any special tools for chain adjustment. You can simply adjust the chain by yourself using a protective glove which eventually reduces maintenance cost.
The makita 18V X2 chainsaw features extreme protection technology which offers flawless performance in harsh job sites. And by that it means, the unit remains resistant against water and dust so that you can complete work without any hassle. Besides, overall weight of the unit is only 10.1 lbs including batteries. Therefore, less weight of the unit puts less strain on muscles. Also, the cordless unit needs no changing of engine oil, cleaning air filter, etc which makes the device more user-friendly. All these features make this product among best cordless chainsaw for beginners and part-time wood trimmers.
3. DEWALT DCCS620P1 Professional Chainsaw – Best in Size to Power Ratio
This powerful DEWALT chainsaw is just perfect for homeowners and professional wood workers. Its high-efficiency brush-less motor makes this device special by maximizing run time and motor life. As the motor does not consist of brush, the maintenance cost also becomes less. Also this battery-powered chainsaw eliminates hassle of filling gas, changing oil, cleaning air filter, etc. Apart from that, the 12-inch oregon bar chops off large logs of wood in less time. Also compact design of this DEWALT chainsaw offers optimum user control. As a result, it becomes very easy to maneuver the bar according to the project requirement. Ease of movement and small size of the unit makes it another best battery chainsaw on review list.
Tool-free chain tensioning needs no special tools which again reduces maintenance cost. Not only that, this DEWALT DCCS620P1 features an bar tightening knob to properly adjust and tighten bar after heavy use. Also proper adjustment of bar results in powerful clamping force which ultimately speeds up your work progress. Further, it also reduces kickback and makes device more safe to use. Chain speed of 25.2 feet per second is good enough to chop-off large pieces of wood in minutes. Hence, makes it best chainsaw for professional and residential use.
Light weight of this DEWALT chainsaw offers maximum user control. The device weights only 8.8 lbs which makes it suitable for people suffering from back pain. Also less weight makes it easy for you to move the unit according to the width of project. Therefore, it results in low kickback and high efficiency. Besides that, this battery-operated chainsaw is easy to start due to absence of carburetor. Simply pull the trigger in order to start this powerful cordless chainsaw.
4. Greenworks 20312 – 40V Cordless Chainsaw – Top Rated
Again we present you a powerful cordless chainsaw from Greenworks. This unit is ideal for beginners or part-time professionals. Its 16-inch bar length posses capacity to cut wide surface of wood easily. And with up to 150 cuts per charge, you can clear large area with battery fully charge. Not only that, this battery-powered chainsaw features a brush-less motor. And one major benefit of having brush-less motor is, it virtually needs no maintenance at all. Also it provides longer run-time, more torque and with more torque comes more power. Therefore, which makes this one of the best chainsaw from Greenworks.
Translucent oil tank of this Greenwork chainsaw allows you to view the amount of oil left in the tank. Further, this transparent oil tank comprises of auto-oiler which makes the work more easy. And similar to many other battery-powered chainsaw models, this unit also have tool-less chain tensioning. Therefore, by rotating knob you can quickly and safely tighten the chain. Just like rest of models, it consists of a sturdy hand protector on front side. Most interesting thing about this Greenworks cordless chainsaw is, its low on cost. If you’re first time buyer having low budget, then this is one best chainsaw under $200.
Another wonderful feature of this Greenkworks cordless chainsaw is its quite operation. The unit does not produce much noise and operates smoothly. In addition, light weight of device makes it easy to move while cutting wood. Not only does it save time but also help to get your job done fast. Besides, it is very easy to start the unit by simply pushing start button. Therefore, it eliminates hassle of pulling cord every time you wish to start the device. Overall, great bar length and long battery life makes it one of the best cordless chainsaw from Greenworks.
5. Makita UC4051A 16″ Electric Chain Saw – Amazon Choice Product
Working becomes more fun if handle of chainsaw is soft and provides good grip. And so is this electric chainsaw from Makita. Its soft rubber handle provides solid grip and makes movement of device easy while cutting wood. In addition to that, starting the device is extremely easy because of large rigger switch present near the handle. And similar to majority of units, this electric chainsaw also contains hand guard. Also, the Makita UC4051A electric chainsaw consists of translucent portion through which you can see amount of oil left. But as the oiler is automatic, you do not have to worry about applying oil to bar. The only thing to keep in mind is, keep the oil level up to the mark for flawless work.
As it is an electric chainsaw, you might worry about overheating of engine. But with this Makita chainsaw, keep all your worries aside as it features built-in current limiter. This function helps to protect motor from overheating and burnout by reducing power to motor. In simple words, it reduces wattage whenever it detects overuse of electric saw. As a result, it increases life of engine as well as gives optimum output for years to come. This feature of Makita UC4051A makes it another good electric chainsaw on the review list.
The unit consists of large metal spike bars that help to keep product performance intact. Further, an electric chain brake also increases productivity of the chainsaw as well as prevents kick back. Apart from that, it contains a knob through which you can tighten chain. As tightening chain does not require use of any tool, it cuts down maintenance cost. And as it is an electric chainsaw it produce zero emissions, making it environmental-friendly. Thus, it is a powerful, professional-looking and low-maintenance electric chainsaw.
6. Tanaka TCS33EDTP/12 Top Handle Chainsaw – Overall Best Performance
If you want a chainsaw specially for shaping and pruning branches of tree, then here’s a perfect product. New in the chainsaw industry, this gas chainsaw from tanaka quickly gained popularity because of its outstanding performance. Firstly, the unit is small in size which makes it easy to handle and move around. And compact size of device is reason for its light weight. Therefore, compact size and light weight of this gas chainsaw makes it perfect for homeowners and hobbyist. Secondly, the unit generates less vibration because of its anti-vibration system. This in turn, increases user comfort. Also it contains built-in lanyard ring to easily reach and cut relatively high branches. Hence, making it best small gas chainsaw for shrub and branches of tree.
For smooth and easy start of engine, it includes a half throttle choke with purge primer. Further, its powerful pure fire 2-stroke engine produces ultra-low emissions. Such low emissions does not cause much pollution and cause less harm to environment. Apart from that, its side access chain tensioning provide quick and convenient chain adjustment. Plus, sprocket nose bar along with oregon chain prevents kickback and provides maximum user control. As a result, it helps to clear good amount of area fast.
The tanaka gas chainsaw provides easy access to fill and empty fuel. However, you need to maintain fuel mix ratio of 50:1 for best results. Otherwise, it is an excellent small device to trim branches of tree and use them for outdoor fire pit. Also small size of the unit does not require great storage space. Lastly, its attractive 7-year residential warranty makes it best chainsaw for homeowners or residential use.
7. BLACK+DECKER LCS1020 20V – Best Chainsaw Under $200
There’s a reason why people prefer cordless chainsaws for residential use. As they are light in weight, it makes it extremely easy to move the bar according to shape of branches. And this Black Decker chainsaw is just perfect for homeowners and hobbyist. It uses 20 volt lithium-ion battery which lasts up to 5 times more than any ordinary battery. As a result, you get plenty of time to finish your project. Also Li-ion batteries have long life span as compared to ordinary battery. So if you want your unit to work flawlessly for years, always make use of Li-ion batteries. And this cordless chainsaw comes with 20 V battery with main unit.
For convenient filling of oil, it contains nozzle at top of unit. It also contains small translucent viewing window through which you can see remaining amount of oil. Always select good oil as it will properly lubricate bar and chain. As a result, you can finish large amount of work without any inconvenience of chain slipping off. Also it reduces possibilities of kick back while cutting wood. For user safety, this black and decker cordless chainsaw includes hand protection panel to avoid dangerous accidents. Also rubber handle provides maximum user control over device and increases user-comfort.
Its tool-free blade tension system allows you to adjust chain without need of any special tools. Just like rest of models in our best chainsaw review list, turn the knob to adjust chain according to bar. Overall, it is small powerful unit which weights just 7.2 pounds. Such light weight results in less muscle fatigue and back pain. Therefore, it is a best chainsaw in terms of cost, power and working capacity.
8. Oregon 570995 CS1500 Self-Sharpening Electric Chainsaw – Best Under Budget
Oregon chainsaw is best known for its self-sharpening technology. It is because of this power-sharp technology, Oregon become so popular in the market quickly. Now you might be wondering, how can this Oregon chainsaw perform self sharpening operation? Well, the answer is very simple. By pressing a small red handle present near the hand guard, it sharpens chain while it is rotating. And this self-sharpening of chain makes it ideal to cut trunks and large branches of tree. Therefore, this Oregon electric chainsaw is perfect for professional workers and part-time wood-workers. Its 15 amp motor in combination with 14 cm bar reduces kick back while trimming wood. This much of power and wide bar length makes it one of the best self-sharpening chainsaw in the market.
Another positive thing about this Oregon chainsaw is its budget-friendly price. Despite of providing so many features, it costs very less. Apart from that, starting the device is a breeze. It simply starts by pulling trigger and continuous to work as long as it receives constant power. Therefore, forget about hassle of pulling cord, filling fuel and maintaining oil-gas ratio with this electric chainsaw. Also the unit works quietly as compared to heavy-duty gas models.
Wonderful balance of the device is what made us include it in our chainsaw review list. In addition to that, it also has ergonomic design, light weight and great grip for easy handling. All these factors gives smooth results while being comfortable to handle. Conclusively, it is great powerful chainsaw for professional as well as landowners with low vibration.
9. XtremepowerUS Gasoline Gas Chainsaw – Top Pick Under $150 (RunnerUp)
For cutting giant logs of tree you need a powerful machine that effectively perform its job. Surprisingly, next on our best chainsaw review list we have a gas chainsaw which is not only powerful but is also under budget. XtremepowerUS offers widest bar length that proves to be helpful in cutting trunks and lumber of tree. Its powerful engine is strong enough to chop off multiple tress in short amount of time. Therefore, which makes it suitable for professional woodworkers in search of sturdy unit that can last for years. Also its anti kick back chain mechanism prevents kickbacks while you chop-off small to medium size of wood.
One downside of this gas chainsaw is, it is quite heavy. It weights 16 Lbs which in our opinion is not a good choice for elderly people or for persons having frequent back pain. Otherwise, its 45 cc engine displacement is so strong to cut firm wood in minutes. Unlike other models, this unit includes user manual having instruction about maintenance and troubleshooting. Thus, simply refer to user manual in case the device stops working suddenly. This user-friendly support makes it one of the best gas chainsaw on the review list.
When you buy a gas chainsaw, you need to keep check on air filter, carburetor and fuel. But in case of this model, it gives easy access to all these features which again adds a point to its user-friendliness. Its clean air-intake system prevents dust and debris from entering the engine. This in turn, helps to maintenance good performance of engine as well as increases life of motor. Hence, lower emissions and great horsepower makes it best chainsaw for cutting tough tree logs.
10. Remington RM4618 Outlaw Professional Gas Chainsaw
Starting a gas chainsaw can be quite irritating as it may require to pull cord multiple times in order to start engine. But what if it becomes extremely easy to start a gas saw? Sounds relaxing right? So this product on our best chainsaw review list features quick-start technology. Although it also starts on pulling cord but engine starts easily on maximum of 1-2 pulls. All the credit goes to its powerful 2-stroke engine which makes pull start easier as well as reliable. Also the powerful 46 cc engine effectively cuts wide logs of wood with low kick back. Hence, easy and quick wood cutting capacity makes it another best chainsaw for homeowners and woodworkers.
Its 5-point anti-vibration system in combination with cushion wrap provides great comfort while operating device. While cushion wrap makes product comfortable to hold, its ergonomic design balances whole unit. And because of proper balance, it becomes easy for you to maneuver chainsaw according to need. Also side-access chain tension adds more comfort and easy adjustment of chain. All of which provide maximum user-control and excellent output.
Just like many other models on our best chainsaw review list, this unit also includes hand guard and automatic oiler. But what makes it different is, it comes with handy, heavy-duty carrying case and bar and chain oil. So on buying this gas chainsaw you get complete package including all necessary things. But most noteworthy thing about about this product is it comes fully assembled. Hence, you just need to fill proper fluids before starting engine.
11. Worx WG322 20V Cordless Chainsaw Tension and Auto-Oiling – Best Under $100
Less weight of device makes it easy to carry, move and maneuver according to the requirement. So we present you an extremely light-weight unit from worx on our best chainsaw review list. First of all, it is an battery-powered chainsaw and does not need constant power supply for continuous working. Secondly, its 20 V power share platform is best to prune shrubs and small branches of tree. Therefore, this much power is good for small to medium size homeowners. Further, tool-free auto chain tension system prevents over-tightening of chain as well as maintains optimal chain tension. This in turn, makes wood cutting more easy and fun.
Similar to other models, this electric chainsaw also comprises of automatic oiler system. But the only difference is it contains visual oil indicator level. This makes worx chainsaw unique from majority of the models. Besides, the auto-oil system automatically lubricates the saw, so that you can get smooth and clean cut every-time. Plus, ergonomic comfort grip reduces muscle fatigue so that you can work for hours without any pain. Well grip along with 6.19 lbs weight makes this another excellent and affordable cordless chainsaw by WORX.
If you own other products of WORX, you can make use of the 20 V battery which comes with this unit on other WORX tools. As a result, you save money and time while using same battery on multiple devices. But the only drawback about the unit is, no high volt battery is compatible with this WORX chainsaw. Therefore, you must buy WORX battery for uninterrupted work. Otherwise, small size and light weight of the unit made us include it in our best chainsaw review list.
12. Hurbo 2 Stroke Petrol Chainsaw – Overall Good For Outdoor Garden and Yard Use with Tool Kit
Last on our best chainsaw review list we have a new yet powerful product from Hurbo. Its powerful 52 cc engine with 10000 rpm makes it best for professional use. Be it logging, pruning or trimming, this gas chainsaw delivers excellent force for perfect output. Also its long bar with sprocket nose helps to cut wood quickly with low kickback. Large fuel and oil tank capacity stores good amount of liquid which helps to complete big task in single go. Not only does it save time but it also eliminates hassle of refilling fuel. Thus, 2-stroke gasoline engine with 2000 watts power makes it a best gas chainsaw for heavy-duty wood cutting.
Though the unit runs on gas, it is relatively quiet and does not produce too much annoying noise. Also the anti-vibration dampeners absorbs vibration which ultimately reduces muscle fatigue and strain. As a result, you can work for hours long without worry of sound and heavy-vibrations. Apart from that, the unit is quite heavy because of its powerful cc engine. It weights 17 pounds excluding guide bar and chain. So in our opinion, this gas chainsaw is best for people with good physique. Or else, this much weight is enough to cause back pain in elderly people or person with weak physique.
Keeping environmental issues in mind, Hurbo gas chainsaw’s engine uses 20% less fuel. Therefore, it saves fuel, generates less emission as well as increases life-span of motor. Its centrifugal air filtration system plays an equal role in elongating motor-life. And despite being so powerful this unit is under budget which makes it best choice for heavy-duty wood cutting projects.
If you are still need additional information then below home stuff pro team has described the buying guide for chainsaw. You might also want to get a dual fuel outdoor generator for your house to back such electric machinery with electricity.
1. What are the Types of Chainsaw?
Before buying any chainsaw you might like to know what are different types of chainsaws. Understanding basic difference between each type of chainsaw can help you get best product. So are different types of chainsaws according to power source and ease of use. Go through them once in order to get a product that will last for years.
According to Power Source:
- Electric Chainsaw: Electric units are the one which need constant power supply in order to run unit. These models are comparatively small in size and light in weight. Also they start easily by simply pushing a button or turning knob. Whereas, majority of gas models requires pulling of cord in order to start engine. Electric chainsaw hardly requires any maintenance as all they need is constant supply of power. With electric models, you do not have to worry about maintaining proper gas-oil ratio. This in turn, saves lot of time as well as cuts down extra cost of purchasing fuel and oil. Conclusively, electric chainsaws are best for homeowners, part-time wood workers and hobbyist.
- Gas Chainsaw: When power is your first priority then gas chainsaws will never fail you. Such type of units are extremely powerful and delivers great horsepower. And due to this, they are way faster than electric models and completes good amount of work in short time. Therefore, they are ideal units for heavy-duty wood cutting projects. Generally, they are little big in size which makes them heavy as compared to electric units. But despite being heavy, they can cut any type of wood which comes in its way. Thus, making it suitable for professional workers.
According to the ease of use:
- Cordless Chainsaw: Battery-powered or cordless chainsaw are cheap as compared to gasoline or electric models. And due to this reason battery-powered chainsaws are gaining more popularity. Apart from being cheap, they are excellent units for cutting wood in small areas. Cordless chainsaw using a lithium-ion battery would typically run longer than any model using standard battery. However, you cannot expect a battery-powered chainsaw to run more than 2-3 hours even if it uses Li-ion batteries. But this much time is enough to complete wood cutting projects in small yard or garden. Also they are light in weight which makes them easy to lift and move according to the project. Overall, compact size and light weight of cordless chainsaw are responsible for their increasing demand.
- Pole Chainsaw: Main advantage of having a pole chainsaw is, it helps to cut high branches of tree. A pole chainsaw eliminates the need of a ladder. You can simply trim down branches by standing on ground. As a result, you can trim good amount of branches and shrubs within short time.
2. 5 Points to look at – before buying a chainsaw
- Source of power: Broadly, chainsaws are of three types, namely, electric, cordless and gas. Before buying any model give a quick glance at first point of buyers guide. It will simply help you to choose best chainsaw according to your requirements. Apart from that, electric models are light in weight, compact and posses good wood cutting capacity which makes it suitable for medium size yards. Whereas, cordless units are small in size and powerful enough to cut shrubs and small branches of tree. Therefore, making them best for small property. Lastly, gas units are very powerful and can effectively cut large logs of wood in small amount of time. This quality of gas chainsaw makes them ideal for large size areas.
- Quality of chain metal: Chainsaw chains plays a major role in determining vibration level of the unit. Basically three types of cutters are available, semi, chisel and square. Whereas, chain arrangement varies from standard, semi-skip and full-skip. All these factors are important while you are in search if your best chainsaw. They determine kickback, cutting force, speed and cutting quality of wood.
- Easy lubrication: Most of models on our best chainsaw review list features automatic oiler system. This system ensures proper lubrication between chain and bar as well as eliminates manual oiling. All you need to take care is, keep oil tank full in order to complete your work flawlessly.
- Balanced construction: A unit must be well balanced for the comfortable wood cutting experience. Hence, select a chainsaw having a proper balance between main unit and bar. A proper balance reduces muscle fatigue as well as helps to complete task at fast pace.
- Users Safety: When you work with such sharp tools, it is very important to keep safety as your first priority. And keeping the same thing in mind, all major brands includes a hand guard to avoid any accident. Further, they consists of a chain brake lever to control movement of chain. Similarly there are lot of such features for users protection so that they don’t cut themselves. And our best chainsaw review list contains items with maximum user safety features.
3. How Often Should You Sharpen a Chainsaw (Can you sharpen it?)
A simple thumb rule says, whenever you feel to put extra pressure while cutting wood, you should sharpen the chain. Another best way to detect whether your chainsaw chain is sharp or dull is by looking at wood scrap. If the scrapes of wood are in chunks or chips, it indicates chain is sharp. But if you see a dust power-like wood after cutting it, you might need to sharp chain of the chainsaw.
You can always sharpen the chain by yourself. All you need to do is, get the right chain sharpening tools and follow the directions. File the blades at right angles using other necessary tools and you get sharp chain. In case, if the chain does not cut the wood even after sharpening, then you might need new pair of chain. So conclusively, if wood cutting is not as smooth as before, then either it requires sharpening or replacement.
4. How big of a chainsaw bar do I need?
Bar length determines how much power will the machine deliver. A chainsaw with good bar length of 18 inches or above easily cuts-off wood having large diameter. Basically, such type of chainsaw can cut any type of wood, whether it is hard or soft. Whereas, bar length less than 12 inches is best for cutting small logs of wood and using them for your outdoor fire pit . These type of units are ideal for small garden or yard. Therefore, our best chainsaw review list includes both type of models so that you can choose a perfect unit for yourself.