Last Updated on February 25, 2022
No matter how good quantity of coffee beans you buy, improper grinding will never give perfect taste. But having a good coffee grinder not only improvises taste but also saves your time. Talking about electric coffee grinders, let us inform you there are two major types of grinders available. One which uses a blade to slice up beans while other is burr coffee grinder. A blade grinder works similar to that of a mixer. These blades rotate powerfully to grind coffee beans. But today we will focus on best burr grinders reviews.
If you love coffee and your mornings are also incomplete without great tasting coffee, then welcome to our best electric coffee grinder reviews. The reason why we are particularly focusing on electric burr grinder is because of their excellent output. They give way better result as compared to blade grinders. Especially, using an electric burr grinder will give you uniform-size grinds which are responsible for the great taste of coffee. There are many such benefits of using burr coffee grinder which we will discuss later in buyers guide.
Many people still believe blade models are better than burr ones. But trust us, once you buy your best electric burr grinder, you will never look back to a blade grinder. Apart from giving you uniform grind, soothing aroma of coffee will spread as soon as you begin brewing. Thus, make your mornings great and active. So what are waiting for? Scroll down to reviews in order to get yourself a best electric coffee grinder for perfect taste every time.[amazon table=”3308″]
- 1 Best Burr Coffee Grinder – Electric
- 2 1. Breville BCG820BSSXL The Smart Grinder Pro Coffee Bean Grinder – Best Overall
- 3 2. Baratza 586 Baratza Virtuoso Coffee Grinder – Best For French Press
- 4 3. KRUPS KM785D50 Grind & Brew Automatic Coffee Maker – Best Seller and Under $200
- 5 4. Capresso 565.05 Infinity Stainless Steel Conical Burr Grinder – Best Customer Reviews
- 6 5. KitchenAid KCG0702OB Burr Coffee Grinder
- 7 6. OXO Conical Burr Coffee Grinder – Best Under $100
- 8 7. Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD Rocky Espresso Coffee Grinder – Good For Professionals
- 9 8. Ariete -Delonghi Electric Coffee Grinder – Professional Under $100
- 10 9. Baratza Forte BG (Brew Grinder) – Flat Steel Burr Coffee Grinder – Best for Commercial Uses
- 11 10. Bodum Bistro Burr Grinder – Good For Home Under $100
- 12 11. Top Rated Bellemain Burr Coffee Grinder
- 13 12. Secura CBG-018 – Automatic Cheap Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
- 14 13. Solofill SOLOGRIND 2-in-1 Automatic Single Serve Coffee Burr Grinder for Coffee Pod
- 15 Buyers Guide
Best Burr Coffee Grinder – Electric
|Model||Unique Settings||Bean Capacity||Price|
|Breville BCG820BSSXL||60 Grind Settings||18 oz|
|Baratza 586||40 Grind Settings||8 Oz|
|KRUPS KM785D50||5 Distinct Settings||10 Cups|
|Capresso 565.05||4 Specific Settings||8.8 Oz|
|KitchenAid KCG0702OB||15 Grind Settings||7 Oz|
|OXO Conical 8717000||15 Grind Settings||12 Oz|
|Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD||50 Micro Settings||11 Oz|
|Ariete -Delonghi 3017||15 Grind Settings||10 Oz|
|Baratza Forte BG||230 Grind Settings||18 Oz|
|Bodum Bistro 10903-01US||14 Grind Settings||7 Oz|
|Bellemain SYNCHKG089539||17 Settings||7 Oz|
|Secura Automatic CBG-018||18 Grind Settings||8 Oz|
|Solofill SOLOGRIND 2-in-1||11 Grind Settings||7 Oz|
1. Breville BCG820BSSXL The Smart Grinder Pro Coffee Bean Grinder – Best Overall
The stainless steel body of any electric coffee grinder lasts for years rather than plastic exterior. So is our #1st product on the best burr grinder review list. Its steel exterior in combination with conical burrs minimizes grinding heat. As a result, the surface of the device does not get too hot to touch while grinding is in-process.
In addition to that, it also helps to protect the essential oils of coffee beans so that you get a great taste every time. And if you’re a fan of the french press, then this unit is best for you. Not only does this unit have a strong exterior, but it is also low on budget. Therefore, which makes it one of the best budget burr grinder available in the market.
The Breville burr grinder offers a total of 60 precise grind setting. And for that reason, it is also good for commercial use. With these many options, you can try a variety of grinds every new day. Be it espresso, black or french press, its finest to coarsest grind will fulfill your every demand. Besides, the maximum power consumption of 120 volts makes it an excellent electric coffee grinder in terms of energy saving. Hence, this Breville unit provides great grinding power while saving electricity.
Further, this electric burr grinder features a precision electronic timer. This allows you to set grind time in increments of 0.2 seconds. So every time you turn on the machine, you get uniform grinds and consistent output. Further, Breville posses 18 ounces of coffee bean capacity with locking system. This locking system eases removal, storage and transfer of bean hopper.
Other than that, you can directly grind coffee beans into a portafilter, paper filer, air-tight container, etc. This ease of use makes it a best electric burr grinder in our review list.
- Great product for both, residential and commercial use
- You get 60 different options for finest to coarsest grind
- Conical burr helps to grind effectively while minimizing grinding heat
- Includes conical burr cleaning brush
- The conical burr preserves essential oils while grinding which as a result gives strong flavor and aroma
- Budget-friendly product
- Its very easy to change grind size and time
- Short power cord
- Conical burr
- 60 unique settings
- 18 oz bean capacity
- Digital timer
- stainless steel exterior
- Locking system
- 1-year limited warranty
It is one of the best of the best burr grinder under $200. Breville BCG820BSSXL can be used for domestic and commercial purposes. It is definitely one of the best bean grinder for the money.
2. Baratza 586 Baratza Virtuoso Coffee Grinder – Best For French Press
Static is common while dealing with electric burr coffee grinders. And to overcome this problem, Baratza burr grinder contains an anti-static coating. While you grind dry coffee beans, it builds up static which makes ground coffee to push-off in the air. And if you’re not cautious, the powder may spread all over the kitchen counter. Hence, you might end up cleaning a kitchen full of ground coffee. But do not worry side effects of static electricity with this Baratza burr grinder.
Apart from that, the small size of the unit makes it ideal for small size family and offices. Also, it is really easy to shift the device from one place to another due to its lightweight. Thus, it is the best small electric coffee burr grinder from Baratza.
Simple controls of this small electric coffee burr grinder make it user-friendly. Using the knob, you can set the grinding intensity, whereas, 550 RPM of burrs gives perfect results. In addition to that, you get 40 distinct grind options to choose from.
Furthermore, a switch is present for turning the device on/off and to set a timer. This dosing timer goes up to 60 seconds and grinds from 200 to 1400 microns. Hence, it is the best small electric coffee burr grinder for slow-brew methods.
Bean hopper capacity of 8 oz is sufficient enough for a small family. Moreover, a powerful motor spins slowly which in turn generates less noise. Also, this slow spinning of the motor does not generate too much heat on the outer surface of the device. Conclusively, it is simple to operate, quiet and small Baratza burr grinder perfect for small family and offices.
- Lightweight of the unit makes it easy to carry and shift
- Anti-static feature of the machine does not spread dust powder in all directions
- The compact size of the unit easily fits on small spaces
- Best for slow-brewing methods, espresso, and french press
- As the motor spins slowly it generates less noise
- 40 mm high-grade steel burrs gives consistent and uniform output
- Best for residential use
- Bit expensive
- The unit becomes hot if it runs for a long while
- Steel conical burr
- 40 distinct settings
- 180-watt motor
- Timer and on/off switch
- Anti-static coating
- 8-ounce hopper capacity
- 1-year warranty
Are you looking for a specialty coffee maker but tied under a budget? Baratza grinders are preferred by Speciality Coffee professionals which can be yours for a price of few bucks more than $200. With features like 40 grind setting, grind on demand, quality parts, small footprint, and classy style, Baratza 586 is another best burr grinder for coffee.
3. KRUPS KM785D50 Grind & Brew Automatic Coffee Maker – Best Seller and Under $200
Nothing can be good than owning a best electric burr grinder which is powerful and under budget. And if you love cafe like taste, then this Krups burr coffee grinder will not fail you. It comprises of 5 grind levels, ranging from fine to course grinding. And as it is a drip coffee maker you will certainly get strong taste and aroma every time you use this machine.
In addition, it provides a strength control button using which you can adjust strength of grinding. You can choose the intensity from mild, medium and strong depending upon further brew. This feature is helpful when you’re making espresso shots or french press. Also auto-start of this Krups burr grinder makes it more comfortable for the user to use.
The Krups km785d50 burr grinder consists of led display with simple to use digital controls. It has maximum capacity of 10 cups which is sufficient enough for small to medium size family. But you can also choose cup capacity from 2,4 and 8 depending upon persons.
Further, Krups km785d50 consists of a pause and serve feature. This feature allows you to pause and pour coffee any time in between brew cycle. Not only that, a 2-hour keep warm feature keeps coffee inside carafe warm for complete 2 hours. Therefore, you can enjoy second round of coffee any where within 2 hours with this Krups burr grinder.
For better cleaning of the device, Krups km785d50 offers a gold-tone filter. This filter is removable as well as washable. Moreover, despite it offers so many features, cost of this electric burr coffee grinder is relatively low. No doubt, the unit is among best selling product on amazon. Overall, it is cheap, powerful and great-looking device suitable for medium to large size family.
- Best cheap burr grinder for daily use
- Auto-start and shut-off feature makes the device more comfortable to use
- Easy to use digital controls with LED display
- Up to 10 cup setting options with 2 increments
- Keep-warm features allows you to enjoy coffee at right temperature within time period of 2 hours
- Carafe with curved spout design provides high-precision pouring down to last drop
- Its super easy to clean device especially between pots
- Not ideal for commercial use
- Some user may might not get familiar with digital controls
- No space to store power cord, you need to wind it up after use
- Conical burr
- 5 different settings
- 10-cup capacity
- Brew strength selector
- Keep-warm feature
- Removable gold-tone filter
- 2-year warranty
When your budget is $200 or less then KRUPS KM785D50 is your go-to burr grinder without any doubt. It is the most sold coffee maker on Amazon with more than 13000+ positive feedback.
4. Capresso 565.05 Infinity Stainless Steel Conical Burr Grinder – Best Customer Reviews
If you’re buying an electric burr coffee grinder for the first time and especially to use at home, then this product is just for you. Capresso burr grinder offers commercial-grade solid conical steel burrs with an advanced cutting design. Therefore, it results in uniform and high precision grinding which gives you perfect deep taste. Further, you get 4 setting options which are extra fine, fine, regular and coarse. Therefore, these options are enough to brew fine Turkish coffee, espresso shot, and other regular versions.
Capresso features gear reduction motor which grinds the beans slowly. This, in turn, reduces noise and static electricity up to a little extent. All these features simply contribute to making its best electric coffee grinder for first-time buyers.
Pulse grinding is possible with this Capresso infinity burr coffee grinder. Plus, you can set a timer in between 5 to 60 seconds. Furthermore, a see-through bean hopper has the capacity to hold up to 8.8 oz of beans. And in our opinion, this much capacity is good enough for small to medium size family.
However, the holding capacity of its ground coffee container is 4 oz which is enough to make 10 cups at a time. Therefore, which makes it the best electric coffee grinder for home. Apart from that, for easy cleaning of parts, it provides a removable upper conical burr. Thereby, cleaning becomes easy with this Capresso infinity model.
On buying this Capresso burr grinder for the first time, you get a deluxe bundle. This deluxe bundle includes coffee beans, cleaning brush and a measuring scoop. In short, you can start making your coffee as soon as you receive this product. Overall, it is simple to use, good-looking and durable unit that will last for many years.
- Simple controls of the unit make it ideal for first time buyers
- Includes cleaning brush and measuring scoop
- Upper conical burr is removable for easy cleaning
- The unit weights 9 pounds which makes it easy to carry or shift
- Quiet working is possible due to the slow grinding of motor
- Tight fitting ground coffee container prevents powder from spreading around
- Sometimes coffee tend to stick inside the grinder due to static
- Need to clean after every use for the best outcome
- Do not use this product for a commercial purpose
- Conical steel burrs
- 4 distinct modes
- Gear reduction motor
- 8.8 oz bean container capacity
- Removable burr
- Simple design
- Safety lock system
- 1-year warranty
Like all our products in this burr grinder review list, Capresso 565.05 has also astonishing positive customer review because it manages to deliver a good feature in a small budget of $150 and less.
5. KitchenAid KCG0702OB Burr Coffee Grinder
Mornings are always so busy where you hardly get time to perform all activities especially if you have kids. So it becomes utterly important to have an electric coffee grinder which grinds at great speed. And this Kitchenaid burr grinder is perfect for persons with busy morning schedule. With burr speed of 450 rpm, it minimizes friction heat build-up. Further, it also helps to preserve flavor of coffee so that you get deep and delicious sip every time. Besides, you get a total of 15 different grinding options with half-step increments from 1-8. These settings is helpful in making all major types of variations rather it be espresso or french press grind. And all these type of settings requires very less grinding time, making it best coffee grinder on list.
In order to keep static electricity minimum, Kitchenaid kcg0702ob burr grinder offers bean hopper and grind jar made of glass. Also they are very easy to remove and clean. Another impressive thing about this Kitchenaid model is, capacity of both the jars is equal. Therefore, they can hold 7-ounce of bean and ground coffee which is good enough for medium size family. Apart from that, its sturdy steel conical burrs grinds the beans smooth and uniformly. As a result, you get perfect deep taste and flavor every time you take a sip.
9.9 lbs of this electric coffee grinder makes it easy to shift from one place to another. In addition, its sleek and space-saving design makes storage of the unit easy. Rather be it kitchen-top or tabletop, this device can easily fit in any small space. Moreover, cleaning of overall unit is a breeze. Just wipe it with a damp cloth and you’ll get a shiny electric burr grinder.
- Unique design of this unit makes it easy to use and clean
- This small electric burr coffee grinder is easy to carry and needs less storage space
- Low rpm operation minimizes friction-heat as well as preserves oil and flavor of coffee beans
- Simple assembly and disassembly of glass jars makes them easy to wash after use
- It includes cleaning brush and scoop for proper cleaning and measurement
- Simply turn the big knob to select burr rate from 15 options
- No digital controls or led display
- It does not feature an auto shut-off feature even when hopper gets empty
- It has more options for fine grinding than coarse one
- Steel conical burrs
- 15 grind settings
- 7-ounce hopper and grind jar capacity
- Die-cast metal design
- 1 burr cleaning brush
- Burr rate of 450 rpm
- Weights 9.9 lbs
- 1-year hassle-free replacement warranty
With elegant metal design and multiple grind setting, KitchenAid KCG0702OB is another best burr grinder under $200.
6. OXO Conical Burr Coffee Grinder – Best Under $100
Small electric burr coffee grinder is not a good option for large size family or medium size office. As compact models does not great grinding capacity, using them frequently might affect quality of grinding. Hence, you will end up damaging your unit by using it more than 3 times a day. And to overcome this problem, we have oxo burr grinder with ground container capacity of 110 grams. Therefore, 110 grams is sufficient to make 12 cups of coffee. In addition to that, you get a total of 15 grinding options. Basically, there are three major options, fine, mild and course. Each of which contains 5 different setting and together makes 15 modes. Hence, it is a perfect electric coffee grinder for medium to large size families as well as small offices.
Now you might be wondering, the product might weight more as it posses great holding capacity. But surprisingly, overall weight of this item is just 1 lb. Yes, that’s true. And due to this reason, it becomes extremely easy to carry it with you on camping, picnic or office. Also cost of this product is much less than majority of units on our best electric grinder review list. Thus, you get all qualities of a good machine under budget which makes it a best burr grinder under 100.
One-touch start feature of this oxo burr grinder increases user-comfort. It remembers last setting so that you can simply rinse and start grinding. This in turn, saves time as well as makes the device easy to use. Other than that, it is extremely easy to remove hopper for cleaning purpose. Hence, large hopper capacity, easy removal and cleaning makes it one of the best units in the review list.
- Slim profile of the unit requires less storage space
- It is extremely easy to carry the unit along with you because of its light weight
- Cheaper than most of the product in our best electric coffee grinder reviews
- Timer keeps your last setting so that you can simply start grinding without setting it again
- Large-capacity hopper makes it suitable for medium to large size family
- Ground container accommodates up to 110 grams which can make up to 12 cups of coffee
- It is very easy to remove cups and clean them for future use
- Bit noisy
- Takes little time to grind beans
- Issues with clogging of burr due to powder after 1-2 years of use
- 40 mm steel conical burrs
- 15 settings
- One-touch start
- Hopper capacity of 0.75 lbs
- Ground container capacity of 110 grams
- UV-blocking tint
- Weights only 1 lb
Precise grinder setting from fine to coarse and durable canonical burrs makes it impossible to resist brewed coffee from this wonderful OXO Conical Burr Coffee Grinder machine.
7. Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD Rocky Espresso Coffee Grinder – Good For Professionals
A strong unit that lasts for years is definitely a best electric coffee grinder. And this product from Rancilio offers a strong and sturdy unit. Not only does it have a strong construction but it also have a modern look which is very appealing.
In simple words, this machine will definitely enhance beauty of your kitchen while providing excellent output. Its 50 mm commercial-grade grinding burrs are powerful enough to grind all kinds of coffee beans.
Be it fine grind for espresso or course powder for drip coffee, it can handle any type of grinds in-between. And for more user comfort, it gives you an option to directly grind coffee into porta-filter. This in turn, eliminates mess due to static electricity as well as helps to collect ground powder easily.
Unlike many of models in our best electric burr grinder reviews, this unit incorporates flat burrs. And main benefit of having flat burrs rather than conical ones is their superior grind control. They grind coffee beans way more precisely as compared to conical burrs. Hence, many commercial-grade coffee grinders have flat burrs as they provide uniform result every time. Therefore, which makes flat burrs more expensive than conical ones. But you’ll never forget taste of coffee once you make use of flat burr.
Further, this electric coffee grinder gives 50 setting options which is by far the highest in flat burr models. Moreover, its high-efficiency 166-watt motor operates quietly. Also it is super easy to adjust grind setting by simply turning hopper.
While the power switch is present at the side of unit, an on/off switch is just at front-bottom. This in turn, increase user-comfort as you can easily turn on or off grinding by pressing the switch. Overall, flat burrs along with precise grinding makes it a best burr grinder on the list.
- Highly precise grinding possible because of flat burr
- Quiet operation of motor is what makes the unit so famous
- You can directly collect ground powder into a porta-filter
- Simple to use controls increases user-comfort
- Modern design of this unit easily mixes with modern kitchen styles
- In case, the device does not work properly, you can always refer to user manual for troubleshooting the problem
- Porta-filter does not fit the holder perfectly
- Location of the switch could be better
- 50 m flat burr
- 50 setting options
- 166-watt motor
- Hopper capacity of 0.65 lb
- Simple on/off switch
- Modern design
- UV container
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD is a powerful entry-level commercial burr grinder. If your budget allows you, it can be used for home and small offices.
8. Ariete -Delonghi Electric Coffee Grinder – Professional Under $100
Sometimes it becomes difficult to find all good features in a single machine when budget is barrier. But you do not need to worry about money with this Delonghi electric coffee grinder.
This heavy-duty stainless steel grinder is powerful as well as easy to use. Therefore, you can grind variety of styles with a simple push of button. Be it french press, drip coffee or fine espresso, this unit effectively crush beans according to setting you select. Further, you get total 15 options for grinding beans into coarse or fine powder. All you need to do is, turn the knob present on side of unit to set the grind-mode. Then after, press the start button and watch ground coffee falling into ground container. In spite of all these wonderful features, cost of this Delonghi product is reasonable. Therefore, we can say it is best burr grinder under 100.
If you love taste of Turkish coffee but cannot obtain fine powder using a blade grinder then this unit is the solution.
Its heavy duty conical burr disk gives ultra-fine grind which is ideal for Turkish coffee. In addition, its large hopper posses capacity to store good amount of coffee beans. As a result, it eliminates need of refilling hopper again and again after every use and saves time.
Delonghi electric coffee grinder contains cute bean design having led back-light. This light indicates intensity of grind as well as makes the device look attractive.
It is very important to clean your electric burr grinder after using it. And proper cleaning of unit ensures long life of motor and burr. So this device offers complete removal of bean hopper even with beans inside. Also it is super easy to clean grinding head. Conclusively, it is best burr grinder under 100 in respect of working capacity and ease to operate.
- Best cheap burr grinder under $100
- Preparing Turkish coffee is very simple because of its ultra-fine grind
- It is easy to remove automatic bean hopper for cleaning purpose
- Large hopper can store good quantity of coffee beans so you do not need to refill it after every use
- ETL certification ensures the device is safe to use
- Simply turn the knob to set different grinding modes
- Issues of static electricity
- The product has lot of plastic parts
- Container is uncomfortable while putting back into unit
- Stainless steel conical burr
- 15 distinct settings
- Start/stop button
- Cute led display
- Removable bean hopper
- Automatic locking system
- ETL certified
- 1-year warranty
With 15 GRIND SETTINGS, you can customize the grind for your percolator, urn, or French Press (coarse), drip coffee (medium), or espresso machine (fine), with the simple push of a button. All these features make it another best burr coffee grinder for the money.
9. Baratza Forte BG (Brew Grinder) – Flat Steel Burr Coffee Grinder – Best for Commercial Uses
Here comes another Baratza burr grinder but this time for commercial use. It comes with 54 mm flat burr which powerfully grinds coffee beans for manual or batch brewing. Further, a powerful DC motor delivers excellent power which as a result gives uniform ground coffee. Not just that, it also features an all metal grind adjustment system. This system comprises of 10-step macro arm and 26-step micro arm for a range of grind series between 230-1150 microns.
If you love having espresso shots, then let us inform you that this unit provides lot of grind choices. However, this Baratza burr grinder gives below average results when it comes to fine grinding. This is because it is expertise in medium and course grind.
A beautiful led touch-screen interface makes it incredibly easy for user to select different options. For example, if you want dose by weight, then simply tap on ‘weight’ button, enter quantity and press start.
Baratza burr grinder also remember recipe you made yesterday. Therefore, you can recall it by adjusting macro and micro and by entering time after tapping on ‘time’ button. Thereby, all these features simply increases user comfort as well as helps to save time.
In spite of providing remarkable features and having large hopper size, this unit weights only 13.23 lbs. Also sleek design of this commercial electric coffee grinder needs less storage space. Thus, extremely precision grinds and doses to within 0.2 grams or 0.1 seconds with consistency is great for home enthusiastic and professional use. Making it best electric burr grinder for commercial and frequent use.
- Great unit for single or bath brewing
- Sturdy construction that will last for years
- Its signature dose-by-weight is accurate to plus or minus 0.2 gram
- LED touch-screen user interface comes with numerous options in order to get perfect dose
- The commercial-grade 54 mm flat steel burr gives brilliant output
- Best for medium and coarse grinds
- In spite of having powerful DC motor, it has sleek design which requires less storage space
- Too expensive for home use
- Not ideal for fine grinds
- 54 mm flat steel burr
- High-efficiency DC motor
- LED touch-screen interface
- Larger gear-to-belt ratio
- Weights 13.23 lbs
- Cast zinc body
- All metal grind adjustment system
It is “Voted Best Product by the Specialty Coffee Association.” Yes, that’s right leaves very less foot print and does not waste coffee beans.
10. Bodum Bistro Burr Grinder – Good For Home Under $100
If you’re find simple black and white color of electric burr grinders boring then here comes a solution. This Bodum bistro electric burr coffee grinder comes in 6 different colors. You can select any color from chrome, copper, red, black, white and shiny copper or all if you wish. Not only this unit have good looks but it also posses powerful grinding capacity.
In order to prevent waste, it comprises of a push-button and a pre-set timer. Make use of these two function to grind exact amount of coffee. Also it provides 14 setting options from coarse to fine. Furthermore, stainless steel conical burr helps to preserve flavor and oils of coffee beans. Thus, you’ll get deep taste of coffee every time you make use of this Bodum bistro electric burr coffee grinder.
To reduce static electricity, Bodum bistro electric burr coffee grinder provides borosilicate glass container. This type of glass reduces static cling of coffee grounds and prevents them from spreading around. While lid helps to keep the beans fresh so that you get fresh and deep taste every time. Moreover, tight silicone lid prevents ground coffee from coming out from the container. In short, less wastage of coffee beans makes it a best electric coffee grinder in the review list.
A proper measuring guide is present just beneath cover of the lid so that you get perfect sip of coffee. And in order to keep the device stationery during grinding, it provides a silicon band. This silicon band holds the device firmly and prevents it from slipping. Hence, you do not need to stand there and hold device whole time while it is doing its job. Ultimately, it saves your time and energy.
- You can change grind setting by simply turning twisting bean hopper
- This electric coffee grinder is available in 6 different colors
- Best burr grinder under $100 specially for home use
- Includes a push button and pre-set timer for grinding exact amount of coffee
- Non-slip silicon band prevents the device from slipping or tipping over while its on
- Tight fitting plastic lid prevents ground powder from spilling
- Generates bit of noise while it is grinding
- Even though they provide good quality container, ground powder still sticks around the jar sometimes
- Steel conical burrs
- 14 settings
- Boro-silicate glass container
- Pre-set timer
- 100% aluminium body
- Non-slip Silicon band
- Frictional clutch
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
BISTRO Burr coffee grinders crush whole coffee beans between stainless steel conical burrs to preserve bean’s flavor and aroma while maintaining a consistent grind. Bodum machine comes with 14 different settings from coarse to fine, allowing you to go from Espresso to French Press with ease.
11. Top Rated Bellemain Burr Coffee Grinder
When design meets power, it becomes a deadly combination. And so is this product on our best electric coffee grinder reviews from Bellemain. With this Bellemain burr coffee grinder you can process up to 7 oz of premium beans at one time. As a result, it saves your time by eliminating need to refill hopper again and again after every use. Not just that, it also serves large amount of people in single go which again saves time as well as electricity. And if you have many electric appliances in your home, you always seek for that one product which is energy-efficient. Therefore, this Bellemain burr coffee grinder consumes very less electricity which ultimately cuts down your electric bill. Apart from that, it includes 17 grinding options for fine, medium and coarse grind.
This small electric burr coffee grinder can make ground powder which can make up to 14 cups of coffee. In addition to that, the unit weights only 3.25 pounds which makes it easy to carry. Thus, making it suitable for home as well as small offices. Further, it features an auto shut-off function. This function automatically shuts down the machine once the program gets over. Hence, it a best electric burr grinder which offers hand-free grinding with an automatic shut down.
Cleaning this burr grinder is a breeze it contains parts that are removable. Therefore, you can detach ground cup, grinding disk and bean hopper lid for washing them after use. Also all these parts are extremely easy to assemble together. All these features increases your comfort level as well as saves time. Thus, make your hectic morning, a lovely morning with this Bellemain burr coffee grinder.
- Small size of this burr grinder occupies less storage space
- Grinding menu is present on side of the unit for ease of use
- The device shuts down automatically as soon as grind-cycle is over
- Price of the product is not too high
- Majority of parts are removable in order to clean them thoroughly
- Large capacity of hopper can grind up to 7 oz of coffee beans in one go
- Body of the unit has lot of plastic
- Need to regrind beans for french press
- Unit demands cleaning after every use
- Conical burr grinder
- 17 settings
- 7 oz capacity of bean hopper
- Auto shut-off
- Simple to rotate knob
- Weights 3.25 pounds
- 2-year warranty
This Bellemain burr grinder is not only cheap or say affordable but also very efficient. We have brewed Turkish coffee and used it for french press. Get your hands on this gem which is fairly priced under 100 dollars.
12. Secura CBG-018 – Automatic Cheap Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
Next on our best electric burr grinder list we have an excellent product from Secura. This quiet working unit with 100 watt of motor is sufficient for home use. Also its conical burr grinds at slow speed which maintains flavor and original taste of coffee beans.
While slow grinding retain natural flavor of coffee, 100 watt motor works silently. Furthermore, coffee bean container holds up to 8 ounces of beans, whereas, ground container has capacity of 5 ounces. And with this much capacity, you can easily grind beans for coffee anywhere between 2 to 10 cups. Thus, makes the unit suitable for small to medium size families.
In addition, you get total 18 grind setting ranging from ultra-fine to coarse. Select the perfect mode according to dose you’ll need for future use.
Mornings are hectic and no one has time to stand near burr grinder while its grinding beans. Many of models in our best electric burr coffee grinder reviews needs to turn off manually after completion of process. But this unit offers an automatic shut-off feature. This feature automatically shuts off device on completion of timer.
It also offers a start-stop button in case you wish to stop the process manually. Hence, it saves lot of time which makes it one of the best electric burr grinder.
A cup selector KNO present at the side of unit allows you to select cups in single increments. Hence, it starts from minimum of 2 cups but then-after increases by 1 cup which goes up to 10 cups. Other than that, to make cleaning of the unit easy, it comes with several removable parts. Simply remove lid, jar and upper grinding cone and soak them in lukewarm water for few minutes. This will remove smell of coffee as well as kill bacteria. Overall, easy operation of the device makes it best electric burr grinder for money.
- Easy to control knob for selecting cups starting from 2 up to 10 cups
- You get total 2 options to turn off grinding, manually or auto shut-off feature
- Lid along with many other parts are removable for ease of cleaning
- The unit works quietly as does not produce any annoying sound
- Safety shield prevents beans from flying out of bean hopper
- Best electric coffee grinder $100 weighting only 4 pounds (approx)
- The device also shuts off in case of removal of ground container
- Ground powder sticks around due to static electricity
- Not suitable to grind greasy beans
- Conical burr
- 100-watt motor
- 18 grind settings
- Capacity of bean container up to 8 ounces
- Knob to select cups
- On/off button
- Removable lid
- 1-year warranty
Secura CBG-018 is another excellent pick under $100. The canonical grinding process is very easy and anyone can learn it before you brew 5 cups of homemade coffee. Absolutely value for money machine.
13. Solofill SOLOGRIND 2-in-1 Automatic Single Serve Coffee Burr Grinder for Coffee Pod
Last but definitely not the least, on our best electric coffee grinder list we have this amazing product from Solofill. What makes this unit different from other is its 2-in-1 grinder function. Therefore, which means you can interchange single serve coffee adapter and ground coffee container.
This machine automatically grinds and drops a precise dose of ground coffee into coffee filter cup. Again this cup is single serve so you can only make 1 cup coffee at a time. Apart from that, you get a total of 11 grind settings ranging from fine to coarse and in between them. Simply rotate the knob present at front side of unit to select proper dose. Also there are 2 big buttons stating start and stop which exactly does at the name suggests.
Chrome construction of the unit will last for years. And in order to reduce heat build-up, it grinds at low rpm. Not only this reduces heat but it also helps to achieve uniform ground powder. As a result, natural flavor of beans remains intact so you get deep taste with every sip. And nothing is better than kick starting day with a flavorful coffee. Apart from that, it comes with a refillable brewing pod. All you need to do is, simply fill ground coffee into pod, seal it and brew. Thus, you’ll get fresh taste every time you use this electric coffee grinder.
It comes with a cleaning brush so that you can clean the unit properly after use. And similar to majority of devices, this electric coffee grinder also features auto shut-off function. It simply stops grinding once the timer gets over. Ultimately, it makes unit more comfortable to operate. And this makes it one of the best electric coffee grinder in respect of easy user-control.
- This 2-in-1 electric coffee grinder includes ground coffee container and K3 chrome refillable filter
- Comes with a cleaning brush in order to clean parts properly
- Features automatic shut-off function which will stop grinding once the timer gets over
- Cheap burr grinder with 2 functions in single unit
- It comes with a refillable brewing pod
- Turn the knob simply to select grinding mode
- Apart from longevity, in this budget this the best with minimum down side
- Conical burr
- 2-in-1 grinder
- 11 settings
- Single serve coffee adapter
- Auto shut-off
- Includes pod
- Electronic timer
- 90-day limited manufacturer’s warranty
As this product lacks in some of the pro features but keeping the price tag in mind, Solofill SOLOGRIND is another excellent cheap burr grinder for home and non-commercial uses.
As our editor like to drink her cup of coffee while sitting on her outdoor bistro set in the garden, and she uses one of the product we listed in our list of portable countertop dishwasher to clean the cup. To know more about keeping your home and kitchen equipped with the best products in the market keep reading more on HomeStuffPro regularly.
You might also like to read:
- review on best single cup coffee makers.
- 10+ Excellent Waffle Makers
- Top 10 Breakfast Sandwich Makers
1. Burr vs Blade Grinder?
Many people want to know the difference between a burr grinder and blade grinder. Obviously, there are some differences which make burr grinder different than a blade one(1). First of all, the working mechanism of a blade grinder is very much similar to that of a mixer. Sharp blades crush coffee beans in variable grinds. Whereas, burr grinder grinds coffee with the help of two abrasive surfaces rotating against each other. And these abrasive surfaces are burr which can be of steel, ceramic or high-grade plastic.
While blade grinder gives a non-uniform result, a blade grinder always gives uniform output. And due to this reason, a burr grinder is better than a blade grinder. Besides that, you get a lot of modes in burr grinder which is not the case in blade models. Therefore, you can choose from a variety of settings to make more than one type of brew. But this is not possible with blade units.
Lastly, a burr grinder preserves original aroma way more than the one model with blades. Also, you get more control over a burr model as compared to blade one. In addition to that, you can also pause or stop grinding in between and continue later. All these features simply make burr grinder better than a blade grinder.
2. How to clean a burr coffee grinder?
Proper cleaning of a burr grinder is what makes it last longer. And many units in our best electric coffee grinder reviews comes with a cleaning brush. However, if your unit does not come with a cleaning brush we recommend you to buy it separately. These brushes are inexpensive and make a lot of difference in extending the life of a motor. Certainly, you’re going to use your electric grinder every day. And when you grind beans, there will be some amount of coffee dust leftover. Hence, in order to maintain the great performance of the device, dust-off this ground powder after every use. Let’s make things more simple by converting them into points as points are easy to remember.
- First and most important step is to unplug your electric coffee grinder.
- Then after, remove the hopper and grind chamber and clean it using a lint-free cloth. The main purpose of using lint-free cloth is to avoid any damage because of the fine fibers of the cloth.
- Now take-off upper part of burr and clean both burr surface with a lint-free cloth. If oils of coffee beans are difficult to remove you can make use of damp lint-free cloth. In case, dust powder is hard to clean, make use of toothpicks or vacuum.
- Reassemble all the parts properly after cleaning them. Now you’re ready to grind a fresh batch of coffee beans.
Can I use rice to clean burr grinder?
Yes, it is necessary to thoroughly clean your electric burr grinder every 3 to 6 months. But using rice to clean a burr grinder is not a good idea. Even many brands strictly ask buyers not to use rice for deep cleaning of burr grinder as it violets warranty. As a result, you might not get a refund or replacement due to a violation. And as rice is hard, there are high chances it might damage the motor. And once the motor stops working, the whole unit becomes useless. So it is better to use pellets whenever you think of deep cleaning of your burr unit. Pellets are soft than rice and do not contain starch which makes deep cleaning of a unit a breeze. Thus, in order to elongate the life of your best electric burr grinder always follow proper cleaning methods.
homestuffpro.com is reader-supported and a part of the Amazon Affiliates Program. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read our disclosure for more information.