Obviously we all know the basic working of an air purifier. It is meant to purify the air.
But the question arises, which is the best air purifier?
As you know there are thousands of models available in the market for different purposes. Be it a small air purifier, best air purifier for smoke, cigarette smoke air purifiers, and the list continues.
If you easily get ill by allergies, then you’re at the perfect place. Here you will discover the best air purifier for allergies. HEPA technology is specially designed to help people with allergies.
Along with that, our buyer’s guide will sort out a common questions regarding air filters. All your answers are just a few scrolls away.
- 1 List of Best Air Purifier You Can Buy Today
- 2 1. Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover, 465 sq. Ft, HPA300
- 3 2. Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier – Stylish, Efficient and Energy Star (SPA-700A, White, Odor Remover)
- 4 3. Honeywell HPA200 True HEPA Allergen Remover, 310 sq. ft.
- 5 4. Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier (SPA-550A)
- 6 5. Alen BreatheSmart-FLEX-Pure Customizable Air Purifier with HEPA-Pure Filter to Remove Allergies and Dust (White, 1-Pack)
- 7 6. Honeywell 50250-S True HEPA Air Purifier for Allergies, 390 sq. ft.
- 8 7. Dyson Pure Cool Link WiFi-Enabled Air Purifier, White
- 9 8. Honeywell HFD-120-Q QuietClean Tower Air Purifier with Permanent Washable Filters
- 10 9. Ionic Pro 90IP01TA01W Turbo Ionic Air Purifier, 500 sq ft Room Capacity, Black
- 11 10. GermGuardian AC4825 3-in-1 Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter – (best seller)
- 12 11. PureZone Air Purifier – with Whisper-Quiet Operation & Auto Off Timer
- 13 12. Oreck WK16002 Air Response HEPA Purifier with Odor Control for Large Rooms
- 14 13. Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier with HEPA-Pure Filter for Allergies and Dust
- 15 14. LEVOIT LV-PUR131 Air Cleaner for Large Room, Dust, Smoke, Mold, Pets, Smokers, Home, Auto Air Quality Monitor, 322 sq. ft, US-120V
- 16 15. Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier with True HEPA and Eco Mode
- 17 Buyer’s Guide
List of Best Air Purifier You Can Buy Today
|Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover HPA300||4.6||View On Amazon|
|Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA-700A (Amazon Choice)||4.7||View On Amazon|
|Honeywell HPA200||4.5||View On Amazon|
|Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 (SPA-550A)||4.8||View On Amazon|
|Alen BreatheSmart-FLEX||4.4||View On Amazon|
|Honeywell 50250-S, 390 sq. ft||4.2||View On Amazon|
|Dyson Pure Cool Link (WiFi-Enabled)||4.1||View On Amazon|
|Honeywell HFD-120-Q||4.7||View On Amazon|
|Envion Ionic Pro 90IP01TA01W||4.1||View On Amazon|
|GermGuardian AC4825 (Best Seller)||4.3||View On Amazon|
|PureZone 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier||4.6||View On Amazon|
|Oreck WK16002 Air Response HEPA Purifier||4.0||View On Amazon|
|Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier||4.6||View On Amazon|
|LEVOIT LV-PUR131||4.4||View On Amazon|
|Coway AP-1512HH with Eco Mode||4.5||View On Amazon|
Therefore, our aim is to help you find the perfect product by providing best air purifier reviews.
1. Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover, 465 sq. Ft, HPA300
The HEPA technology in Honeywell HPA300 catches minute air particles and purifies them. A person suffering from sinusitis or air-borne allergies can really benefit from this.
You might be curious to know how this thing works.
Well, this device continuously draws in pollutants from the indoor atmosphere. Further, its active carbon pre-filter absorbs odor, dust, pollen, pet dander, and smoke particles. Which is followed by thick layers of HEPA filters that effectively cleans the air.
This quite purifier does not make any annoying sounds. It offers superior airflow with no noise at all. Impressive right?
It is very easy to maintain this product. You just need to change pre-filters every three months to keep its efficiency intact. The light indicator informs you when you need to change them.
Why Honeywell HPA-300 is the best air purifier?
It sucks pollutants from the front part and releases pure air from the top. Making it convenient to keep beside the wall. Hence, saves floor space.
Apart from that, it posses features of auto shut-off. You can select a time from 2, 4 or 8 hours.
2. Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier – Stylish, Efficient and Energy Star (SPA-700A, White, Odor Remover)
Rabbit air minusA2 uses the HEPA filtration system that has 6 stages of purification. Apart from helping you breath clean air, it also makes sure that it is odorless. Means no stinking or artificial perfumes in the air.
From its features to designs, all make this product fall under top rated air purifiers. Artist design models make your room look beautiful along with supplying fresh air.
Apart from that, its six-stage filtration process traps minute allergens and bacteria, removes odor and absorbs toxin substance. The reason we said it an all-rounder.
Pre-filters of this model are washable and permanent. It means no need to purchase and replace them every three months.
Why is one of the best home air purifier?
It can simply stand-alone or you can mount it on the wall. In addition, its childproof technology is really impressive. It pauses the purification process whenever the front panel is removed.
Some of its models are accessible through WiFi. It allows you to control the device from anywhere using a mobile application.
No need to worry about pollen season anymore. This model has a pollen mode which makes it the best air purifier for allergies.
Also, the led light on its front side displays a soothing spectrum of colors. It is super quiet and easy to maintain.
3. Honeywell HPA200 True HEPA Allergen Remover, 310 sq. ft.
HPA200 is an affordable Honeywell purifier capable to help clean the air in a mid-size to a large bedroom.
True HEPA allergen remover traps 99.97% of microscopic allergens and bacteria. Hence, prevents you from viruses they carry.
In addition, the carbon active pre-filter catches large dust particles before they enter HEPA filters. Thus, increase the longevity of the device.
You can leave it on for straight 12 hours without hesitation. It does produce burning smell even after using it for a long period of time. Every time you turn on this device, all you get is fresh and clean air.
Do not worry about product quality. All safety measures and testing are performed in order to provide you the best home air purifier.
This model is budget-friendly and energy-efficient. If you want to get all the benefits of a purifier without spending too many dollars, then this one is just perfect for you.
4. Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier (SPA-550A)
If you want super clean air without compromising your room’s decor, this model is made for you.
Rabbit air bioGs 2.0 has received several international awards for its unique design. Besides that, it comes in leafy green and royal blue color. You will definitely fall in love with this product.
BLDC motors run this device on very low sound. Plus, the lowest speed is virtually silent. Making it perfect for your kid’s room.
It cleans air with 4 step purification process. Plus the bioGS HEPA and carbon filters lasts up to 3 years. The pre-filter is washable and permanent, which means no need to spend money every 3 months.
BioGS technology traps microns and allergens effectively. Further, it also reduces the growth of bacteria inside filters. Thus, increase its life span.
5. Alen BreatheSmart-FLEX-Pure Customizable Air Purifier with HEPA-Pure Filter to Remove Allergies and Dust (White, 1-Pack)
This brand might not be much familiar to you but its excellent features make it number #5 on our best air filter reviews.
They provide a wide range of colors to select from. And trust us, you will want all of them once you see them.
Different features are available in this model. You can select the most appropriate one according to your requirements. They offer:
- Antibacterial smart bundle
- Basic smart bundle
- Fur family smart bundle
- Household chemicals
- Pet and diaper odor
A smart bundle includes a pair of basic or antibacterial HEPA filters.
What makes this product interesting?
They offer a lifetime warranty. Unbelievable right? But yes they do. They also provide free phone consultations to every new buyer.
The basic model is best to clean dust and foreign particles present indoors. It is most effective in areas with higher pollution. You can also call it the best air purifier for dust.
Similarly, the rest of the models are experts in their respective fields.
6. Honeywell 50250-S True HEPA Air Purifier for Allergies, 390 sq. ft.
Need an air purifier for a large room? Well, this Honeywell True HEPA air purifier is just perfect for large spaces.
How is this model unique from others?
Its 360 degrees design captures dusty air from all directions. The powerful fan motor then spreads clean air in the surroundings. In addition, surround-seal technology prevents air leakage. And finally, true HEPA filters capture tiny particles as small as 0.3 microns. Thus, it makes it the best air purifier for allergies.
Now you must be wondering about the efficiency of this device.
This product works efficiently in small rooms as well as large rooms. You can keep it in your bedroom, living room or kitchen.
Apart from that it easily works on minute airborne particles. It helps with odor, tobacco smoke, pet dander, bacteria, and household dust.
This device is easy to maintain and require manual changing of filters every three months. A led light reminds you when to change it. They can be easily replaced without using special tools.
7. Dyson Pure Cool Link WiFi-Enabled Air Purifier, White
We are almost at half-way of our best air cleaner reviews. And here we have one more special product for you.
Dyson air purifier, surely it will amaze you with its excellent features.
It is a WiFi-enabled air purifier. You can easily access it through mobile applications. Or you can control it through Amazon Alexa.
Secondly, it has dual functionality. It purifies the air all round the year and in summers, cools you down with fan mode. Ain’t that fantastic?
Apart from it, the second layer of filtration captures household odors and volatile chemical compounds like paint fumes.
360 air inlet captures dust from all directions. Further, long-range design circulates fresh and clean air thoroughly across the room.
Lastly, it has no fast-spinning blades which means it is safe to leave kids and pets alone with it.
8. Honeywell HFD-120-Q QuietClean Tower Air Purifier with Permanent Washable Filters
The HFD-120Q is one of the quietest air purifier. It comes with a washable air filter that reduces your air filter replacement cost.
It has three cleaning levels. First one captures large dust particles. The second level traps kitchen odor, pollen, smoke and pet dander. The last level captures and kills bacteria and viruses. Finally, the oscillating movement effectively transfers pure air around the room.
The filter check indicator informs you when to wash filters. Dispatching them from the device is very easy and requires no tools.
To increase life span, use genuine Honeywell replacement filters. It will also ensure proper working of the device.
9. Ionic Pro 90IP01TA01W Turbo Ionic Air Purifier, 500 sq ft Room Capacity, Black
Here we present you one of the best ionic air purifier. Heating through ionic technology makes it different from other models.
Its simple black color will surely suit your bedroom and living room. Plus the sleek tower design requires less space.
You might be really interested to know its special features.
It uses energy less than a fluorescent bulb. So no need to worry about power consumption and electricity bill. Which makes it the most energy-efficient air purifier.
You can easily clean the front blade filters with a clean damp cloth. Hence, cuts the cost of purchasing a new filter every month.
The simple button controls are easy to use. You can choose speed from low, mid and high according to the size of the room.
It is proven to remove 99.9% of airborne germs that carry cold and flu viruses. This device is a must-have for smokers and smoking households. Further, it also captures pet odor and dander. Thus, we can conclude it is a whole-house air purifier.
10. GermGuardian AC4825 3-in-1 Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter – (best seller)
GermGuardian air purifier is one of the best selling air purifiers in the market.
What makes this product different from the rest? Lets check it out.
The air is filtered through 3 stages. The first layer of charcoal traps large dust and pet hair which helps to extend the life of the product. Plus, it also absorbs household odors from the kitchen, dustbin, and pets.
The second layer consists of true HEPA filters. They trap allergens, micro dust particles, and pollen. Hence, protects you against viruses they carry.
Finally, UV-C technology traps airborne germs like staph, pneumonia, rhinovirus and influenza. UV light activates titanium dioxide which in turn decomposes remaining molecules. Therefore, it makes it the best UV-Proof air purifier.
Easy to use control buttons on the top of the device makes it convenient to operate manually. Plus the led light indicates when you need to change the filter.
11. PureZone Air Purifier – with Whisper-Quiet Operation & Auto Off Timer
Here is another cheap UV air purifier.
Lets understand its 3-in-1 filter + UV light technology:
- Pre-filter: It traps large and medium-sized dust particles and allergens.
- Activated carbon: Absorbs odor of cigarette, kitchen smoke, glues, and adhesives.
- HEPA filters: captures tiny dust particles, smoke, allergens, and pollen.
- UV-C light: Kills microorganisms like viruses, bacteria, and fungi.
The lightweight of this product makes it easy to shift from one place to another. It has three speed options: low, medium and high.
This quite air purifier hardly makes any noise. You can place it in your kid’s bedroom without worrying about sleep disturbance.
LED light informs you whenever there is a need to change the filter. Also, it is very easy to change them manually without using any special tools.
In addition, the automatic timer shuts down the unit after specific hours of continuous use. Therefore you do not need to worry about turning the device off.
This Oreck air purifier has a dust sense technology. This automatically monitors and responds to airborne particles present inside the room.
Secondly, it has an air quality indicator bar that detects the current atmosphere of the room by changing colors. Blue color denotes low particle count, purple means medium and red indicates high.
Plus, the powerful 2-stage filtration captures dust and odor effectively. It is the quietest HEPA air purifier. Also, the replacement filter indicator informs you when to change filters.
A built-in timer automatically shuts down the device after specific hours. Thus, saves energy and cuts down electric cost.
It is available in three sizes, for small, medium and large rooms.
13. Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier with HEPA-Pure Filter for Allergies and Dust
Need a product that offers a lifetime guarantee?
Then here’s Alen air purifier with industry’s first and only lifetime guarantee.
It has different features according to your needs. Some of which are:
- Pure, 1-pack
- Nurture Smartbundle
- Household Chemicals, and many more.
You can choose the right model according to your requirement. Also, it comes in various beautiful colors.
The simple yet elegant design of this product will enhance the beauty of your room. It is specially designed for huge spaces. You can say this model is the best large room air purifier.
Its smart sensor feature automatically detects air quality and changes flow according to it.
Pleasant white noise hum does not disturb your sleep. On the other hand, it effectively captures dust, pet dander, smoke, pollen and bacteria as small as 0.3 microns. Hence, protects you from allergies.
14. LEVOIT LV-PUR131 Air Cleaner for Large Room, Dust, Smoke, Mold, Pets, Smokers, Home, Auto Air Quality Monitor, 322 sq. ft, US-120V
- 100% OZONE FREE: Unlike some other brands, Levoit air purifiers are always 100%...
- True HEPA H13 Air Filter: Remove up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen,...
- Smoke Eater and Odor Eliminators: With Honeycomb activated carbon filter, True...
This Levoit air purifier secured the second last position in our review.
It is ideal during the spring season as there are high chances of getting ill due to allergies. Which makes it fall under the best air purifier for allergies.
Three stages of filtration include pre-filter, true HEPA filters, and activated carbon filter.
If you suffer from cold and stuffy nose frequently, then this device proves to be best. It also helps you to get rid of common allergies caused due to dust, pollen, and bacteria. Also, it efficiently traps odor, cigarette smoke, pet dander, cooking smells, etc.
Sleep mode, a wonderful feature of this product, sets the device to the lowest setting without creating noise. Hence, you can have a peaceful sleep at night.
Do you know what makes it different from rest products?
This device is 100% ozone free. Meaning, this device do not generate harmful chemical that affects your health as well as environment.
15. Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier with True HEPA and Eco Mode
- Coway Mighty (AP-1512HH) is designed to accommodate room sizes up to 361 sq.ft...
- 4 Stage Filtration System (Pre-filter, Deodorization filter, True HEPA filter,...
- Coway Mighty pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality in real-time. The...
Here we review our last product from the best air purifiers list. Trust us, this is last but not the least.
Attractive design and compact size are the two best qualities of this coway air purifier.
Now let’s take a look at its cleaning process.
It cleans air through strict 4-stages of filtration as mentioned below:
- Washable pre-filter: It captures large particles of hair, pet fur and dust.
- Odor filter: Advance activated carbon traps unpleasant smell and harmful gases.
- Hepa filter: Catches airborne allergens like pollen, bacteria, etc.
- Vital ionizer: Generates negative ions in order to clean air.
What makes it unique from other models?
It have eco mode which automatically shut down fan after 30 minutes if no pollution is detected.
Further, air quality indicator uses particle sensor technology to monitor indoor air and changes color accordingly.
So here we complete our best air purifier reviews and now let us move towards the buyer’s guide. It will solve some general questions regarding air cleaners along with providing some useful information.
Also, read our review on a space heater to keep your room warm. We always test these products before writing any review. To get the best deals or to upgrade our house with the best quality home improvement products, keeping coming back to our site.
1. How Does An Air Purifier Work?
The process of purifying air depends upon the mechanism and technology of the purifier. Different technologies clean air in different manners.
Five technologies widely used are:
- Basic filters
- HEPA filters
- Ionizing Purifiers
- Ozone Generators
- Absorbents (Activated Charcoal)
- UV Light Purifier
Let us understand them briefly:
Basic filters are small grill sieves that trap large particles of dust, fur, and hair.
HEPA stands for high-efficiency particulate air. The cleaning process forces air to pass through a fine-mesh that traps the smallest airborne particles. It posses an accuracy of 99.97% that effectively captures pollen, pet dander, tobacco smoke, kitchen smell, etc.
Ionic purifiers use a mechanism called corona discharge. Electrical surface produce charged air or gas ions. Now, these ions attach to airborne particles and trap them.
Ozone generators are also known as whole-house air purifiers. They produce ozone which oxidizes other chemicals. Therefore, ozone is a toxic gas and should be used in unoccupied rooms.
Adsorbents are nothing but activated charcoal. Normally they are the first layer of any purifier. They have a very tiny passage. It effectively traps large and medium-size dust particles.
UV purifiers sterilize air that passes through the light. In turn, it destroys harmful bacteria and viruses.
2. Air Purifier vs. Humidifier
Humidifiers and air purifiers are completely different from each other.
An air purifier is meant to trap dust, odor, bacteria, etc. and provide clean air. Whereas, a humidifier is responsible to maintain the right humidity inside your home.
Humidifier adds moisture to an indoor room. It benefits people having respiratory problems and dry skin. They are used especially during winters when the environment is extremely dry.
3. Can You Put Essential Oils In Air Filter?
You can definitely use essential oils inside air filters. They help to kill germs along with spreading pleasant smell.
Now you might be wondering, how to put essential oils inside air filter? Just follow the below-mentioned step.
- Purchase a new air filter. This will help to maximize the benefits of essential oils. You can also use the old one, but will not get the desired results.
- Pick an essential oil of your choice.
- Put 15-20 drops all over the filter. (Do not put more than 20 drops)
- Now place the filter back into purifier and enjoy a fresh and healthy flow of air.
4. What Are the Benefits of Air Purifiers?
No matter where you live, downtown, city center or a locality with less traffic, air always contains bacteria and dust. Air purifiers are the best way to deal with many problems. Benefits of using them are:
- It helps with chronic sinusitis and respiratory problems.
- Eliminate odd smell while preparing food.
- Traps airborne particles that carry flu, bacteria, and viruses.
- Captures germs and tiny fur of your pets. It also avoids pet allergies.
- It helps to get rid of air pollutants especially if you are living in a polluted area.
- Traps pollen, the main cause for illness during springtime.
- It provides fresh and clean air which in turn benefits your lungs.