Obviously we all know the basic working of an air purifier. It is meant to purify air.
But the question arises, which is the best air purifier?
As you know there are thousands of models available in the market for different purposes. Be it small air purifier, best air purifier for smoke, cigarette smoke air purifiers and the list continues.
If you easily get ill by allergies, then you’re at perfect place. Here you will discover the best air purifier for allergies. HEPA technology is specially designed to help people with allergies.
Along with that, our buyer’s guide will sort out common question regarding air filters. All your answers are just few scrolls away.
- 1 List of Best Air Purifier You Can Buy Today
- 2 1. Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover, 465 sq. Ft, HPA300
- 3 2. Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier – Stylish, Efficient and Energy Star (SPA-700A, White, Odor Remover)
- 4 3. Honeywell HPA200 True HEPA Allergen Remover, 310 sq. ft.
- 5 4. Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier (SPA-550A)
- 6 5. Alen BreatheSmart-FLEX-Pure Customizable Air Purifier with HEPA-Pure Filter to Remove Allergies and Dust (White, 1-Pack)
- 7 6. Honeywell 50250-S True HEPA Air Purifier, 390 sq. ft.
- 8 7. Dyson Pure Cool Link WiFi-Enabled Air Purifier, White
- 9 8. Honeywell HFD-120-Q QuietClean Tower Air Purifier with Permanent Washable Filters
- 10 9. Ionic Pro 90IP01TA01W Turbo Ionic Air Purifier, 500 sq ft Room Capacity, Black
- 11 10. GermGuardian AC4825 3-in-1 Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter – (best seller)
- 12 11. PureZone Air Purifier – with Whisper-Quiet Operation & Auto Off Timer
- 13 12. Oreck WK16002 Air Response HEPA Purifier with Odor Control for Large Rooms
- 14 13. Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier with HEPA-Pure Filter for Allergies and Dust
- 15 14. LEVOIT LV-PUR131 Air Cleaner for Large Room, Dust, Smoke, Mold, Pets, Smokers, Home, Auto Air Quality Monitor, 322 sq. ft, US-120V
- 16 15. Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier with True HEPA and Eco Mode
- 17 Buyer’s Guide
List of Best Air Purifier You Can Buy Today
|Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover HPA300||4.6||View On Amazon|
|Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA-700A (Amazon Choice)||4.7||View On Amazon|
|Honeywell HPA200||4.5||View On Amazon|
|Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 (SPA-550A)||4.8||View On Amazon|
|Alen BreatheSmart-FLEX||4.4||View On Amazon|
|Honeywell 50250-S, 390 sq. ft||4.2||View On Amazon|
|Dyson Pure Cool Link (WiFi-Enabled)||4.1||View On Amazon|
|Honeywell HFD-120-Q||4.7||View On Amazon|
|Envion Ionic Pro 90IP01TA01W||4.1||View On Amazon|
|GermGuardian AC4825 (Best Seller)||4.3||View On Amazon|
|PureZone 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier||4.6||View On Amazon|
|Oreck WK16002 Air Response HEPA Purifier||4.0||View On Amazon|
|Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier||4.6||View On Amazon|
|LEVOIT LV-PUR131||4.4||View On Amazon|
|Coway AP-1512HH with Eco Mode||4.5||View On Amazon|
Therefore, our aim is to help you find the perfect product by providing best air purifier reviews.
1. Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover, 465 sq. Ft, HPA300
So here we start our review with honeywell true hepa air purifier. It holds #1 position in our review list. What makes it so special?
This model uses hepa technology. It catches minute air particles and purifies them. Person suffering from sinusitis or air-borne allergies can really benefit from this.
You might be curious to know how this thing works.
Well, this device continuously draws in pollutants from indoor atmosphere. Further, its active carbon pre-filter absorbs odor, dust, pollen, pet danger and smoke particles. Which is followed by thick layers of hepa filters that effectively cleans the air.
This quite purifier does not make any annoying sounds. It offers superior air flow with no noise at all. Impressive right?
It is very easy to maintain this product. You just need to change pre-filters every three months to keep its efficiency intact. Light indicator informs you when you need to change them.
You know we love most about this product?
It sucks pollutants from the front part and releases pure air from top. Making it convenient to keep beside wall. Hence, saves floor space.
Apart from that, it posses feature of auto shut-off. You can select time from 2, 4 or 8 hours.
2. Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier – Stylish, Efficient and Energy Star (SPA-700A, White, Odor Remover)
This model is all rounder when it comes to purify air. Rabbit air minusA2 uses hepa filtration system that has 6 stages of purification.
So obviously it holds #2 position in our best air purifier list.
From its features to designs, all makes this product fall under top rated air purifiers. Artist design models makes your room look beautiful along with supplying fresh air.
Apart from that, its six stage filtration process traps minute allergens and bacteria, removes odor and absorbs toxin substance. The reason we said it an all rounder.
Pre-filters of this model are washable and permanent. It means no need to purchase and replace them every three months.
What makes it different from other models?
It can simply stand alone or you can mount it on the wall. In addition, its childproof technology is really impressive. It pauses purification process whenever front panel is removed.
Some of its model are accessible through WiFi. It allows you to control the device from anywhere using mobile application.
No need to worry about pollen season anymore. This model have pollen mode which makes it best air purifier for allergies.
Also the led light on its front side displays soothing spectrum of colors. It is super quite and easy to maintain.
3. Honeywell HPA200 True HEPA Allergen Remover, 310 sq. ft.
Here we present you another amazing honeywell air purifier.
What makes it stand on number #3 on our best air purifier list?
This model is budget friendly and energy efficient. If you want to get all benefits of a purifier without spending too much dollars, then this one is just perfect for you.
True hepa allergen remover traps 99.97% of microscopic allergens and bacteria. Hence, prevents you from viruses they carry.
In addition, the carbon active pre-filter catches large dust particles before they enter hepa filters. Thus, increase longevity of device.
You can leave it on for straight 12 hours without hesitation. It does produce burning smell even after using it for long period of time. Every time you turn on this device, all you get is fresh and clean air.
Do not worry about the product quality. All safety measures and testing are performed in order to provide you the best home air purifier.
4. Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier (SPA-550A)
If you want super clean air without compromising your room’s decor, this model is made for you.
Rabbit air bioGs 2.0 have received several international award for its unique design. Besides that, it comes in leafy green and royal blue color. You will definitely fall in love with this product.
BLDC motors runs this device on very low sound. Plus, the lowest speed is virtually silent. Making it perfect for your kids room.
It cleans air with 4 step purification process. Plus the bioGS hepa and carbon filters lasts up to 3 years. The pre-filter is washable and permanent, which means no need to spend money every 3 months.
The bioGS technology traps microns and allergens effectively. Further, it also reduces growth of bacteria inside filters. Thus, increase its life span.
5. Alen BreatheSmart-FLEX-Pure Customizable Air Purifier with HEPA-Pure Filter to Remove Allergies and Dust (White, 1-Pack)
This brand might not be much familiar to you but its excellent features makes it number #5 on our best air filter reviews.
They provide wide range of colors to select from. And trust us, you will want all of them once you see them.
Different features are available in this model. You can select the most appropriate one according to your requirement. They offer:
- Antibacterial smart bundle
- Basic smart bundle
- Fur family smart bundle
- Household chemicals
- Pet and diaper odor
Smart bundle includes pair of basic or antibacterial hepa filters.
What makes this product interesting?
They offer lifetime warranty. Unbelievable right? But yes they do. Also they provide free phone consultation to every new buyer.
Basic model is best to clean dust and foreign particles present indoors. It is most effective in areas with higher pollution. You can also call it best air purifier for dust.
Similarly, rest of the models are expert in their respective fields.
6. Honeywell 50250-S True HEPA Air Purifier, 390 sq. ft.
Need an air purifier for large room? Well this honeywell true hepa air purifier is just perfect for large spaces.
How is this model unique from others?
Its 360 degrees design captures dusty air from all directions. The powerful fan motor then spreads clean air in surroundings. In addition, surround-seal technology prevents air leakage. And finally, true hepa filters captures tiny particles as small as 0.3 microns. Thus, makes it best air purifier for allergies.
Now you must be wondering about efficiency of this device.
This product works efficiently in small rooms as well as large rooms. You can keep it in your bedroom, living room or kitchen.
Apart from that it easily works on minute airborne particles. It helps with odor, tobacco smoke, pet dander, bacteria and household dust.
This device is easy to maintain and require manual changing of filters every three months. A led light reminds you when to change it. They can be easily replaced without using special tools.
7. Dyson Pure Cool Link WiFi-Enabled Air Purifier, White
We are almost at halfway of our best air cleaner reviews. And here we have one more special product for you.
Dyson air purifier, surely it will amaze you with its excellent features.
First of all, it is WiFi enabled air purifier. You can easily access it through mobile application. Or you can control it through amazon alexa.
Secondly, it have dual functionality. It purifies air all round the year and in summers, cools you down with fan mode. Ain’t that fantastic?
Apart from it, the second layer of filtration captures household odors and volatile chemical compounds like paint fumes.
360 air inlet captures dust from all directions. Further, long-range design circulates fresh and clean air thoroughly across the room.
Lastly, it has no fast spinning blades which means it is safe to leave kids and pets alone with it.
8. Honeywell HFD-120-Q QuietClean Tower Air Purifier with Permanent Washable Filters
Here comes another honeywell air purifier and this time budget friendly.
This air purifier with washable filter cuts down cost of replacing filters every month.
It has three cleaning levels. First one captures large dust particles. Second level traps kitchen odor, pollen, smoke and pet dander. Last level, captures and kills bacteria and viruses. Finally, oscillating movement effectively transfers pure air around the room.
Filter check indicator informs you when to wash filters. Dispatching them from device is very easy and require no tools.
To increase life span, use genuine honeywell replacement filters. It will also ensure proper working of device.
9. Ionic Pro 90IP01TA01W Turbo Ionic Air Purifier, 500 sq ft Room Capacity, Black
Here we present you one of the best ionic air purifier. Heating through ionic technology makes it different from other models.
Its simple black color will surely suit your bedroom and living room. Plus the sleek tower design requires less space.
You might be really interested to know its special features.
It uses energy less than a florescent bulb. So no need to worry about power consumption and electricity bill. Which makes it most energy efficient air purifier.
You can easily clean the front blade filters with clean damp cloth. Hence, cuts the cost of purchasing new filter every month.
The simple button controls are easy to use. You can choose speed from low, med and high according to the size of room.
Also it is proven to remove 99.9% of airborne germs which carries cold and flu viruses. This device is must have for smokers and smoking households. Further, it also captures pet odor and dander. Thus, we can conclude it is a whole house air purifier.
10. GermGuardian AC4825 3-in-1 Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter – (best seller)
On number #10 we have germguardian air purifier. This is one of the best selling air purifier on amazon.
What makes this product different from the rest? Lets check it out.
The air is filtered through 3 stages. First layer of charcoal traps large dust and pet hair which that helps to extend life of the product. Plus, it also absorbs household odors from kitchen, dustbin and pets.
Second layer consists of true hepa filters. They trap allergens, micro dust particles and pollen. Hence, protects you against viruses they carry.
Finally, UV-C technology traps airborne germs like staph, pneumonia, rhinovirus and influenza. UV light activates titanium dioxide which in turn decomposes remaining molecules. Therefore, makes it best uv air purifier.
Easy to use control buttons on the top of device makes it convenient to operate manually. Plus the led light indicates when you need to change filter.
11. PureZone Air Purifier – with Whisper-Quiet Operation & Auto Off Timer
Here is another cheap uv air purifier.
Lets understand its 3-in-1 filter + uv light technology:
- Pre-filter: It traps large and medium sized dust particles and allergens.
- Activated carbon: Absorbs odor of cigarette, kitchen smoke, glues and adhesives.
- HEPA filters: captures tiny dust particles, smoke, allergens and pollen.
- UV-C light: Kills microorganisms like viruses, bacteria and fungi.
Light weight of this product makes it easy to shift from one place to another. It has three speed options: low, medium and high.
This quite air purifier hardly makes any noise. You can place it in your kids bedroom without worrying about sleep disturbance.
LED light informs you whenever there is need to change filter. Also it is very easy to change them manually without using any special tools.
In addition, the automatic timer shuts down the unit after specific hours of continuous use. Therefore you do not need to worry about turning the device off.
Number #12 is acquired by oreck air purifier. What makes this product different from others?
First of all, it have dustsense technology. This automatically monitors and responds to airborne particles present inside the room.
Secondly, it have air quality indicator bar which detects current atmosphere of room by changing colors. Blue color denotes low particle count, purple means medium and red indicates high.
Plus, the powerful 2-stage filtration captures dust and odor effectively. It is the most quiet hepa air purifier. Also the replacement filter indicator informs you when to change filters.
Built-in timer automatically shuts down the device after specific hours. Thus, saves energy and cuts down electric cost.
It is available in three sizes, for small, medium and large rooms.
13. Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier with HEPA-Pure Filter for Allergies and Dust
Need a product that offers a lifetime guarantee?
Then here’s alen air purifier with industry’s first and only lifetime guarantee.
It has different features according to your need. Some of which are:
- Pure, 1-pack
- Nurture Smartbundle
- Household Chemicals, and many more.
You can choose the right model according to your requirement. Also it comes in various beautiful colors.
The simple yet elegant design of this product will enhance beauty of your room. It is specially designed for huge spaces. You can say this model is best large room air purifier.
Its smart sensor feature automatically detects air quality and changes flow according to it.
Pleasant white noise hum does not disturb your sleep. On the other hand, it effectively captures dust, pet dander, smoke, pollen and bacteria as small as 0.3 microns. Hence, protects you from allergies.
14. LEVOIT LV-PUR131 Air Cleaner for Large Room, Dust, Smoke, Mold, Pets, Smokers, Home, Auto Air Quality Monitor, 322 sq. ft, US-120V
- 100% OZONE FREE: Unlike some other brands, Levoit air purifiers are always 100%...
- HIGHER EFFICIENCY FOR LARGE ROOM: With Honeycomb actived carbon HEPA filter, the...
- SMART FILTER LIFE: With Amazon's first smart algorithm, our air purifier can...
This levoit air purifier secured second last position in our list of best air purifier reviews.
It is ideal during the spring season as there are high chances of getting ill due to allergies. Which makes it fall under best air purifier for allergies.
Three stages of filtration include: pre-filter, true HEPA filters, and activated carbon filter.
If you suffer from cold and stuffy nose frequently, then this device proves to be best. It also helps you to get rid of common allergies caused due to dust, pollen, and bacteria. Also, it efficiently traps odor, cigarette smoke, pet dander, cooking smell, etc.
Sleep mode, a wonderful feature of this product, sets the device to lowest setting without creating noise. Hence, you can have peaceful sleep at night.
You know what makes it different from rest products?
This device is 100% ozone free. Meaning, this device do not generate harmful chemical that affects your health as well as environment.
15. Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier with True HEPA and Eco Mode
- Coway Mighty (AP-1512HH) is designed to accommodate room sizes up to 361 sq.ft...
- 4 Stage Filtration System (Pre-filter, Deodorization filter, True HEPA filter,...
- Coway Mighty pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality in real-time. The...
Here we review our last product from best air purifiers list. Trust us, this is last but not the least.
Attractive design and compact size are two best qualities of this coway air purifier.
Now lets take a look at its cleaning process.
It cleans air through strict 4-stages of filtration as mentioned below:
- Washable pre-filter: It captures large particles of hair, pet fur and dust.
- Odor filter: Advance activated carbon traps unpleasant smell and harmful gases.
- Hepa filter: Catches airborne allergens like pollen, bacteria, etc.
- Vital ionizer: Generates negative ions in order to clean air.
What makes it unique from other models?
It have eco mode which automatically shut down fan after 30 minutes if no pollution is detected.
Further, air quality indicator uses particle sensor technology to monitor indoor air and changes color accordingly.
So here we complete our best air purifier reviews and now let us move towards buyer’s guide. It will solve some general questions regarding air cleaners along with providing some useful information.
Also read our review on space heater to keep your room warm. We always test these products before writing any review. To get best deals or to upgrade our house with best quality home improvement products, keeping coming back to our site.
1. How Does An Air Purifier Work?
Cleaning of air depends upon the mechanism and technology of the purifier. Different technologies clean air in different manners.
Five technologies widely used are:
- Basic filters
- HEPA filters
- Ionizing Purifiers
- Ozone Generators
- Absorbents (Activated Charcoal)
- UV Light Purifier
Let us understand them briefly:
Basic filters are small grill sieves that trap large particles of dust, fur and hairs.
HEPA stands for high efficiency particulate air. The cleaning process forces air to pass through fine mesh that traps smallest airborne particles. It posses accuracy of 99.97% that effectively captures pollen, pet dander, tobacco smoke, kitchen smell, etc.
Ionic purifiers use a mechanism called corona discharge. Electrical surface produce charged air or gas ions. Now these ions attach to airborne particles and traps them.
Ozone generators are also known as whole house air purifiers. They produce ozone which oxidize other chemicals. Therefore, ozone is a toxic gas and should be used in unoccupied rooms.
Adsorbents are nothing but activated charcoal. Normally they are first layer of any purifier. They have very tiny passage. It effectively traps large and medium size dust particles.
UV purifiers sterilizes air that pass through the light. In turn, it destroys harmful bacteria and viruses.
2. Air Purifier vs. Humidifier
Humidifier and air purifier are completely different from each other.
Air purifier is meant to trap dust, odor, bacteria, etc. and provide clean air. Whereas, a humidifier is responsible to maintain the right humidity inside your home.
Humidifier adds moisture to an indoor room. It benefits people having respiratory problems and dry skin. They are used especially during winters when the environment is extremely dry.
3. Can You Put Essential Oils In Air Filter?
You can definitely use essential oils inside air filters. They help to kill germs along with spreading pleasant smell.
Now you might be wondering, how to put essential oils inside air filter? Just follow below mentioned step.
- Purchase a new air filter. This will help to maximize benefits of essential oils. You can also use old one, but will not get desired results.
- Pick an essential oil of your choice.
- Put 15-20 drops all over the filter. (Do not put more than 20 drops)
- Now place the filter back into purifier and enjoy fresh and healthy flow of air.
4. What Are Benefits Of Air Purifier?
No matter where you live, downtown, city center or a locality with less traffic, air always contain bacteria and dust. Air purifiers are best way to deal with many problems. Benefits of using them are:
- Helps with chronic sinusitis and respiratory problems.
- Eliminate odd smell while preparing food.
- Traps airborne particles that carry flu, bacteria and viruses.
- Captures germs and tiny fur of your pets. Also avoids pet allergies.
- It helps to get rid of air pollutants especially if you are living in polluted area.
- Traps pollen, main cause for illness during spring time.
- Provides fresh and clean air which in turn benefits your lungs.