Last Updated on February 6, 2022
Are you looking for a well-balanced 8 foot ladder for cleaning, repair, or decoration purposes? Then we will help you in your search for a high quality 8 ft ladder.
People often step back from buying a ladder for home. And there are several factors behind not buying one. And the most common reason of all is why to buy a ladder when we already have a vacuum cleaner that comes with extension.
Therefore, it is very easy to clean corners of home standing right on the floor or on a step stool. But wait, use of 8 foot ladder is not just limited to clean corners of your home.
- 1 Why You Might Need an 8 Feet Ladder?
- 2 1. Louisville Ladder FS1508 Fiberglass Ladder, 8-Foot
- 3 2. Werner 6208 stepladders – 8 ft Fiberglass Aluminum Ladder
- 4 3. Cosco 8-Foot Signature Series Step Ladder Type 1A – Top Rated Ladder
- 5 4. Select Step 5-Feet to 8-Feet 300-Pound Duty Rating Adjustable Step ladder
- 6 5. Louisville Ladder FS2008 Step Ladder, 8-Feet – 250lb
- 7 6. DeWalt DXL3010-08 – 8-Feet Fiberglass Step Ladder Type IA with 300-Pound Duty Rating
- 8 7. Werner 368 Stepladders, 8 Ft
- 9 Conclusion
Why You Might Need an 8 Feet Ladder?
Ceiling height plays an important role in any home. While there was a time when 8 foot ceiling was considered a standard height, things are very different today. Nowadays, people design home according to their taste and most of the design have high ceilings. And such high ceilings are definitely not easy to with standard vacuum standing on the floor.
Apart from cleaning, there are a lot of things to do around the house where you need a good quality ladder. For example, the step ladder helps you to change old bulbs/lights easily. You can also paint your room or do your baby’s nursery quickly. And they are a great help during birthday and festive decoration, be it for your home or office.
But that does not mean to buy any ladder as not all of them are sturdy enough. And did you know that there are nearly 250 deaths reported from falling off a ladder in the US alone? Whereas, thousands of people get injured, sometimes severely injured due to falling off from the ladder. And surprisingly, the height of these ladders are less than 10 feet.
So no matter how tall or short, you must always buy a ladder that is strong and comfortable. Not only does it reduce the chances of an unfortunate accident but also let you finish work quickly. So below we have a list of best 8 foot ladder that is suitable for different uses. Be it for site work or home renovation, these 8 foot units are comfortable to work with ceiling height up to 10 ft or higher.
|Louisville Ladder FS1508||Fiberglass||300 Pounds||Check Price|
|Werner 6208||Fiberglass||300 Pounds||Check Price|
|Cosco 8-Foot Signature||Aluminum||300 Pounds||Check Price|
|Little Giant Ladder 5-8 Ft||Aluminum||300 Pounds||Check Price|
|Louisville FS2008||Fiberglass||250 Pounds||Check Price|
|DeWalt DXL3010-08||Fiberglass||300 Pounds||Check Price|
|Werner 368 Stepladders||Aluminum||200 Pounds||Check Price|
1. Louisville Ladder FS1508 Fiberglass Ladder, 8-Foot
If you’re a DIY enthusiast who loves to repaint and decorate home then here’s a perfect product for you. Louisville FS1508 8 foot fiberglass ladder with exclusive ‘raptor top’ system holds different tools safely on top. As a result, you do not have to climb up and down again and again just to grab different tools. Or neither you have to keep a number of tools attached to your waist tool bag.
This raptor top includes a magnet tray, hardware tray, curved front, drill, and tools slot. Therefore, you can place long nails to medium size tools at a handy location. This, in turn, will double the speed of your work. If not tools, you can also place a small paint bucket on top and hang a medium size paint bucket on the side. So if you love to redo rooms of your home then Louisville fiberglass ladder is the solution.
Unlike aluminum or steel, it is fiberglass material. This premium, non-conductive fiberglass ladder is perfect to work with electric issues. It resists electricity which makes them safe for site use. In addition, there are spreader braces inside fiberglass rails. These braces help keep them getting hooked or abused during transit. Plus, all 8 steps are double rivetted to ensure safety while climbing.
Good stability is important while you’re on top. And thanks to exclusive raptor boot bottom of Louisville ladder that provides unparalleled stability. This heavy-duty, impact-resistant bottom does not slip or wobble even if the floor is smooth. And in addition to stable bottom, Louisville features exclusive SHOX system. This system provides extra durability and prevents accidental mishandling. So be it for job site or home use, Louisville FS1508 8 foot ladder will ease your work.
- Handy plastic tool tray
- Molded-in pail holder
- Pinchless spreader bar
- Slip-resistant rubber feet
- 300 lb duty
- Fiberglass rail protection
- Meets CSA and ANSI standards
- 90-day limited warranty
- Pro-top design of the unit lets you keep various tools and materials right on top
- Thick slip-resistant rubber tread keeps the unit steady in place
- You can even keep a paint bucket on top or hang it on the side to easily finish the painting job
- In total, it offers 300 pounds of load capacity including both user and tools
- Each step is secured with 6 large-head semi-tubular steel rivets that offer maximum strength
- Meets OSHA, CSA and ANSI standards
- Hard to find one
2. Werner 6208 stepladders – 8 ft Fiberglass Aluminum Ladder
Wooden ceilings are great to look at. They make space look rich. But they also need extra care as wood is not suitable for every region. And if you’ve got wooden ceiling at your home then Werner 6208 8-foot stepladder will help you with that. This heavy-duty, industrial-grade product is ideal for both job-site and residential use. And the best part is, it is a stepladder means you can comfortably stand on the step as long as you finish your job.
The aluminum steps are can hold up to 300 lbs of weight. And these traction-tred steps are slip resistant which reduces the chance of an accident. While the steps are made of aluminum, the rails are made of fiberglass. And the use of non-conductive fiberglass material on rails makes the ladder safe for electrical works. Thus, you can worry-free change bulbs of your house or garage.
Werner Ladder 6208 features a plastic holster top. Such kind of top safely holds a gallon or quart of paint. You can easily finish a painting job that requires a brush and paint. Or simply take advantage of height to paint spray walls of the home. Apart from paint bucket, the top provides room to keep cordless drill, fasteners or hand tools. In addition to storage, the holster top includes a lock-in accessory feature. This goes well for accessories like the Toollasso and Jobbucket.
Plastic EDGE bracing at the base provides strength and stability to the entire unit. Here the EDGE stands for energy diffusing geometry. These molded braces of 8 ft step ladder protect the product against damage during use and transport. So one sure thing with Werner 6208 is you’ll not have to look for new ladder after several uses. Thanks to solid construction and extra stability of the unit that remains intact even after years of use.
- 300-pound capacity
- Plastic holster top
- Slip-resistant steps
- Non-conductive fiberglass rails
- EDGE molded brace
- Double riveted steps
- The heavy-duty construction of the product is ideal for both industrial and residential use
- Top with lock-in accessory feature securely holds tools and accessories for smooth operation
- Molded braces in combination with footpad add strength
- Fiberglass rails are electrically non-conductive and safer to use for electric works
- Anti-slip design of each step prevents your foot from slipping while you climb up or down
- All the steps are double riveted to ensure user safety
- The top shelf is relatively narrow
3. Cosco 8-Foot Signature Series Step Ladder Type 1A – Top Rated Ladder
You might not need an expensive product for occasional use around your home. And Cosco 8 foot step ladder is perfect for residential use. First of all, it has a budget-friendly price tag that attracts many homeowners. And in spite of such low price, quality of Cosco 2081AABLD is very impressive. It is not bulky in size which results in lightweight of the unit. Therefore, one can easily carry the ladder from one part of the home to another.
Aluminum rails and steps are the reason behind the product having less weight. It weighs around 22 pounds which is easy to carry for adults as well as elderly people. But despite lightweight, the aluminum ladder supports up to 300 lbs of weight. Therefore, you can tackle everyday tasks such as cleaning and dusting easily. And it is best for occasional use like cleaning of outdoor gutter before rain or snow strikes.
Many bulky units require a lot of effort to open and close them. But this is not the case with Cosco aluminum ladder 8 ft. It features one-hand lock /release latch that easily folds and opens up when you need. This, in turn, saves a lot of time and energy of the user. Thus, you can double the productivity with such smooth functioning product.
Just like many high-end, industrial-grade units, Cosco 2081AABLD also features tray on top. But instead of a single tray, it provides you with two project trays on top. While one tray is ideal for keeping tools and accessories, another flat base tray is perfect to keep paint buckets. And the best part is, it also provides a paper towel holder that you need most while dealing with paint.
- Patented aluminum box frame design
- 2 project trays
- All aluminum construction
- Lightweight design
- Slip-resistant tread design
- Carrying handle
- One-hand lock/release latch
- Lightweight aluminum along with carrying handle with lock eases transportation of the unit
- Large platform step lets you work freely and comfortably for a long period
- Tread design resists slipping of a ladder while you climb up or down
- A paper towel holder on the side is best for people who love to paint and redo the interior
- Cosco 2081AABLD is one of the best 8 ft ladders for home use
- The unit provides 2 project trays on top for smooth, effortless working
- Relatively no downside
4. Select Step 5-Feet to 8-Feet 300-Pound Duty Rating Adjustable Step ladder
Common people do not make use of ladders on a regular basis. So they need a good grip to hold on while they’re on top steps. Thanks to safety handrail design of Little Giant adjustable step ladder. Presence of handrail on the front makes you feel more comfortable and balanced while you’re on top steps. As a result, your working speed increases when you feel a great sense of balance.
Another attractive feature of the Little Giant ladder has gliding wheels on one side. So instead of carrying the heavy unit from one place to another, you can simply save your back from sprain by gliding it across rooms. Also, the weight of the product is 37.9 pounds which is not that easy to move alone, especially for elderly people. These wheels come up and lock easily in place.
Just like above products on the list, this 8 foot Giant Little adjustable ladder can also hold up to 300 pounds on both sides. Plus, it meets or exceeds all applicable safety standards for user safety and product quality. So no need to worry about rusting or loosening of any part as Giant Little 15125-001 will last for years. Thus, you can climb up and down several times without any of the steps loosening over time.
Storage is an issue for many as not many apartments have an 8 foot long storage space. But thanks to the adjustable design of the unit that allows you to adjust the height. Therefore, you can easily set an appropriate height in between 5 foot to 8 foot. In fact, you can also use the ladder on stairs or set it on 90-degree position against a wall. So apart from ceilings, there are a lot more things you can do with Little Giant 15125-001.
- 5-8 foot adjustable unit
- Full foot support
- Safety handrail
- 90-degree adjustment
- Tip and glide wheels
- 300 pound capacity
- Limited lifetime warranty
- The product meets or exceeds safety and quality standards such as OSHA and ANSI
- Smooth gliding wheels on bottom eases transportation of unit with minimal effort
- Rock lock system allows you to adjust the height of the ladder quickly and easily
- You can even use the unit on stairs to fix chandelier or staircase light
- Handrail on the front lets the user work comfortably as well as provides a sense of safety and balance
- This Little Giant unit is backed with a limited lifetime warranty that tells a lot about product quality
- Opening/closing is tricky initially
5. Louisville Ladder FS2008 Step Ladder, 8-Feet – 250lb
With age comes more caution when you’re climbing up any ladder. So you look for a steady product that can lift your weight without wobbling. And Louisville fiberglass ladder is just perfect for elderly people who want a lightweight yet sturdy unit. Thanks to the fiberglass construction that accounts for lightweight. The unit weighs nearly 22 pounds which is easy to carry from place to place.
In addition to lightweight, fiberglass is non-conductive. Therefore, which means you’re safer while you change bulbs or repair any ceiling light. Unlike ordinary color, fiberglass frame of Louisville FS2008 is bright yellow in color. So yes, the unit is both beautiful and solid to work comfortably. It is perfect for home use with ceiling height up to 12 feet.
Apart from using Louisville 8 foot ladder on a flat surface, you can also use it against the wall, building, poles, etc. Credit goes to its V-shape pro top that lets you position ladder in different angles. Speaking of top, FS2008 includes magnet tray, hardware tray, drill and tool slots. While the magnet tray holds tiny screws and bolts in place, hardware tray holds a screwdriver, wrench, etc.
- 250-pound weight capacity
- Fiberglass rails
- Molded top with tool slots
- Pinch-resistant spreader braces
- Reinforced bottom brace
- Double-rivet step construction
- Limited warranty
- Molded top with handy tool slots increases productivity by saving your time
- Anti-slip rubber feet prevents accidental tipping of unit while you climb up or down
- The product meets or exceeds all safety standards set by ANSI and OSHA
- Fiberglass rails are safer than aluminum when you work with electric equipment
- V-shape top lets you lean the ladder against a wall, building, poles, etc
- The unit is not too heavy in terms of both weight and budget, thus perfect for residential use
- The weight carrying capacity is low as compared to above units on the list
6. DeWalt DXL3010-08 – 8-Feet Fiberglass Step Ladder Type IA with 300-Pound Duty Rating
Elegant design and smooth finish of Dewalt DXL3010-08 is loved by many buyers. This type IA 8 feet fiberglass ladder is perfect for both home and commercial use. With 300 pounds of work capacity, Dewalt has many practical benefits. Unlike all steps of the same size, it comprises of mega steps that are designed to provide 25% more standing surface. Therefore, you will not have to adjust your feet while you climb up or down the ladder.
For extra strength and stability, Dewalt step ladder 8 ft features double rivet step construction. Each of the steps has an angle brace and is secured with 6 large head. In addition to that, it comprises of semi-tubular steel rivets that further adds strength. So one sure thing with DXL3010-08 is, you will get more foot space that will let you work comfortably for hours.
The bottom part of the ladder experiences major impacts. But thanks to impact absorption system of Dewalt DXL3010-08 that prevent drop damage to the lower section of the ladder. It absorbs daily abuse from heavy-duty contractors. This also prevents widening or wobbling of the unit due to unbalanced bottom. Plus, less impact means a long life of the product. Thus, you will not have to look for a new unit in the near future even if you use this 8 foot step ladder daily.
- 300 pounds load capacity
- 3-3/4-inch step depth
- Double rivet gusset construction
- Impact absorption system
- Non-conductive rails
- Top basket with magnet
- 3-year warranty
- It stands as one of the top-rated ladders on amazon for both residential and commercial use
- Extra thick spreader braces inside of fiberglass rails protect braces and ensure longevity
- DXL3010-08 provides 25 percent more step surface for comfortable working
- Handy top includes a magnet and hardware tray along with a paint bucket and 2×4 pipe holder
- Non-conductive full fiberglass rails ensure user safety when working with electrical sites
- Heavy, not easy to lift and transport single-handedly
7. Werner 368 Stepladders, 8 Ft
A light step ladder like Werner 368 8 ft ladder is just perfect for a household. First of all, it is extremely lightweight, weighing nearly 10 pounds. And such lightweight is easy for teenagers, adults and elderly people to carry around. Its all-aluminum construction is the reason behind unit weighing so less. This lightweight yet sturdy aluminum makes it one of the best step ladders for home use or light commercial use.
Braced bottom and top add strength to the entire unit. It helps the product remain steady while you are on top or when you climb up/down. In addition to solid braces, the slip-resistant traction-tred prevents tipping or slipping of the ladder when on a smooth surface. So be it tiles or concrete surface, Werner 368 will not let you fall down.
One thing you need to take care about is, do not overload the ladder. The work capacity of Werner 368 is 250 pounds including both user and tools. And speaking of tools, this Werner ladder also features tool tray on top. Its patented Tool-Tra-Top is convenient for keeping paint cans, paint roller trays, etc. You can even hang the right size paper towel on the side that helps with your painting project.
- 250-pound capacity
- Slip-resistant steps
- Pinch-proof spreaders
- Braced bottom
- Molded foot pads
- Lifetime warranty against parts and labor
- Extreme lightweight(10 lbs) is easy for users to transport the unit from place to place
- Molded foot pads provide good grip as well as balances ladder while you climb up/down
- It is one of the best 8 foot ladders for painting and other DIY household projects
- Sturdy paint can hanger on side lets you complete paint jobs comfortably
- The unit comprises of a pail shelf with rag rail and tool holders for convenient working
- Not ideal for heavy-duty job site use
- Absence of fiberglass makes it less safe with electrical work
A right height of the ladder will help you tackle many household and job site projects easily. You can choose the type of unit according to the need. It may be lightweight aluminum for home use or fiberglass ladder that is more safe with electrical projects. An 8-foot ladder is a perfect choice for homes with ceiling height up to 12 feet. An adult with average height can easily finish most of the projects using an 8 foot step ladder. Step ladders are extremely comfortable and provide the right balance in order to help you finish your task smoothly.
homestuffpro.com is reader-supported and a part of the Amazon Affiliates Program. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read our disclosure for more information.