Last Updated on February 25, 2022
As we grow older, winter will start to offer more than just snow. What used to be a source of fun and excitement when we were kids can now be both a source of frustration and a safety hazard. Because of that, we will need a reliable tool to help us clear through piles of snow before it gets too slippery and dangerous. Therefore, a good recommendation for the best 2 stage snow blower under $1000 can really come in handy. With that said, we’ve gone over some of the best in the industry, and we’ll share them with you today.
- 1 Best 2 Stage Snow Blower under $1000 for 2022 Review: Key Features, Pros, and Cons
- 1.1 1. Husqvarna ST227P 254CC Two-Stage Electric-Start Snow Blower
- 1.2 2. Champion Power Equipment 100679 224CC Two-Stage Snow Blower
- 1.3 3. Massimo 196CC Heavy-Duty Two-Stage Snow Blower
- 1.4 4. PowerSmart DB7622H Two-Stage Snow Blower – Best for Slippery Surfaces
- 1.5 5. Snow Joe iON8024-XRP iONMAX 80-volt Cordless 2-stage Snow Blower – Most Energy-Efficient
- 1.6 6. EGO Power+ SNT2400 2-stage Snow Blower – Most Weather-Resistant
- 1.7 7. PowerSmart DB2805 24-Inch Cordless Two-Stage Snow Blower – Best Cordless Option
- 2 Buying Guide for the Best 2 Stage Snow Blower under $1000
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Conclusion
Best 2 Stage Snow Blower under $1000 for 2022 Review: Key Features, Pros, and Cons
Together, we’ll go over the best models the market has to offer when it comes to two-stage snow blowers. In this article, we’ll compare and contrast their critical features, as well as their advantages and disadvantages. This way, we can figure out which of these products will work for us and our budget. With that said, let’s dive in.
1. Husqvarna ST227P 254CC Two-Stage Electric-Start Snow Blower
This two-stage snow blower from Husqvarna was designed and developed for homeowners looking for a top-performing snow blower that can easily plow through large piles of snow. With its heavy-duty steel blade augers, the ST227P can easily clear out snow and ice from walkways and driveways.
Aside from this, it works well on any slippery surface, preventing slips and slides while clearing the pathways. It also comes with power steering which, when combined with its friction disc transmission, allows for smoother and enhanced operations.
It has a 5.4 HP motor that gives it enough power to plow through thick piles of snow. In addition, it comes with heated handle grips that allow for enhanced comfort, even during harsh weather conditions.
With that said, the Husqvarna ST227P is an excellent choice for two-stage snow blowers, and it’s solidly built for long-lasting durability.
- Electric-start, gas-powered
- 254CC engine and 5.4 HP
- 27-inch large steel blade augers to slice through thick piles of snow
- 15-inch wheels for better navigation even deep snow
- remote chute deflector for simplified use
- friction disc for smoother operations
- It offers a powerful performance, regardless of the weather conditions.
- It’s solidly built and ensures long-lasting durability.
- This blower comes with power steering for easier maneuverability.
- You also get heated handles for enhanced comfort.
- It can work on any slippery surface.
- The chute’s range isn’t as broad as some of the others.
- The heated handles aren’t as warm as expected.
2. Champion Power Equipment 100679 224CC Two-Stage Snow Blower
The 100679 Two-Stage Snow Blower from Champion Power Equipment is our top premium pick due to its efficient and powerful performance in any weather. It comes with a 224cc engine that’s designed to withstand frigid conditions, allowing you to easily clear pathways for increased safety.
With its 12-inch carbon steel blade augers, it can easily clear up days-old snow and ice, giving it a clearing distance of up to 25 feet. In addition, it has a convenient push-button to trigger an electric start, enabling you to start it up quickly even in sub-zero conditions.
It has 6 forward speeds along with 2 reverse speeds, giving you enhanced control over your snow-clearing activity. While it has a manual chute rotation control, it’s still an excellent choice if you’re looking for something powerful yet efficient.
- 4-cycle 224CC cold-weather engine for the ultimate performance
- 12-inch carbon steel blade augers for heavy-duty snow clearing
- 24-inch clearing capacity and 21-inch clearing height
- 6 forward speeds and 2 reverse speeds
- 120V push-button for electric start
- It’s easy enough to set up, allowing you to use it right away.
- There’s a cold-weather engine that allows for easy operation, even in frigid weather.
- It’s constructed with high-quality and durable materials for long-lasting performance.
- This snow blower features a convenient push button for easy startup in cold weather.
- It has 8 available speed options for enhanced control.
- It’s a bit tough to steer and maneuver in deep snow.
3. Massimo 196CC Heavy-Duty Two-Stage Snow Blower
If you’re looking for something powerful yet still affordable, Massimo’s 196cc Two-Stage Blower might be worth considering. It features a powerful gas-powered 196cc engine with a 3L fuel tank capacity that allows it to deliver an incredible performance, even when clearing deep snow.
It comes with 8 speed controls – 6 forward speeds with 2 reverse speeds, which gives you better control over the machine, especially during freezing temperatures. It comes with 14-inch gripper tires that enable it to remain stable, even on slippery surfaces.
Aside from this, it also allows for one-handed operation, making it convenient and easy to maneuver. It also has a remote chute deflector that helps it clear wider spaces in a shorter period.
It has enough power to clear 24 inches of snow on various surfaces – from gravel to concrete. Among all of the two-stage snow blowers on our list, this offers the best value for money.
- Gas-powered with a 196cc engine and 3L fuel tank capacity for a more powerful performance
- 12-inch steel blade augers for easier clearing
- One-handed operations for convenience
- Remote chute deflector controls for wider clearing distance
- LED headlight for better visibility
- This product comes with a 2-year guarantee that is fairly exceptional for the price.
- It delivers exceptional performance at an affordable price.
- You’ll get better control and incredible stability, even on slippery surfaces.
- It’s convenient enough to handle, especially with its one-handed operation.
- It works effectively to clear pathways after a heavy snowfall.
- The friction belt tends to come off easily.
- It can be tough to get replacement parts.
4. PowerSmart DB7622H Two-Stage Snow Blower – Best for Slippery Surfaces
PowerSmart is another excellent option if you’re looking for a two-stage snow blower that can do its job and do it well. It comes with a 212cc engine that can operate even in sub-zero conditions, and its 13-inch inflatable tires allow it to remain stable, even on incredibly slippery terrain.
It also features 12-inch steel augers that allow it to easily clear up to 22-inch wide and 16-inch deep snow. This allows you to clear any walkway or driveway more easily and quickly.
In addition, it also has a 6-speed drive system that enables you to better maneuver it in unfavorable weather conditions. While it does feature a manual start instead of an electric one, it’s still an excellent choice, especially for slippery surfaces.
- Gas-powered with a manual start, running on a 212cc engine
- 12-inch steel augers for easier snow clearing
- Throwing distance of up to 40 feet
- 13-inch inflatable tires for easier maneuverability on slippery terrains
- 6-speed drive system for enhanced driving
- It has enough power to clear up to 22 inches of snow.
- Its wheels are designed to remain stable on slippery terrains.
- There’s a 6-speed drive system for better maneuverability.
- It’s solidly built for long-lasting performance.
- It’s incredibly versatile and powerful at the same time.
- This blower has a manual start rather than electric.
- It’s not ideal for clearing heavy snowfall.
5. Snow Joe iON8024-XRP iONMAX 80-volt Cordless 2-stage Snow Blower – Most Energy-Efficient
When it comes to two-stage, battery-powered snow blowers, the new Snow Joe iON24SB stands as a reliable contender. In fact, it was even one of the first two-stage blower machines made available in the market.
With that said, this snow blower is capable of raising the accumulated snow around 32 feet, and it is capable of sensing the load on the engine.
This feature maximizes the engine’s performance while conserving the energy used during the clearing process. Its loader is equipped with TracAssist snow tires, so you can expect a ton of grip throughout the winter season, no matter what the groundcover. While the tire qualifications aren’t the best on heavier snow piles, it’s still one of the top models you can find nowadays.
- Serrated steel augers that connect to shear bolts and move a thousand pounds of snow per minute
- Cutting width of 24 inches and a slicing depth of 13 inches, making it a reliable tool against heavy snow
- Remote 180-degree discharge chute rotator and adjustable deflector
- 80V Lithium-Ion EcoSharp batteries with a clear-flip compartment for easier removal and placement
- TracAssist technology to enhance tire grip with adjustable skid shoes to aid snow blower navigation
- This model is lighter, quieter and vibrates less than gas-powered snow blowers.
- This snow blower uses lithium-ion batteries for faster energy retention and re-charging.
- The Snow Joe Promise warranty lasts up to two years.
- Its brushless motors prevent overheating and senses load to conserve energy.
- Its control panel includes a push-button display to adjust speed and direction.
- The LED headlights only have a 0.3 wattage, which is not very reliable for operation in dark areas.
- Once the battery runs out, you cannot operate the machine using the cord.
- Its top speed is relatively still slow for most users.
6. EGO Power+ SNT2400 2-stage Snow Blower – Most Weather-Resistant
The EGO Power+SNT2400 is the first electric snow blower on the market to have a second stage on its engine. Because of this, it’s capable of clearing even the heaviest amounts of snow, even during the most brutal winters.
Although it’s not the most powerful model from EGO, it remains to be one of the easiest to operate due to its simplicity and fewer complications.
Additionally, by showcasing their Arc Lithium batteries, they allow customers to see the largest energy storage capacity in the market.
In addition to that, they also take pleasure in their interchangeable power system, which means clients will be able to reuse the same chargers and batteries on numerous products.
With these features, it’s undoubtedly a top-performing piece of equipment that is compact, light and environmentally friendly to use.
- Gas-powered runs a brushless motor with PeakPower Technology, and 2 56V Arc Lithium batteries
- Self-propelled transmission with variable speeds and auger control
- 24-inch steel augers that can slice and clear through over 20 inches of snow
- Allows for better snow displacement with its 200-degree remote chute and deflector
- Durably built with IPX4 weather resistance and plastic-steel construction
- This is among the few brands that offer a limited yet 5-year warranty.
- The snow blower is incorporated with LED lighting to allow for use in dark areas.
- Its compact and lightweight design doesn’t take much storage space in your shed or garage.
- While it consumes gas, it does not release fumes or smoke.
- The recharging period is fairly quick.
- Its operation is virtually noiseless.
- It utilizes heavy lithium batteries that may be difficult to install into the machine.
- Operation in deeper snow areas requires more physical effort for the user.
- Blades and augers are not as sturdy and may need frequent replacing.
7. PowerSmart DB2805 24-Inch Cordless Two-Stage Snow Blower – Best Cordless Option
Last but not least is the PowerSmart DB2805 Cordless Snow Blower. This is the ideal choice if you’re looking for a model that offers a hassle-free operation. Because it’s a cordless model, you no longer have to deal with tangled wires while clearing a path in your driveway or walkway.
Its 80V batteries have enough juice in them to allow for maximum performance in 90 minutes on a single charge. It also has 12-inch steel blade augers that can clear up to 24-inch wide and 20-inch deep snow with ease and speed.
It also has a 5-speed remote control feature for the chute and deflector that allows you to adjust its angle to how you want it. This allows for enhanced control while clearing snow from your pathways.
It also has other convenient features, such as the built-in safety feature that helps prevent accidental start-ups that can result in accidents and injuries.
- Battery-powered and runs on 80V lithium-ion batteries
- 12-inch heavy-duty steel blade augers for better snow clearing capacity
- 13-inch wheels for improved maneuverability on snowy terrains
- 5-button remote chute and deflector controls for enhanced control
- 24-inch clearing width with a 20-inch clearing height
- It’s battery-powered for better mobility.
- It has a 5-speed remote chute and deflector control for easier and more controlled snow clearing.
- There are no hassles posed by corded options.
- Its batteries can clear up to 35 feet of snow on a single charge.
- It has built-in safety features that can help prevent injuries and accidents.
- This blower is not designed for prolonged use.
- The brand’s customer service can be tough to contact.
Buying Guide for the Best 2 Stage Snow Blower under $1000
Now that we’ve discussed our top picks, let’s now discuss how to determine the best prices on 2 stage snow blower under $1000.
To do this, we’ll have a quick run-through on the various factors you need to consider before making the purchase. This way, you can be sure you’re getting the best value for your money. Let’s begin.
Motor or Engine Power
Given that your snow blower will be powering through heavy piles of snow to make way for paths and roads, you need an engine that can do its job and do it well and reliably.
With that said, your best options will be from 190CC to 420CC. You should note that the higher rating is indicative of how good the performance will be. However, given that our budget is under $1000, a good 208CC can already do the trick.
Variable Speed Controls
Tackling snow could mean a variety of situations, and you need a machine that can adjust to suit your cleaninglearing needs.
As such, multiple variable speeds allow you to work through the snow with just the right speed and power, thus conserving energy in the process. Also, a self-propelled one can make maneuvering and storage much easier.
Auger Width and Cutting Lengths
While we’re still talking speed, it is also important for you to consider the blades and the augers integrated into your snow blower.
The best blade widths will range from 20 to 38 inches. With these dimensions, the machine can slice through thicker piles of snow and get the job done faster.
The larger the machine and the thicker the snow, the harder it will be for you to maneuver it. This is where power steering showcases its convenience. Not only will it allow for better control, you also won’t need to exert as much effort when making turns.
Working on your errands during the winter isn’t exactly a walk in the park, but holding on to something warm can be a welcome relief.
Some snow blowers include a heated handle bar feature that keeps your hands warm as you navigate through piles of snow with your machine. This feature also reduces the discomfort of low temperatures and allows you to more efficiently.
Overall, if you’re looking for a model that has all these, you should check out our top pick and the best overall, the Husqvarna ST227P Two-Stage Snow Blower.
Not only does it offer a powerful enough performance, but it also has various convenient features that can make this tedious chore more manageable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is a 2 stage snow blower?
This type of snow blower uses an auger to pull and discharge, just like a single-stage snow blower. However, it also employs an additional component – an impeller – to help remove the snow as the chute discharges it.
It also showcases a better performance than single-stage models. In addition, it also works well, even on gravel driveways.
Q: Is a self-propelled snow blower better?
Yes. While it may cost more, self-propelled snow blowers are helpful because they come with multiple variable speeds.
This feature allows for easier control for the user, and better performance on the machine since it can move and cut through snow piles with ease.
Q: How much is a 2 stage snow blower?
Primarily, the price of high quality snow blowers tend to range somewhere from $800 to $1200, depending on the specifications and the brand.
While there are gas-powered alternatives that can cost you as low as $500, there are also more expensive options like the track-mounted snow blowers whose prices could reach up to $4500.
Q: Are LED headlights a necessary feature for snow blowers?
While you can always use your snow blower during the day, the winter season can easily mean cloudy skies and a dimmer atmosphere.
As such, getting a snow blower with a competent lighting system for both the interior and the exterior may prove essential.
Q: Are snow blowers with electric start better?
Yes, since they guarantee a faster and sure start. Gas-powered snow blowers generally utilize a recoil start, which can get tricky when the temperatures get too low.
With snow blowers that have an electric start, plugging your machine and hitting the start button can already get you going. Moreover, the starting mechanism significantly reduces the strain on your shoulder, unlike with recoil or pull start.
To wrap it all up, we hope that you take note of all the essential factors that make up the best 2 stage blower under $1000. While there still may be a lot of other products available in the market, you can ensure that our top picks come with the guarantee of performance and cost-effectiveness.
With these, you can clear up heavy piles of snow to better accessibility and overall safety. With that said, we hope you stay warm and prepared with a good ol’ snow blower in your home to help you out for this winter season. Be safe!
homestuffpro.com is reader-supported and a part of the Amazon Affiliates Program. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read our disclosure for more information.